Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Leroy's Art bomb part 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Leroy's Art bomb part 1 Reply with quote

"You dare to treat me like some common, slobbering Mongrel. It is you who are the dog. Kneel at my side and be loyal, or you will be put down!"

A VERY rough draft illustration for the band I should start when I become even more awesome. It contains one really pissed off "soul charger" and a strange tree made from Human flesh.

Moving on...

NOW FOR SOME NINJAS. HOLLAH!

I sorta like this one... The least.

For those of you who aren't Japanese freaks, Yuki is "Snow".

This was originally just some evil spirit, but it can be a Ninja too. Happy

Notice that he is wielding bells? This was intended for Jazz man's "Bell Ninja's" thing. It's incredibly late and grand scale, though. I'd rather like to make a face with a bell coming across it, or something.

And the coup d'gras (however it's spelled)

Funny thing about Ninjas... I don't find a back ground story to be necessary. One can tell what their lives must be like just by looking at them.

VICTOLY!!! http://www.geocities.com/taru_taurus/Music/LegendsOfNatrah/AVictory1.mid VICTOLY!!!

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that must be some of your best art ever. The last one looks like he's burning his leg though. The figures are brilliant in most of them.

I think that "Yuki" looks pretty cool. Can't really make out what it is though.

The face in the first is done very well. The tree looks really cool too.

The Evil Spirit ninja with the huge pants is really cool. Its brilliant infact.

More... More...

2nd Edition out now!
Orion
Sick of the shit I gotta deal with

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really, like the first drawing. He looks very realistic and scary. When I showed this to Sparrowhawk, she screamed!

Damn fine job Leroy! I'd love to see more.

LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From now on, every 2 comments or so == 1 new post with art and responses from me. If comments >= 2, then Art + responses == happy happy pants for Shawn.

Kahn: Thank you, first of all. About Yuki, I agree. He is very very hard to see. Why the strange look for me? Have I offended thee?
I sort of thought the eyes on the "sould charger" were a little off. The tree's nostrils look more convex than concave. And the ninja spirit with big pants does rule. Someone said that it resembles DBZ style (must be the spikey lookin' hair) and big pants are definitely IT. I calls em' HONETS.

Orion: Thanks for scaring Sparrow for me. I was going to do it personally, but you really saved me the trouble. There will now be more art...

This... Monstrocity... Is a very twisted concept.

The Notme is often the scapegoat for wrong doings. If a small child does not admit that they did something and blame "Notme" exactly six hundred and sixteesix times, this fiend will abduct the child and teach he/r manners the hard way. In recent times, children have been eaten as well... Notme will strip off their skin, dry it, and devour it like rough jerky.

Notme says, "Your screams... Are the most beautiful dinner music."

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "

Last edited by LeRoy_Leo on Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, quite disturbing artwork, LeRoy. But good show! Good show, lad.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This art is really looking quite professional.

The leg and proportions are brilliant. I quite like the story behind him too {He-he-he ~lelelele - I like scaring little children}

2nd Edition out now!
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Orion: Thanks for scaring Sparrow for me. I was going to do it personally, but you really saved me the trouble.

You were going to what?! Really confused
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Zombie Hunter Green
Keeps on picking the Rayon Launcher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really need to work on hands.
cabbageking
...worships at your feet!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely lovely lovely stuff right here. I really like the Notme (and the helpfully labelled "flesh"). Extremly good figurative work and good shading and what not. Wish I could draw half as good as that! How long do they take you to draw?
It is the Riz
Save the pretty people!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some good stuff here, Jazz. The first picture really frightens me, and isn't my type of thing. I love the hyper-stylized ninja with big pants. The last pic has good shading, although something about the proportions really urks me. However, I'm glad to see more and more people posting artwork lately. We need it!

I think I'm gonna go smoke or something... Smokin'

I love people who post sarcastic messages except in their own game post.
Velduanga
I heard there were bagels here...

Location: A town away from White Owl, I kid you not, unless he moved.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Very disturbing. You never see good charcoal style stuff anymore, do we. Not bad though. I like how you gave Yuki the 'name doesnt match the face' look. Just to check, did you mean 'triple' (3)?

"If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice"-Tom Clancy
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mail time!!!

Setu: Thank you, friend. It IS going to be a good show. Happy

Kahn: I dunno' 'bout professional quite yet. And poses are so fun to draw, too. I like making active poses more than standing poses. Rock on, man.

Sparrow: ...Scare you. :3

ZHG (Hunter): I agree. I will continue working on hands, among other things. My art is FAR from what I desire it to be.

CK: Thank you, man. It takes me around 30 to 40 minutes. Once I start, it's hard to stop. In fact, it's better if I just don't stop, because I might end up never finishing it. Basically, all of my unfinished work gets swept away in a tidal wave of responsibility.

Riz: Glad to be of service. The proportions Irk me too, bud. As a spirit, he really was never meant to be realistically proportional (I think that makes it look unnatural/mysterious), but I think I see what you mean. I will be less hap-hazard next time.

Veld: Woa. It's Veld. Big grin
To answer your question, no. I meant snow, because of his ice blades (which are a little too dark, I appologize) and the fact that he is totally wrapped in a scarf. Plus I put little puffs of snow in the air around him. If it's hard to tell, then I have failed. Ha ha ha! Thanks for your comment. Much gusto.

Gentlemen... BEHOLD!.. COLOR!

The bow-legged stance was what I was trying for here, fyi. I reckon if someone took a person's flesh and eyes off, they would be pretty tender and unable to stand very well. Hence the strange pose.
Definitely not the most "OMG ROXORZ ME" thing in the world. Crayons are definitely not a base I would want to use again any time soon (too slppy at the moment).

---msw188 ---
Orion
Sick of the shit I gotta deal with

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, that is creepy. It freaked me out!

Good work.

I agree. Crayons suck!

Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
Sparrow: ...Scare you. :3

Well, you did with that drawing. Brr... Really confused
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Ssalamanderr
Simply too strong. Simply too beautiful!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really good Leroy, great shading. You really need to work on proportions though. That first ninja has a head way to big for his body. I think my favourite is the triple black belt. Keep up the good work.

Ukelele no good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: