Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Nightly bugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sotrain515

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Nightly bugs Reply with quote

Not sure if I should report on bugs from the nightlies? I will stop if this is unneeded, just let me know.

I am currently using the nightly I downloaded on November 21st, 2012. The first bug is that it no longer compiles the script files automatically, which feature I found very time-saving, but obviously this is not a big deal. Much more vexing is a recent bug I found that seems to delete existing SFX when importing new ones.

I have around 70 SFX currently and when I imported another, it seemed to delete the one before it (still showed the correct KB-size but says "NO FILE" and does not play). When I reloaded that one, the one before it was deleted, etc., etc. To get around this I am currently loading up the stable build, importing SFX and then re-installing the nightly (is this dangerous to do?).
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug reports on nightly builds are very welcome.

The SFX import bug was fixed on 2012-11-28, so you just need to download the latest nightly.

Can you tell me more about the script import bug? Script import+compile seems to be working fine when I test it. Which operating system are you using? Windows? Mac? Which version?
sotrain515

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Windows Vista. When I go to Compile and/or Import scripts (.hss/.hs) it only gives me the option to select .hss and .hs files. I might be crazy but I could have sworn it used to let you pick .txt files themselves and then it would (attempt to) compile it for you right then and there. Just saved an extra step, I guess.

By the way I just tested the latest nightly and that SFX issue was indeed resolved. Thanks!
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sotrain515 wrote:
I am using Windows Vista. When I go to Compile and/or Import scripts (.hss/.hs) it only gives me the option to select .hss and .hs files. I might be crazy but I could have sworn it used to let you pick .txt files themselves and then it would (attempt to) compile it for you right then and there. Just saved an extra step, I guess.

By the way I just tested the latest nightly and that SFX issue was indeed resolved. Thanks!

Oh, I understand. So it is a problem with not allowing the file browser to select .txt files, as opposed to a problem with it allowing you to select them but then refusing to compile them correctly.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is dangerous to switch from a nightly back to an older release. If there have been any significant file format changes we generally increment a version number so that you'll get an error message, but if you don't get one that's no guarantee it's safe.

.txt files are only shown in the script import browser if they are detected as appearing to contain scripts. The way this is detected is just a quick hack, and I changed it recently because it was previously too loose. Specially it looks for include, plotscr.hsd in the first 30 lines of the file. Could you paste the beginning of your file? I'd like to fix it to autodetect your scripts correctly.
sotrain515

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, here's the first thirty lines of my script file. It's all just comments and constant declarations. I have the line "include, plotscr.hsd" right at the top there.. not sure why it doesn't see it. Name of the text file is "catblack-script.txt"; think that has anything to do with it (that hyphen maybe)?

Code:

include, plotscr.hsd
include, catblack.hsi
include, scancode.hsi

#CONSTANTS

#   NPC KEY (IMPORTANT, UPDATE EVERY TIME YOU ADD AN NPC)
#   these are constant across all maps

#   NPC 0 = Cat
#   NPC 1 = Dirty Rat
#   NPC 2 = Old Ghost
#   NPC 3 = Creeping Mold
#   NPC 4 = Windup Toy
#   NPC 5 = Generic Item
#   NPC 6 = The Colonel
#   NPC 7 = Buster
#   NPC 8 = Beth
#   NPC 9 = ***Reserved NPC***
#   NPC 10 = Specific Item (e.g. Mushroom)
#   NPC 11 = Mangy Mutt
#   NPC 12 = Docile Dog

#   TURN LIMIT CONSTANTS

define constant(0, cb:mn)
define constant(1, cb:sq1)
define constant(2, cb:sq2)
define constant(3, cb:sq3)

define constant(999, cb:no_limit)
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! This was a straight up bug, not just being too strict. I should have tested it properly. Fixed; thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum