Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Help with the NPC copy count command

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camdog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Help with the NPC copy count command Reply with quote

I'm having some trouble using the NPC copy count command. Basically, it doesn't seem to work for me, even when I use it for relatively simple commands. For instance, when I use it with a show value command, a 0 pops up if there are no NPC 5s hanging around, but no value is displayed if I up that count. The command is simply...

show value(NPC copy count(5))

What gives? What am I doing wrong?
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you up that amount? As in you run the 'show value' command again, or you create a NPC of id 5?
Minnek
Conjurer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's what I can suggest, though I'm not sure it'll fix the problem... try having a variable be set equal to the npc copy count, have it wait(1), then run the show value with the variable as what is passed.

Code:
set variable(NPCsCounted, npccopycount(5))
wait(1)
show value(NPCsCounted)

hope that helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with the NPC copy count command Reply with quote

Camdog wrote:
I'm having some trouble using the NPC copy count command. Basically, it doesn't seem to work for me, even when I use it for relatively simple commands. For instance, when I use it with a show value command, a 0 pops up if there are no NPC 5s hanging around, but no value is displayed if I up that count. The command is simply...

What gives? What am I doing wrong?

So when there are no copies of NPC 5,
Code:

displays a zero... but when there is one copy of NPC 5 on the map it displays nothing? Or do you mean it displays a zero, which doesn't look any different from the zero you had on the screen from the previous "show value", so it looks like it has displayed nothing?

You may have found a bug of some kind, but I know the "NPC copy count" command works, because I have tested it. (It just might not work "right" or it might not work "always" ;)
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny... I have seemed to accidentally copy the NPCs in the Fortress of one of my games (TTLQuest) again, it was on accident. I have no clue how that could have happened, I had a HELL of a time cleaning the place up aftert that, and I am still trying to figure it out... That is how they copied like that. I generally don't have an answer for you, my friend, but even if I did, it would already have been taken by James (the all knowing one) or Minnek...
Even so, I have a similar problem that is just the opposite, mine copy when I don't want em' to! *GULP* What?!?!

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, LeRoy he's talking about dislaying how many copies of the same npc is on the map, not copying as in transferring npc...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camdog wrote:
...no value is displayed if I up that count...

(emphasis mine)
Yes, he's obviously not having trouble copying them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... Well, isnt that imbarrassing... Oookay... I see now, but I cant help. I coulda helped with what I thought was the problem, but not this. I just aint good enough at PlotScripting yet. Neutral

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's all good leroy, at least you tried.
plotscripting is easy to understand, one word "practice"
took me a month of practice to finally understand all commands in the dictionary, before i started using a combination (advanced) plotscripting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum