Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Ohrrpgce questions, suggestions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arpgme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Ohrrpgce questions, suggestions... Reply with quote

One of the things that makes Ohrrpgce so difficult is that the text boxes are separate from the NPCS (or NPC objects).

If it were able to do text boxes from NPCS instead of having to exit and go all the way to the "Edit Text Boxes" menu, it would make things a whole lot easier.

My suggestions when you are at the NPC information where it says "Display Text" maybe if you press enter or something it can bring you to the "Edit Text Boxes" menu?

Also, are there still plans to make bigger sprites? It would be great if they were just a "LITTLE" bigger, at least 30x30. There is not enough space to draw character and/or to give them detail in their walkabouts.

I remember this being mentioned before that there may be problems with maptiles if sprites were bigger since maptiles are also 20x20 (I think).

But can't the maptile sizes also be increased to 30x30 to clear that problem?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumping directly to the text box editor for the NPC editor is a good idea. I'll have to think about how to do it cleanly, but it is a good suggestion.

We do have some plans for making larger sprites, but I don't know how long it will take.

There are already some tricks you can do with plotscripting to get bigger walkabouts. See http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=4255
arpgme

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This website doesn't seem to have a lot of activity. Thank you for responding.
I really don't like scripting. I'm happy that plans for bigger sprites are being talked about though.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real problem with walkabouts larger than tiles is that map layers aren't sufficient for thin objects like fences that you can stand both behind and in front of: you'll have to use NPCs or slices for that.

I can't see any problem with the NPC editor calling the textbox editor, which is something I'd really like to see too. The only piece of global state that the textbox editor seems to modify is gen(genMaxTextbox).

Of course if we allowed jumping from one editor to another in general (which we should!) we need more sophisticated navigation and handling of loops and data dependencies.

Also, if we could use multiple windows, then I would like the ability to have different editors open in different windows, but that's in the distant future...
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob the Hamster wrote:
We do have some plans for making larger sprites, but I don't know how long it will take.

arpgme wrote:
I'm happy that plans for bigger sprites are being talked about though.

I'm definitely happy about that as well! 20 x 20 is an awfully small space to have to work with. Oookay...
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum