Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Midnight Rescue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Midnight Rescue Reply with quote

This is my game. I would really appriciate if it were credited to me so I could edit it.
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd have to say it was interesting game, for one that played for about 20 minutes. It wasn't very difficult, and it was a little fun too. Perhaps more could be added to it?
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called PM/e-mail.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really PIcaRDMPC? Neither the plot, characters or gameplay made any sense to me. Then again, it's old. (It has to be, since he's had games like Kidworld 2 added since then). And he can't add more to it until it's registered as his (I'm pretty sure he did, otherwise why would he be asking?). But still, like MCW said, this is the sort of thing that could be solved through a PM or something.

EDIT: And Link, your 'FF1 Door' script is buggy. I've made things like that before, and it won't work if the only npc is on the door when you use it like that. (Walk onto it and turn left or right, it will mess it up one way or the other, so the ceiling npcs are up when you try to go in or they are down when you leave.) You could rectify it by making the script do nothing when you turn left or right (a simple 'hero direction' check will solve that), or you could take the long way and have a step-on npc just below the door that puts up the roof, and have the roof npcs set to 'touch' and trigger a script that takes off the roof npcs and forces you to walk up a space. The longer way actually ends up looking better (if you want to get really picky), but that's up to you.
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I say it was interesting only because I downloaded and played it to kill some time while I was waiting for something else. It's basically just about some guy who goes and rescues his kidnapped girlfriend, saves her, and, along with her, beats up the guy who kidnapped her.

And yeah, PM/E-mail would be the way to go for this.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see an FF1 Door Script as an accomplishment. What would surprise me would be a DW Door Script, man. Seriously, it'd take a LOT of NPCs to make the "ceiling swirl of tiles". Oy, sounds.. hard.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a simple plotscript that most of know how to do, of course, but it might be helpful to some people who haven't used the OHR before.

And I wasn't being literal when I said I didn't understand it, PIcaRDMPC, it wasn't that the plot made no sense, it was that it made no 'common' sense, if that in itself makes any sense. Let me explain. The character is EMOTIONLESS. His girlfriend was kidnapped, and instead of worrying about her safety or even acting surprised, his response is pretty much "Wow, that's weird, but it doesn't really bother me. It must be someone from my school, although that is a totally unbased theory with no basis in logic..." and it goes on like that. He says to get his BB Gun, but when you go to the nightstand nothing is added to your inventory or equipment. His house opens into Central Park. Next to the fountain there is a guy that jumps out at you, that you can't see, that just says some nonsense. And the gameplay is unfairly biased towards the player. Not to mention the enemies are these 'thugs' who have no reason to be there. Are they henchman of the 'big bad guy?' Or do they just have nothing better to do than harass you? I also quit rather than try to figure out which of the however many paths I was supposed to go through to progress through the game.

And THAT is what I meant. I'm also NOT being overcritical. Kidworld 2 has its quirks, but it's MUCH better than Midnight Rescue.
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Well, I guess there's that review that I kept trying to get back when Op:OHR was still around. Amen.
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly have to agree with you on those points Blazes. I just mistunderstood what you meant at first. Oookay...
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, a DW door style script sounds cool, but it'd be time/memory consuming with the script. So much as to make it not worth it unless you were making a DW OHR remake.

*winks* that was a hint...but I'm too lazy to do it!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.

I asked Fenrir how Dragon Quest H was coming. His response was:
Huh?
Heh, poor Fen. Raspberry!
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MCW. How's Diamond Eclipse coming along? :flamedevil:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: