Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Call me strange, but...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question was not whether a gun is better than a sword, but rather what a swordfighter could do to survive against a gunfighter.

A good excuse would be a blessed sword (like the Sword of Ortiphlius in my The Guardian's Tale), but not every sword can be blessed. A blessed sword would be considerably rare, especially a blessed sword that can deflect bullets (on it's own, without the wielder needing to properly position it).

So, about the only thing I can think of is to downplay guns, or make bullets less lethal (or less solid, replacing them with energy). I'm really at a loss...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SunsOfFlame

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is on topic of the first post, but off topic of the rest

I have an idea thatll work for an FPS, and its not that complex. I have started a survival horror game outta it, or should i say im planning to.

basically when not shooting its normal 3rd person, but when a battle occurs, it switches to a 3rd person thing.

basically to control in 3rd pirson, you press 1-4 or R. R reloads. 1-4 fire. 1 fires down the first area, 2 down the second, etc.

not very good description, but youll see the basic system later, i hope, and then ill make it so people can add to it.
Jack Slater

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A point to make on guns and bullets if you wanted to you could instead of defense the gun fighter would have agility rather than taking a diriect hit. Not saying make the fighter a bullet dogging manieack but less of a chance to get hit.

["I kill all who where the blue armor. "]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eggie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's take a look at Final Fantasy 8. Junctioning makes a weapon stronger. Irvine's gun becomes more powerful. It's the spirit power in the junctioning that makes it more powerful, therefore a gun does more damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: