Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

What to package with a game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msw188

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: What to package with a game Reply with quote

With the Windows port of Tirgoviste, I was wondering if there were any changes as to what a person needs to play an OHR game. In the past, I would zip the .rpg file, game.exe, and some .txt instructions, and I'm pretty sure that that was it. Is that still all that is needed?
chris98

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also need a naughty pic called b00bies.gif!!! Doy! Otherwise Fen won't respec' you!! LOL J/K, don't take offence fenrirLunaris, I love ya really!!

Seriously, I don't think they would make it needlessly complex, that should be all it needs.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, please stop. You're dumbing the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What to package with a game Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda off-topic, but the CL seems to be related to the number of posts made by the user since a certain date. Inactive users are CL 0, Giz and Leroy are CL 11 (the highest I can find), and I'm CL 9. The red bar underneath that seems to be related to the user's status (e.g. moderator, admin).

Anyway, to answer the original question, PHC's right. You need exactly what was needed before.
Technomancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACTUALLY, since the OHR was GPLed, you must ALSO include license-binary.txt. MUST MUST MUST. Or, alternatively, a full copy of the source code. Which do you think is easier?

Edit: And, I think the red bar underneath CL is how many posts/points you need to "level up", or, that's what I pumped outta cube the other week.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cube
Dimensional Traveller

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Topic derailment ho! If you guys wanna talk about this more it'd probably be best to make a topic just for it after this post)

CL stands for Castle Level, which is part of a little thing I designed called CPS. It's a little minigame thing that'll be fully added to the site... Eventually. It's taking forever to add, I know, but whatever.

Basicly, when the red bar fills up you go up a level. It is increased by posting/writing reviews for games currently. When we get more features added to the site, there'll be other ways to make it go up too. Of course, writing a single review is worth more than just randomly posting, so the red bar fills up much faster when submitting reviews.

Eventually you'll be able to spend your gained levels on nifty little virtual stuff like swords/armor/spells (So your levels will decrease) to increase stats and whatnot, which will be used in another minigame that'll come further down the road. It's partly just for fun, but it has other uses too which will be explained when it's officially implemented.

I should also point out that it's likely everyone's level will be reset to 0 when it's actually added, so everyone starts off at even ground. We've just been monitoring how CP is gained through posts/reviews to balance it out, basicly.

So anyway, it's nothing bad if anyone was worried about that, heheh.
dbpro2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say you make it one file by getting QuickBFC and including the files. Then you can make a menu with BATMNU and make a menu, there you could choose the game (executing command as GAME FILENAME.RPG), and the readme (executing command as MORE FILENAME.TXT), and package both a win32 version and a DOS version, then you could give it away on your website, there you could give away (or sell) A ZIP DOS file a ZIP WIN file, an EXE DOS file, and an EXE WIN file. Thats what i plan to do with all mine. Of course, I would include the plotscript.hsi file with mine to make sure it works. I'm sorry that thats not very much on topic, but, thats a tip with packaging your files.
FyreWulff
Still Jaded

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you do not need to include the hsi file unless you plan on letting people see/edit/compile the plotscripts for the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: