Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

A Modest Proposal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stanislaw
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: A Modest Proposal? Reply with quote

Just a thought... what I'm suggesting is a "Contests" board. It will (probably, and most likely) be a small board, but all the posts there will related to contests the CP community supports.

I only make this suggestion because it will give the community a nice summary of all the contests we host, and perhaps offer a little more encouragement for people to participate in them.

What do you think?
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay before you deleted your thread and I got the horrible "Sorry but only can reply to posts in this forum", think I said something about how I see no errors with this forum unless lots of people decide to make contests every two seconds.
Stanislaw
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies to MCW for deleating my previous post. I first posted this topic on the wrong forum.

Anyway, like I said, it will be a small forum. Moderaters will probably have to keep a close eye on what kind of contests should be kept posted...

Then again, if that were so, people will start complaining that their contests aren't being posted and their contests will have to gain the approval of admins... maybe that's bad.

Perhaps the "Contests" forum should contain only posts that have been "moved". Thus you can't post new topics in that forum (you will have to first post your contest idea on another forum) and if the admin likes it, they can move it. That way it will have the best of both worlds.

Of course, can such a system actually work? That is subject to debate.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself, I don't think it's necessary, as contests don't come THAT often; there have just been a large number of them recently, and that happens about once every year and a half. If the recent abundancy of contests continues, then I can see a contest board happening, but for now I don't think we really need it. Perhaps this would be better served as a poll thread so everyone can vote on the issue?
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps another Forum was maybe excessive. I've heard some people say that CP is a little Forum based... so maybe CP should host a 'Contests' section that's regularily updated? Reports on progresses of contests and such. That way we also will have semi-permanent archive records of contests that is much easier to access, since once a contest is over it is usually buried underneith new posts.
NinjaCrusader
Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps said forum could hold not only for contest listings but also any and all contest-related posts: entrance details, game status posts, rule alterations, and countdowns would all take their place here. This is not to say that such a forum should supplant email or any other more direct communication, but to suggest that in a list format, such things my grow more easy to manage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was impiled, as current contest hreads do that too.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but he meant in their own individual threads.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?!

PS: This idea ROCKS! Please! What is one more forum gunna hurt anyway.
Happy Our friend here has come up with enough reasons for it, and they are fairly... reasonable. yes. Who's with me?

PPS: We have been having a lot of contests, and I like to revisit them later to double check things, see what was done again, and see any late breaking news that should appear later on when the contest is over that I might miss if the thread is burried. Howeve, this may not happen too often, I guess. The idea is up in the air...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: