Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

More crappy stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djfenix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: More crappy stuff Reply with quote

C&C welcome.

I know his arm is really, really, demented....

Yay for photoshop effects... and for crappy stockings....

... i cant believe i actually got the anatomy right this time...[/img]
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. First and third are favorites, middle just feels a bit sloppy. Sketchier, would do better with no effects or color. Don't have a problem really with arm on first guy. Maybe get rid of strong outline between arm & body. Major problem with third one is that she looks hella mannish. It's the chin. She has a big, manly chin. From the neck down she's hot.
Snow_fox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the comment about the third drawing (kinda manly), I actually like the second one but I would suggest no bumble bee butt ( It just doesn't suit her) get rid of that and she'll be really pretty, first one is excellent.
the fool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow_fox wrote:
I agree with the comment about the third drawing (kinda manly), I actually like the second one but I would suggest no bumble bee butt ( It just doesn't suit her) get rid of that and she'll be really pretty, first one is excellent.

adding to that, i think if you threw out the butt, but left the stinger, it'd look fine. i like the background of the first and third, especially the third. the second one i'd say kind of ruins it, as it doesn't look very well done, nor look like anything in particular.

also on the first, i'm not sure if this was intended, but his legs are a bit see-thru.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one else thinks the arm looks strange on the first one? o_O;;
Well, on the note of the see through legs, that's the result of a motion blur... didnt noticed that it made the leg look faded ^^:

The second one was supposed to be some sorta forest like background. Just the sillouettes of the trees were supposed to be visable. I guess it failed, heh. The who character was sort of a rip-off of Dark Stalker's Queen Bee, but i guess the but doesnt work so well, either.

For the third---manly chin? Yeah, i agree... needs work =P
Valigarmander
Bye-Bye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first pic is great. There's nothing wrong with the arm, at least that I can see...

The second one is a little bit sketchy... And I think the bee-butt does look a little wierd.

The third picture is my favorite. I agree with Me that the chin looks a little manly, but aside from that :thumbs up:
Battleblaze
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people goin super SaJun d00d.

Wow I don't se a problem with any. Although the overall design of the beegirl scares me.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow I don't se a problem with any.

And that in itself, is a flaw.
Bug finder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His arm is a bit strange as you said, I think it's the strong dark outline and the muscle might be too bulky where the outline is.

Other than that, it's good. I thought the second one with the bee butt was interesting, because I never saw something like that before.

Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The perspectives on the first one are inconsistent, especially comparing his overall posture with the background. His right arm, as you mentioned, is muscled in spots where it shouldn't be. However, it is the best of the three.

Anorexic beegirl? Look at her waist, measured from the largest point on her rear to the right of her leg. Also look at how her left leg is unnaturally curved. Weird.

As has been said, portrait number three is pretty hot if you remove the guy-chin. The face is really the only thing wrong with this one, but it looks so much like a guy's face that I can only feel confused about this one overall.

Oh, and so we're clear, the coloring and shading are excellent on all of these. I don't mean to come off as overly critical on what are good pictures.
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. I don't see why every 'anime girl' has to be pretty in order for it to be a great drawing. Sure, it's acknowledged as a good drawing, but the manly chin somehow takes away from the quality? What if the character is supposed to be that way?

A What is the World Coming to? rant brought to you by a veritable madman. Who happens to be sane. : )

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LongeBane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artimus Bena wrote:
Eh. I don't see why every 'anime girl' has to be pretty in order for it to be a great drawing. Sure, it's acknowledged as a good drawing, but the manly chin somehow takes away from the quality? What if the character is supposed to be that way?

A What is the World Coming to? rant brought to you by a veritable madman. Who happens to be sane. : )

"Anime girls" don't necessarily have to be 'pretty'. But seriously though, I was confused on the gender of the third one. I thought fenix was trying to be funny, especially thinking the caption was ironic, when it turns out he WASN'T, and that he was ACTUALLY trying to draw a girl. When it comes to the point where it's not supposed to be ironic, than what's wrong with some constructive criticism?
Camdog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the point is, he did draw a girl, the girl has a manly face, and the drawing looks good. I guess the question is, was the girl intended to have a 'manly' face?
LongeBane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I picked up a tone of irony from the third picture's description, so I thought he did it on purpose. But everyone thinks that was not intentional but rather a mistake.

I'd be fine if he intended a man's face. But if he wasn't, and it was an error, than there's no reason to not be able to point out what he did wrong, and how he can fix it.

Just add some hairs to those legs.
Hachi-Roku
From now until forever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to say about the first picture that hasn't already been said.

The bee-girl's eyes are...built the same way. Both straight at the camera even though she has her head turned, it seems. I don't know, there's no whites in the eyes so it's hard to tell.

The device on the 3rd character's head is nice, but the ear "cover" of the helmet is facing straight at me, and with the head at that angle it should be turned a bit. Then again the helmet might actually be curved that way since it does go on to wrap around to the other side, but I'm guessing otherwise (and even then, the rest of the helmet hanging off the back would seem at least somewhat out of place).

Other than that, I can dig the super-high platform shoes~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: