Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Any thoughts on my Hero's Journey Demo_0?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msw188

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Any thoughts on my Hero's Journey Demo_0? Reply with quote

I noticed that my demo has recently exceeded 40 downloads, which makes me very happy. Does anyone have any thoughts about it, or do most people start and just go, "Bleh, this game sucks, next," and then delete it? So far, Iblis has been very kind in providing me with feedback consistently, and I am very thankful. Does anyone else have anything to say?
I began the thread asking for feedback on the Announcements page, but I realized that it may make more sense for this kind of thread to be on this page instead. Iblis especially, if you read this, I think perhaps you should send any thoughts to this thread instead of the old one on Announcements. And if anyone ever comes up with the time to finish the Demo and write a review, I'll be very excited and thankful. I realize the lack of fairness in asking for a possible review when I have never submitted one myself, so I downloaded Wingedmene (after reading Athereal's very positive review), and I think that I may review it after I finish (which may be a while, I am generally play for less than an hour a day). It is quite superior to my game in many areas, but not all, at least, not to me. But it is easy to tell when a game is being made by a team, and not by a singular newbie like mine!
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I finish it, I plan to write a review for it. I've been a little busy recently though, and I haven't had much time to play it.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you feel any better, when it gets a lot of downloads in a short time, that's a good sign. Either that, or I'm a real ignoramous!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JSH357

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...
My game Query Part 1:Who Am I? is pretty bad, but it has about 700 downloads.(including those outside CP)

Games that have just been released and start with lower letters of the alphabet generally have more downloads, I think. I haven't played the g ame this thread is about yet, but I might... when I get tired of Soul Blazer.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tired of Soul Blazer...

is such a thing possible?
JSH357

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
msw188

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: A specific question Reply with quote

Hi again. This post is for anyone who has beaten Part 1 (I know Iblis has, at least), and maybe other Parts as well. I was wondering if there was any chance you could remember what level your heros were on before and/or after beating the boss? I know what level I was on while playtesting, but I'm a level-gaining kind of guy, so I'd like to hear what level other players would be on. This will help me when I begin working in earnest on Part 6. So to anyone reading who hasn't beaten Part 1 yet, if you do could you post this information for me? The same goes for any other Parts. Thank you very much again, anyone who has downloaded Hero's Journey. As usual, any other feedback on the game is more than welcome.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I beat part 1: Colin was 11 or 12, Kapa was 10
when I beat part 2: All were on 11, but it was a bit of a challenge. Would be better on a higher level, but at the time I just wanted to get to the next chapter.

Pointless side note: when I got Bane, he had 1 less experience than Kahn. Not one less level, just one less experience point. I thought that was pretty cool.

I'll tell you when I beat part 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: