Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Using the OHR engine for Machinima

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronoboy
Into the past with a splash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Using the OHR engine for Machinima Reply with quote

I have recently put together a Machinima made using the OHR Engine and plotscript. Has anybody else made such creations to tell a story?

You can view mine in flash format here:
http://www.chronoboy.com/what-s-new/rampagecutscene

If there is interest in this, I can post the RPG file as well. Although it's not a game, but rather an movie in the RPG file. :p

Enjoy and please post your comments. Oh, and parental discretion is advised, it's rather violent and bloody.

The Wobbler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
chronoboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are seeing a white box where the flash video should be, give it a bit of time... On slower connections it can take a few moments to load. Even on my connection, it takes about 20-30 seconds to finally pop-up.

The flash file is here:
http://c0021588.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/u6death.swf

It was generated using the video capture software, so it's not the best flash experience. I'll post a link to the actual RPG file, as that might be easier to use for most people.

I'll have to check out OHR house sometime.

The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. The link where the flash is embedded in the page never works, but the direct link to the swf file works immediately.

Those converted Ultima tiles look nice. I never thought about doing Ultima-style 45-degree angle perspective in the OHR, but it works.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chronoboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surlaw wrote:
Is the whole video seriously just a guy going into a house, a couple NPCs dying, and then guards yelling? There's no sound, no music, it's laggy, the graphics are ripped, and nothing happens.

Yeah... *sigh* looks down at my shoes...

I put this together as a test to try out my Ultima tileset and some plotscripts. In the end it looked neat, so I recorded it to flash and put it online. The video recorder does not support my sound card for recording audio, and wasn't prepared to edit the swf to inject some sound. If I make future videos, they will have sound and hopefully vocals(similar to that of how Code Monkeys does their).

James Paige wrote:
Those converted Ultima tiles look nice. I never thought about doing Ultima-style 45-degree angle perspective in the OHR, but it works.

Well, not to get you all excited, but my entry for the heart of OHR sortof uses these tiles, but a tad newer version. I remastered some tiles and fixed the odd bug, as well as adding some custom tiles and battle pictures.

This video was basically a test to see how a scripted murder scene would work in OHR, which came out rather nicely. Notice the blood effects on the victims.

NOTE: This video's story(if any) and scene are not in the final product. In fact, they are two seperate RPG files with similar graphics. :p

Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARFENHOUSE TEH MOVIE!!!1

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: