Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

528 Hour Contest Voting.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choices.... considering I didn't like two of them at all since they couldn't hold my attention long enough to get into them.

Simulation

1. Deer Hunter Xtreem. Because blowing the crap out of things is amusing.
2. Smokey McGoo. Glitchy, but I felt for a bit like I was playing the old Willow Game on the NES. Zelda script my foot, that's Willow.
3. I honestly can't decide. I'll have to say that OHR Date better simulates something than Project C, so I'll stick with OHR Date.

Enjoyment

1. Deer Hunter Xtreem. Mostly because it's short, only lasts roughly 3 minutes and sort of keeps track of your score. If only I could find that last deer before time ran out. Again, blowing things up fills me with a primal kind of joy. Also if you don't know who Hunter and Tim are, half the humor flows down the drain.
2. This is the real toss up, since I didn't have very much enjoyment out of the remaining 3. Smokey mcGoo managed to keep me playing longer than OHR Date and Project C combined, which is a BAD THING. Like I told PHC, I play games to have fun, and if I'm not having fun, it's not worth playing to me. Smokey Takes 2nd, if only because I played it longer.
3. Project C. Again, the point that I played it longer than OHR Date.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bugs will consume us all.

Simulation
1. OHR Date
2. Deer Hunter
3. ... I dunno... maybe Smokey McGoo.

Enjoyment
1. Deer Hunter (it wasn't particularly enjoyable, but it was short enough that it didn't matter)
2. Project C (it was somewhat interesting to look at for a little while)
3. OHR Date (it wasn't as buggy as the two remaining entries)
Mr B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Nyte wrote:
OHRDate - Nothing like bribing girls for sex with my mad DDR skills.

You keep your hands off of Julia, understand? She's too good for the likes of you. Pissed off!

As for me, I can't vote for OHRDate because I supplied a couple of tiles (and some plotscripting consulting). I haven't played any of the others, so I guess I can't vote at all. But...we'll see.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, question regarding this, Mr. B drew the road tilemaps, but it was like...3 years ago and I edited them all for my liking anyway. Would you still like him to vote, out of fairness? I'd not want to cheat, though the fact that the tilemaps have been quite altered/redrawn/edited etc they are basically mine now (ha ha Mr. B Raspberry!). But, yeah, I'm sure he'd be willing to vote if you felt that much contribution made him a participant.

As for plotscripting counsoling...he...uh....told me that the "wait for text box" command existed. Big grin But he never did any coding any, so...yeah. Whatever you say, MCW, you are the contest master. Smokin'
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote anyways.
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting time.
SIMULATION:

1. OHR Date - A dating sim . . . who'da thunk it.
2. Project 'C' - Nice bit of survival horror type stuff. Simulates a flashlight nicely.
3. OHRadius - umm . . . simulates ship-flying?

ENJOYMENT:

1. OHR Date - one of the few OHR games that I actually enjoy playing.
2. OHRadius - pretty damn good for a shooter on the OHR
3. Smokey McGoos Grand Adventure - the lag was quite annoying, but the game had a nice atmosphere and thus was enjoyable.

Congrats, Shadowiii. Superb game you've made there.
Mr B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii wrote:
Oh yes, question regarding this, Mr. B drew the road tilemaps, but it was like...3 years ago and I edited them all for my liking anyway. Would you still like him to vote, out of fairness? I'd not want to cheat, though the fact that the tilemaps have been quite altered/redrawn/edited etc they are basically mine now (ha ha Mr. B Raspberry!). But, yeah, I'm sure he'd be willing to vote if you felt that much contribution made him a participant.

As for plotscripting counsoling...he...uh....told me that the "wait for text box" command existed. Big grin But he never did any coding any, so...yeah. Whatever you say, MCW, you are the contest master. Smokin'

I was looking over the tiles and thinking how wonderful they looked and how proud I was to have made them. But I guess it's because you edited, them, eh? Alas, poor Ego; I fed it over-well. Raspberry!

But I won't be able to vote anyhows. I would need to play all of the games before casting votes, and I can't.

Although...
I played a little of Project C last night, and I must say it was spectacular. It wasn't too much fun to play, but I was completely amazed by what had been accomplished with the scripts. It would have been just perfect if I could have walked faster...though the slow speed did add to the atmosphere of the game. Um yeah. Congrats to whoever worked on Project C.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, its time for me to vote. I've also decided against suddenly releasing my game 2 hours before the end of the voting period.

Simulation:
1. Project 'C'
2. OHR Date
3. Deer Hunter

Enjoyment:
1. OHR Date
2. SmokeyMcGoo's Grand Adventure
3. Project 'C'

Comments/Mini review for each game:

Project 'C': Once I realised what it simulated, I couldn't help but marvel at how well its done. My hats off to you, whoever coded it. Coincidentially, I was (about a year ago) going to code something *very* similiar to this. But you outdid me with different levels of light. Quite fun, but frustrating after a while (mostly due to losing progress due to bugs ==>). There are some nasty bugs that may freeze your game when you change floors or get to a save point.

OHR Date - I played this for hours, until my points for someone overflowed and went negative. Then I got pissed off and stopped playing. Also, it may be that I only tried twice, but I couldn't figure out what the special event during a date was. Oh well, I'll get back to this later.

SmokeyMcGoo's Grand Adventure - Fun, almost bugless, and running at normal OHR engine speed. Perfect characteristics of of any plotscripted battle engine. But after attempting the the last stage in the minigame for what must have been the 80th time, I gave up. Unfortunitly, it doesn't actually simulate anything.

Deer Hunter Xtreme: Great intro.. Shooting deers with bazookas is cool, but theres not very much to do... At least I can't find any bugs. I think it needs more animals, and, like has been suggested, more maps.

OHRadius: This games doesn't really simulate anything either. It's somewhat fun for a while, unfortunitly the enemies are pointless, except for gaining points, and its rather buggy. The first 2 or 3 times I got to level 2 a bug kicked in which prevented me from moved horizontally and vertically, only diagonally, which made the level unbeatable. 90% of the time my ship was not aligned by tile, so I could not tell whether I would crash into upcoming walls.
Pictoyaya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simulation
1. OHR Date
2. OHRadius
3. Deer Hunter

Enjoyment
1. Deer Hunter
2. OHRadius
3. Smokey McGoos Grand Adventure
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey these are the votes from the music man in my group. DW.
Simulation:
-Deer Hunter XTReeme
-OHRDate
-OHRraidus

Enjoyment:
-OHRradius
-Deer Hunter XTreeme
-OHRDate
BenjI
the assless

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simulation:
1. Deer Hunter Xtreme
2. OHRradius
3. OHRDate

Enjoyment:
1. Deer Hunter Xtreme
2. OHRradius
3. OHRDate
SDHawk
Silent One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simulation:
1. OHRdate
2. Deer Hunter Xtreme
3. OHRadius (It's a tossup between this and smokey, as they both simulated nothing. And no, I don't consider emulating other games a simulation.)

Enjoyment:

1. OHRdate (I really didn't like it that much, but it is better than the others)
2. Deer Hunter Xtreme (the intro is amusing, the game isn't)
3. OHRadius (Buggy as feck (I've played the first level 4 times now, when I get to the boss where it has a text box it locks up the movement and refuses to advance the box), horrible movement, and generally unfun. Some pixel-based movement would help, for starters.)

Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I change my vote? Now that I know what Project C simulates, I (like most others) want to alter that catagory oh so slightly. I also finished playing through all the games again, so...here are my votes redone.

1. Deer Hunter Extreme (still most obvious and best simulation)
2. Project C (the only other one that simulated, the other two emulated)
3. Toss up...OHRadius and McGoo...both emulate well, but I can't honestly pick. But if I'd have to choose, I'd say OHRadius simulates better (sorry RMZ and co Raspberry!)

Yeah, sorry for the conflict. If I'm not allowed to alter...eh.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowiii, I already did the writing, and I'm not changing the votes due to laziness.
and Sew, I NEED YOUR VOTE OR OMFG MENOS DIEZ.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and let's not forget Setu's vote. He's a clear member of the Project C team. My music dude voted too.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: