Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

BAM Music Downloads
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, if you want an easy download of VDMS, just search 'VDMS' in the gamelist. Big grin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea but maybe you should encorporate midi's....just a thought.

[CNN would like to note that nobody pays attention to any of these at all] --- Thank you for watching CNN
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my vote. Great idea. Even though my computer can't play .BAM files (It makes me scream in agony sometimes) I would like to know that that exists when I have my soundcard replaced.
DobyGillis
Like before, but better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we include midis in addition to BAMs? I mean I fail to see how that's really solving any problems, since the only application would be to midi2bam them, then use them. Why not midi2bam the midis and send them that way? But yes, this BAM section will provide a safe haven for my 4 or 5 battle themes I've got going. Shameless self promotion? Selfless shame promotion?

"My father's been working in that steel mill for 60 years. That's almost 80 years!"

-peter griffin

-Barret, FFVII

Doby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, one reason you might include midis is that you can edit them, maybe change some instruments. You can't edit .bam files (as far as I know). I suppose we could include .not files, but I just think midis would be easier.
DobyGillis
Like before, but better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that brings up another point. Is there any software than can convert bams to not files? or just a straight-up bam editor, since bame files seem to have the ability to switch samples mid-song, which the nots do not.

-Barret, FFVII

Doby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough cough*
I Beg You' Pa'don?!

I included MIDIs so people can hear not only the BAM file, but what the piece was originally supposed to sound like. .....now that I think of it, Iblis' point also factors in there, but there is no shame in what I do.

If you think I'm a bozo for including MIDIs, then that's okay. I just thought people would want to know what the music was intended to sound like.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shameless self promotion? Selfless shame promotion?

*smiles, resisting the temptation to pie Doby*

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self promotion... Alas the term does not exist... We all pull our creative thaughts from the same stream of universal knowledge. Know this, and the concept of coppy right laws is completely REDICULOUS! I can recall SO MANY instances where I would make something up I thaught was entirely original, and then find that it has been taken AND copyrighted! CURSE IT!!! Crying (I'm rambling...)

But I digress... Yes... I would like to see all yer songs. Smokin' I would like to know how many sound like mine... I AM BEING RIPPED! AGH! Oh well... We are one! Let's listen to our songs *turns up the volume!!!!*

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about not posting in dead threads, okay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: