Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Help to make my backdrops with Pixia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bis_senchi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Help to make my backdrops with Pixia Reply with quote

Hello ! I make my backdrops with Pixia but when I import them the color became blurred. When I work under Pixia no problems. I first make an pxa file and them a 320*200 24 bitys bmp files.

May be that's the problem!
Thank in advance for the advice !
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "colors became blurred", do you mean this image gets fuzzy, or the colors change to something wierd? It's been I while since I've used OHR, but if it's the later, I suggest you make your images around the OHR colors. Where's that palette...:

http://machu.castleparadox.com/OHRpalette.bmp

Almost forgot I had that. I'm not sure how that program works, but in Paint, you can open this up and copy your image over it to see what colors work, I think.
[*]Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing
Artharol
Procedural Nutcase

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Hi. Reply with quote

Before switching programs or anything, I'd suggest reimporting the backdrop(s) with all colours on the palette omitted, except for just those ones you explicitly want to come through. Sometimes I've reimported the same backdrop, like eight times, lol, just to get the colours the way I want in the OHR.
bis_senchi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Well it seems that... Reply with quote

Hum hum... It seems that my problem comes from the choose of the colors. Could somoene give some tips to notice that the colors are not the one in custom and how can I be sure that I am not using too many colors.

thanks in advance for the help !
Mike Caron
Technomancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I do (bearing in mind that I work in Photoshop) is to Index my picture beforehand with one of the OHR Palette files you can download from the OHR home page. Then, set it back to RGB, and voila! A 24-bit image that uses exactly the colours that the OHR does.

Final Fantasy Q
OHR Developer BLOG
Official OHRRPGCE Wiki and FAQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: