Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Ghost Stories! (Updated with an actual story!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Ghost Stories! (Updated with an actual story!) Reply with quote

Post the kind of stories you heard as a kid, at slumber parties, or campouts or whatnot, or about the scary old house, or whatever that the kids (at least in my neighborhood) always talked about. I'd posted a story here, but the thing screwed up, and I don't want to retype it. If you've got pictures to back up the story, go ahead and post them, but don't go overboard, and warn first hand you know "Pictures" because I hate to look at those things, they scare the hell out of me. I'll post my stories a bit later.

EDIT: Anyway, there's this house in our neighborhood, in really bad shape. I mean, the whole facade's been torn off, and it's really crumpling down. Now, the reason for this is rather tragic; drunk driver goes up their walkway, thinking it's the road. Plows through the living room, killing a mother and her only child. Father comes down the stairs, takes a look at the scene, goes up to the attic and hangs himself. The cops come and haul off the bodies, condemn the building due to the massive structural damage, and tell the city to tear it down; Which they don't do because they didn't have the money, and figured a good stiff wind would knock it down for them. 30 years later, the place is still standing. Anyway, as kids, we were always told to stay clear of the place. Naturally, we were there almost every day, playing hide and seek, or whatnot. Usually things went fine, but occasionally, weird shit happened.

Firstly, right in the door way, there's two red spots on the floor, a big one and a little one, and it's ALWAYS freezing cold there. I doubt if it's blood stains, those would've been cleaned off. Whatever it is though, we tried and tried to scrub it clean, and it never came off. One day, we got brave, and me and an older girl sat down into the spots, I in the little one, her in the big one. We both got really really dizzy, and after just a minute or two, our noses simultaneously started bleeding, so we got up and never sat down there again. That was the first time we'd had anything happen, and we basically just always came in the back way from then on, and avoided the spots like the plague.

But it got worse.

One day, while I was hiding on the upper level of the place, where I knew the others wouldn't want to go, because the floor creaks, and some of the floors are crooked, I saw a shadow coming around the corner. I thought it was someone looking for me (and maybe I was right) so I hid in a closet. And then a few seconds later, I saw a figure, hanging from a rope. The rope seemed to be affixed to the ceiling, but it moved around with the body, and it's arms and legs swung wildly. It sort of had this bouncy motion to it, and the rope went up and down, sending really crazy shadows, and making the arms flail. It turned right at the closet, and I kicked the door open, and ran RIGHT THROUGH IT, and out the door. I didn't go back again, but other kids did, and once they told me something really nuts had happened, but I never got the whole story. Some of them told a little bit about going to the attic, and sitting in a chair, and then they always just got really scared and started looking around, and they'd be quiet. Completely unnerving.
Leonhart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this story about a shopping mall here in the Philippines. The owner of that mall had twins, one is a young, healthy boy, the other is a half-human and half-snake type of creature. The owner, due to the love of his twins, decided to keep the twins away from each other, to avoid someone getting hurt or eaten.

After some years, the snake boy grew up and was hungry for human flesh. The owner of the mall decided to do something horrible. It is to let his snake son live inside the mall, in a secret room that is connected to ALL the fitting rooms of the boutiques.

Now, the snake boy would watch the women fit their clothes (the mirrors in the fitting room are actually one-sided glass), and, if the snake boy likes a woman, a trap door would open and the woman would fall down to her death. That was when the snake boy would come and feast on her flesh...

This story is one of the most famous urban legends here in the country...
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a story in Bucksport (here in Maine) about a man who ordered the hanging of a 'witch'. The woman declared that she was innocent, but the man insisted she be hung. She promised to return and 'dance' on his grave. Soon after the man died a foot began to appear on the gravestone. It was cleaned off, but days later the foot appeared again. The stone was replaced three times and each time the foot reappeared.

I know it's fake but it still "happened" around here.. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bllobster.htm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are EXACTLY the kind of things I was wanting to hear. We have no kind of analog to that urban legend in the states, Leon, and that fascinates me. Jack's is also neat, the kind of local story that always gets kicked around, and these are really what I was wanting to hear. Anybody else have anything?
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you, like, a million things off of snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you could tell me something off there, if you put it in your own words, but I'm looking for more than links, and the kind of stuff that's spread around the internet. I'm looking for more local, specific things.

EDIT: I've thought of another good one around here, but I don't remember exactly how it goes, so I'm gonna have to get Michelle or someone over here to help me fill in the gaps.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one. It needs Editting. A LOT of editting. I'm sure everyone from Nebraska and the greater Omaha area knows about the place. A tale from the infamous "Ball cemetary". Coming soon.. Ish.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leonhart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Philippines is a very scary country with lots of ghost stories. I'll try my best to post some more.
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's this old abandoned farm out near here, that's completely surrounded by an ivy covered stone wall. There's old rusty barbed wire at the top, and the place is pretty spooky. You couldn't get anywhere near the place, because it was surrounded by trees, and if you even climbed to the top of the gate, dogs would come from nowhere, and kind of chase you off. Anyway, my pal Chip and I were always pretty curious about the place, because the story had it that the original owner had made a deal with the devil some 200 years ago, and they said that you could find (Kind of simplifying things here) a lake full of girls who were more than happy to serve, a cow that'd give as much milk as you had buckets to carry, and a crazy old farmer with a shotgun who had no qualms over killing you to protect it.

Chip and I had a pretty memorable night last month, sneaking in. We didn't see the girls, but we saw the Cow, and we saw the farmer. We really barely escaped with our lives, but we definitely escaped with a bucket full of milk. We got pretty damn sick after drinking the stuff too. Was it merely our suburban stomachs, used to 1% milk rebelling at this pure straight from the cow stuff, or was it something more.... sinister? YOU BE THE JUDGE.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T DRINK THAT MILK... Until it has been pasteurized, I mean. Sorry if this is breaking the thread's rules, but I had to warn you, Gizmog.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tsunamidog
banned...but not really.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My aunt and uncle moved into this new house a while back, and it turned out to be the big leader of the KKK in Ohio's old house and two years ago, he blew his brains out and still "haunts" the place. The house is creepy and stuff anyways, but last week I was over there, upstairs, and no one else was there, and I could of swarn someone was talking, but it didn't sound like anyone I knew. and and when I turned around, the door slams shut and the talking stops. So I open it and run downstairs and watch TV. Happy

Theres some urban legends in Ohio but I can't think of any now.

The Above Statement Is False
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me tell you all of a little place called "Ball". It's a cemetery located around HWY 50 near Omaha, Nebraska. Stubborn spirits patrol their plots, throwing stones, yelling curses, and coming right up face to face with any living thing that may trespass on their land. Ectoplasm orbs and human forms dash through the air. I have also heard that people have been possessed and run wildly into the cemetery without warning. People aren't allowed to trespass here for their safety. And it all began, they say, when, in the early 1900s the haunting began at a house nearby where the father of the Ball Family killed his kids and wife. The Ball family are all buried there.

I've been there only once, and what I am about to tell you is utterly awesome.

My friends and I (rather, people who worked with me at Sonic drive in back when I had that job)- Riley, Chad, Laura, Kara, and a couple of hotties we called the "scrubs", whos' names I've fogotten- pulled our cars up to the wooded walls: the tall, stringy pine trees that stood guard about 20 feet from the bent, rusted gates of "Ball" cemetary. I checked my watch and the glowing surface read 2:30 am. This is the best time to visit Ball. There is no one alive around. There is, in fact, one house close by; the place the haunting began in. The "No trespassing" sign wobbled from it's gnarly post, abused by the rebellious children who often visited this land mark and the cold wind which weaved through the trees surrounding this secluded patch of Hell. Cops are also known for checking the place to keep kids out. Arrests and fines have been made in the past, so we were on the guard more from the heat than from the evil spirits.

We took our chances and slowly shuffled across dirt and gravel, through the back end of the property to avoid being seen by the living residents. No sooner did we get up to the gates, we saw a flash shoot from the trunk of a wooly pine tree to our left to a large memorial stone that was 10 feet away from the tree. Some of us jumped back, amazed at the strange light. Chad- one of the cooks- leaned over the fence and squinted into the silent dark. That's when we heard the barking of a dog; hollow and coarse. A couple of the girls who were there started tracking back to the car, muttering something about the ghosts of the family pets. Riley and I grabbed their shirtsleeves and coaxed them to stay.

Chad shook the fence and listened to the barking before it softly died away. Then another light shot from a grave stone to another gravestone. It shot from that stone to the next, getting closer and closer to us. The light had a form; like a person; and was floting on it's heels. I was shaking with excitement, nearly having a seizure. This was the most awesome thing I had ever seen.
A booming voice shouted at us from what felt to be in front of us. It only said one word "HEY" and we all turned in circles seeing if we had been spotted by the cops. Chad was paralyzed in wonder, leaning on the fence when the human figure floated right up to his nose and stared him right in the eye, he later told me. He let out a helpless, raspy scream and we all ran back to our cars.

In our flight, invisible hands pelted us with stones. I swear that part was pure terror. Someone could have gotten hurt. Fortunately, the stones fell just before hitting any of us like they were not meant to touch us in the first place. We popped into our cars and skidded off. Riley laughed the whole way home like the ass he is and Chad, exhausted, fell fast asleep. The others went several times after this, but I was only willing to go once. Maybe I can recall some more of their stories about Ball later. This place has been an inspiration for my imagination for as long as I’ve known of it.

The gates during the day. I need to find a picture our friends took, instead of these panzy ass pictures off the internet.

---msw188 ---
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me, or is there someone in a brown suit standing right behind the gate? You've gotta squint a little, but I can kind of make it out. I actually don't wanna look at it again, for fear of what I might see.
tgfcoder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this counts as a ghost story, but..

We used to live in a really old rental house. It was built before WWII, so you can imagine it was pretty old. It had high ceilings, so that was good. At night sometimes, we usually open the windows the let the cool breeze in. The wind always howls around through the small gaps in bricks and things of the sort, and we were used to that. But one night...

It was dark. Raining, stormy.
I was alone. My parents had gone to some function or meeting. My caretaker was napping, and I was quietly watching TV. We didn't open the windows tonight.

I heard the front door creak open and I thought it was my parently sneaking in trying not to wake anyone up (must've been about 11 or so) so I rush over to the door, to find nothing there. I started out into the pitch black street for about 5 seconds, looked around, then closed the door. I was dazzled, I mean, this door was deadlocked. Unless someone had forgot to lock it.. But it doesn't stop there...

I paced back to the living room, with lights from various rooms from the hallway shining through the ajar doors. As I walked near any open door, they mysteriously shut. Soon I was in complete darkness, basically alone, not knowing where I was except from small rays of light that escaped from under the doors. As if to say I wasn't scared enough, the wind started howling at that exact moment.

I woke up my caretaker to tell her the crazy (and seemingly impossible) story, and she came up with some simple and logical explainations: When she came through the front door, my parents didn't deadloock the door, and she couldn't. (No keys.) She showed me that she'd opened some windows earlier.

I settled down and continued watching a boring late night show then pondered, The only way the wind can come in from the window would push the doors open. There were no windows open in the rooms.

I said this to her and we just looked at eachother in silence, confusion and disbelief. At that time there was a blackout, and we sat cuddled on the couch for nearly an hour, not uttering a word until my parents got home.

True story, around the September of '01; I would've been 10. We moved out in 2003 and now we live in our own (brand new) house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: