Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

What modivates you to make a game (aka why do you do it)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msw188

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: similar to Jasongm Reply with quote

I first began working on an RPG as a sequel to Dragon Warrior IV. I must have been about 10 or so, and I was really upset when I heard that Dragon Quest V had been made, but was released only in Japan. I drew some maps and came up with a basic storyline (which became more and more affected by Final Fantasy 3 and the Lord of the Rings, both of which held my attention at the time, and LotR still amazes me today, 10 years later). But I didn't know anything about computers or anything, I just imagined. After some time, I decided that if I could not make my ideas into a game (that was becoming more like a tribute to the DW series, FF3 and LotR) I would convert the whole idea into a book. Unfortunately, I'm a horrible writer, but I liked my ideas, so I worked on this for a few years, ending up with nearly 600 typed, single space pages. I gave up on it soon after that, as it was becoming too complicated, and I didn't know how to write on details of a war (having never been in one). This was about 4 years ago. Then a couple summers ago, fresh out of a class in C and Penn State, I decided to go back to the original gaming idea, and I searched for a gaming engine, and found the OHRRPGCE.
Hmm, that was more like how I found the OHRRPGCE (wasn't that a post earlier somewhere? Oops). But it also explains why I'm making my current game, and it's similarities to DW4. I make it because I miss those old games, and I want to make something like them. I have fun doing everything in the OHR but the graphics (and it shows, I suppose). I also enjoy letting my little brother play my game (he's 9 1/2, prime-time to begin playing RPG's, heh heh). I didn't know about this community until a week or two ago, but I'd like to have my game become known here as better than some of the newbie projects that come out, although that is questionable...
T.Hi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Because... Reply with quote

I love RPG's ('specially those made with the OHR) and thought it would be cool to make one - I thought it would be doubly cool to use my children's names and [sort'a] likenesses - they will live on forever! Ha ha ha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: