Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

.hack//OHR Root Town Demo RELEASED!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: .hack//OHR Root Town Demo RELEASED!!!! Reply with quote

This is for all you people who are lookin' forward to .hack//OHR. I now have a demo release that consists of the Root Town only with the wandering players. To PIcarDMPC, I'm going to change your role from where it currently is in this demo.

Oh, and by the way, read the Readme FIRST, because it has info that will help you to not freeze the game. And be sure to check your "e-mail" and Message Board on occasion.

Here's how to see every post and e-mail in chronological order:
1) Post #1 is already up and you have a welcome mail from Squall
2) Recruit Denlan in the party for Post #2 and an intro e-mail
3) Recruit Housemaster in your party for an intro e-mail
4) Recruit Austin in your party for Post #3 and an intro e-mail
5) Read post #3 and find the old guy Jerry_Atrik under the bridge.
He'll post up Post #4.

That's all I got so far, folks. Next I have to work on the fields and Chaos Gate, but hey, this much is already fun!

Also, please hold off on reviews. I don't want anyone reviewing this when the game is not featured in its fulness....if that makes any sense.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so you got my email then? I wasn't able to PM you, and I still can't, so if you haven't checked your email yet, do so, since I finally answered your questions about my character. I'll check out this demo right away.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was kinda funny, actually! You told me both in e-mail and PM that it wasn't letting you (I had the same problem yesterday, but Inferior Minion's working on that), but I got all of them. I'm going to read it over when I get home to change your character. Thanks a bunch!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the new server has another problem...it doesn't seem to like the way I have the e-mail system set up. If you get the error "Unable to send e-mail..." don't worry. The message or post worked, but e-mails were not sent to users who a) are watching a topic or b) request e-mails when they recieve PMs. And yes, I'm working on it Oookay...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that's why it been saying that but still posts. Sorry about the multiple messages Setu. Oookay...
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I know how the contributions will be used, I may wan't to change my contributions. Just so you know. If that is ok, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the only complaint I have is the homepage thing. The errors there are really annoying: Most of the time, when I tell it to go into the world, it doesn't do anything, and then it gives me those script errors. Once I finally got in, I got the three easy to get people and saved, and then tried going back to the homepage. I got there ok, and read the stuff, but now I can't get back to the world everytime I try. If these errors are fixed, this'll be a great game Setu. I really do like it. Perhaps you should consult with some others about these errors; it seems like you have some plotscripting problems. I can't help you myself, since I know nothing about plotscripting, but perhaps others here at CP will be able to.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty! I got some feedback!

*holds his hands over his ears waiting for it to fade.

Just kidding. Dumb joke, huh?

Anyways, 1) Squall, go ahead and change your contributions, I still have to change/add some things in the root town, so it's all good. I have to change PIcarDMPC's role and add Wingedeme as a party member (*sighs* Thanks to the LOONGGG time it took to get a hold of Komera)
and 2) PIcarDMPC, I did have problems with Buffer Overflow errors if you fart around too long on the homepage, but I didn't have a problem logging back into the world on my comp at home. However, I downloaded it to this library computer that runs in XP, and it DID do that, so I really haven't got a clue what the problem is to fix it.

And don't worry about the multiple posts, man! I don't really get miffed over that kinda stuff. This server's been messing with everybody, but I have hope that Inferior Minion's fixing it!

PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I figured it out. You see, I'm not running it on my computer; I'm running it on another one of ours that has XP on it. Mine's disconnected right now in order to let me place something next to this one because I needed to reference back and forth between the computer and it in order to write something. My guess is that once I get my computer reconnected and download a copy onto it, I should have no problems at all, except those screwy script errors.
I'll be awaiting the next update to see what my character looks like. BTW, in case you didn't know, the name for my character and my real name are one and the same. Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: