Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Hoshima Art

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Hoshima Art Reply with quote

Here's for the character bios in the game's menu:

Hoshima:

Saki:

Kounnosuke:

I already know that Kou's left arm is too small, and I'm going to fix that. Raspberry!
But, I looked their names up in the Romaji text to find out how they're written and what their translations are.
Also, Abagail was in the original manga, but I never got far enough in the game to introduce him (yes, believe it or not, it is a male). I'm going to introduce him earlier in the game, though.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sew
Just here for looks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly might touch those pictures up..

^_^

~Sew
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arms are WAY too short.
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather like the coloring
Velduanga
I heard there were bagels here...

Location: A town away from White Owl, I kid you not, unless he moved.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good coloring for the most part (I dont think ninjas would ever like to wear bright red). As for your proportions...they just arent there. I suggest you study a couple of American comic book characters to get some practice. Saki's boobs need more shadow, but its a good start. How'd you research those name meanings?

"If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice"-Tom Clancy
Camdog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the actual art, but it looks to me like Hoshima's name is spelled wrong in kana. I don't know much kanji, but the last character is a hirigana 'i'. Shouldn't it be a hirigana 'ma'?

I'm not exactly an expert at Japanese, so yell at me if I'm talking out of my ass. Just something I noticed.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Saki character chick kinda looks like my Allaia character from Axle 1. The purple hair and the jacket. hehe. Good stuff though. It's good art, but I suggest you to spiff them up a bit, although they are very well designed!
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoshima - His belt has no depth, making his middle look flat. However, he is the best colored of the three.

Saki - Those eyes are very scary. Huge. She is also the worst drawn; her hands are blobs and the coloring isn't very well done. Not only that, there is no shading on her breasts; its just a line. This is the worst of the three.

Kounnosuke - Best hair of the three. Howver, the lack of shading in his arms makes him appear flat. The hilts of his swords are too small, and the shading is a bit off in his cross...things on his chest.

Both saki and Kounnosuke look like their clothes are glued on; there isn't enough shading between the clothing and the body. Its also interesting to note that Saki's breasts seem to only affect her shirt, not the coat... Also, they all seem to be suffering from huge headoversizements, which is ok in that type of anime, but assuming you are going for a serious story you may want to work on that.

I'm guessing you drew this in MSPaint, which (if you did), is a decent job. However, you if you have access to a scanner you should probably draw on paper and then use some CG techniques with programs such as Photoshop or Pixia or something. You can find plenty of CG tutorials by searching google.

Keep working...
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Saki's shirt looks pretty weird, too. It is seriously way too tight. Shirt's just don't do that, man. You shouldn't be able to make out the, um...roundness like that. Kou, his neck looks too short. Besides those things and the short arms, they're pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I did this in MSPaint. It's not that easy, and I'm still learning as an artist. Graphics are not really my forte, but I'm working towards it.

And by the way, Vel (if you're the one who said it), Kou's not a ninja. It's the style of dress of his people.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
planethunter
Lost In Emotion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
Apart from the obvious arm flaws in all of them, (there short arms)

How come I was the only one to notice about Saki.
She's a little misaligned in the frontal department.

Ph's suggestion: Wearing a bra would show addittional self-control.

tedious critisism aside, good job.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*slaps Planethunter for looking at Saki's breasts*
Big grin You bad-a boy! Raspberry!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: