Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Round 3 - From Omega to Alpha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djfenix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Round 3 - From Omega to Alpha Reply with quote

A lot of us start games that dont really go past the first dungeon. In some cases, not even past the intro. We intend on getting things done, we really do. We plan and plan, fabricating intricate plots, great details, and ultimately, the ultimate denouement. But alas, we just dont manage to do it...

Mission
Although this probably would give you the chance to complete a game, you will have the chance to conclude one.

You're job is to make a final dungeon that must have a final boss. Treat it as if it were an actual final dungeon, where the plot has already been revealed (or you can choose to reveal everything throughout the dungeon via flashbacks or recaps or something). But it must have the final dungeon feel.

That being said, that goes the same with the battles. Try not to have weak looking lvl 1 slimes or whatever. However, you're characters may start at level 1 and be able to grow through level ups or however you choose.

You can also include a town or refuge of some sort.

Tip
The title of this round suggests you work backwards. Make your ending first, then your last boss, then your dungeon. If you want to include any other events prior to the finale, by all means. Hell, if you even manage to make a full complete game, go right ahead. As long as you have a final dungeon, final boss, and ending, then it's a valid entry
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn dude, if you keep making awesome themes, this contest may last every weekend for like months and months. Haha. I'm going to certainly TRY and churn out something.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pass. I haven't done anything like this, so I have no clue where and how to start. Plus I don't have any inspiration for macho monsters or the final boss.
haappy-aardvark
aka Eagtile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this is a pretty awesome idea for a theme... I mean... the final dungeon and final boss fight should be the best part of any game!

I will be unable to participate this weekend, though I really look forward to the entries. It sounds, however, like I'm not the only one dropping out...

Go RMZ!
Blue Pixel
SPY SAPPIN MAH FISH SANDWICH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i didnt think id be able to do this due to travel but it turns out we had to cancle. if i start now and finish in 2 days could i make an entry?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry bro, you gotta finish it tonight...
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE! I tried and tried to upload my game last night. But CP wasn't working for some odd reason, and now I'm at school. I won't be able to get home for like 4 hours. Anyway I can upload my game then, cause I didn't wonna stay up all damn night waiting for CP to come back.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedMaverickZero wrote:
DUDE! I tried and tried to upload my game last night. But CP wasn't working for some odd reason, and now I'm at school. I won't be able to get home for like 4 hours. Anyway I can upload my game then, cause I didn't wonna stay up all damn night waiting for CP to come back.

Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. An upgrade took me all night to complete. I started it at 5 and thought that would be plenty of time to finish before the contest deadline. Errors later, it's almost 5 AM and everything seems to be working fine again. If anyone runs into any issues, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only hope that fenix is an understand guy and lets me still upload my game for the contest. Heh. I managed to upload what I could using stuff from my photobucket account to kinda get a placeholder.

http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=848
djfenix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, i think you might've uploaded the wrong file...
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I tried to update the game thing, so I could include a screenshot before I uploaded the actual game and it wasn't working. And it included that weird zip file, cause I clicked "No File"...

Due to complications at home though, I won't be able to get back online on my home computer til like 12 hours from now... Will that still be alright? Cause I was definitely planning on having this thing done last night.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as you're the only entrant, I don't think it really matters what you uploaded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: