Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Yellow_Man is a pathetic cheater.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Yellow_Man is a pathetic cheater. Reply with quote

He was already walking on thin ice with his illegal BAM complilation .rpg file, but his next act was simply too stupid to believe. Yellow_Man had a few other games on the gamelist, two of which were called, "Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Mysteries" and Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Rumors". Fenrir did a review of the Mysteries title, and it turns out that it wasn't a game at all, but Yellow_Man begging for help to get through a game that's older then he is. Or least older then how's he acts. Anyway, both of his Zelda games had rather high download counts, 200 for Mysteries and almost 150 for Rumors. I did a quick check of our stats page, thinking he had perhaps linked the heck out of his games at Zelda fansites and the like, but no.

Yellow_Man is a dumbass who thought he could get away with cheating the gamelist. He downloaded his own games HUNDREDS of times to get it on the Top 5, and for this bullshit, I have removed his games from the list. Sadly, this also means removing Fenrir's review of said game. So here's your first and last warning, Yellow. You put one more damn toe out of line, and I'm banning you. Got it? Good.

Now, I've merely removed the games from the list. Yellow_Man is still free to post and make an ass out of himself. Here's the question I pose to all of you other Castle Paradox patrons. What would you do with someone like Yellow? He clearly cheated, is painfully stupid for doing it the way he did, and has all the logic skills of a retarded circus ape. I really wanted to ban him right off the bat for his crime, but I held off, even though I don't want him in a community like ours. How would you punish Yellow, if you were in my shoes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's his first offense, I say we give him a stern warning and a probation person.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably do what you're doing. Just watch him for any further idiocy.

Ok, now seriously, he had trouble getting through Ocarina of Time? How is that possible?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use a little common sense.

Yellow-Man's games have been on the gamelist for quite some time. They've also got names that strike curiosity and interest. "Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Mysteries" and "Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Rumors."

Had Yellow-Man been purposely downloading his own game to get the download count up...then TSS, Bomberman, and Zelda Mysteries wouldn't have been battling it out for the #5 spot for the past 2 weeks or so...

FFH is an obvious #1 spot...Fenrir has done alot of advertising and search engines sure do help Ha ha ha!

Fen's advertising is also responsible for TSS's high hit count...but what of Bomberman and Zelda?

Yes...there are only a few keyword searches with Bomberman and Zelda on the stats page, but there are a hell of alot of hamsterrepublic links...and guess what...both games are linked on Hamsterrepublic's game list. In fact....almost all games with links from hamsterrepublic to their castleparadox entry have high download counts.

If Zelda's download count isn't justified, how do you justify Bomberman's??

Last edited by Inferior Minion on Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Velduanga
I heard there were bagels here...

Location: A town away from White Owl, I kid you not, unless he moved.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm being too harsh or pointless please warn me, cuz I feel I need to vent about this kind of tomfoolery.(start verbal bludgeoning) Judging by his actions warning and banning him are too complex a concept for him. I think YM is seriously disturbed, or just that friggin stupid. Has anyone ever tried the actual Yellow Man games? I start playing Yellow Man 3 and it made my computer CRASH! LITERALLY! And have this person never heard of Gamefaqs.com? Its been around since '95. He doesn't need punishment he needs an intervention.

"If it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice"-Tom Clancy
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just needs to grow up.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of unusually high download counts, has anyone looked at LoganQuest or Logan's Adventures (I can't remember which one!)?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*COUGH*HAMSTERREPUBLIC GAMELIST ENTRY*COUGH*
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM's probably right. People saw "Zelda" in the title and they didn't know that it wasn't really a game, so they wouldn't know not to download it (though you'd think if that many people other than Yellow_Man downloaded it a cautionary review would have appeared sooner). However, regardless of whether or not he did all the downloading himself, he still uploaded this crap to the gamelist, which still warrants it's deletion.
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setu: It's Logan's adventures. Loganquest never existed.
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People downloaded Logan's Adventures probably after they got tired of Logan's "Pleeeeeeease dl this"'s just to see what it was that he was so proud of. Then they probably went and stabbed their eyes out (as I almost did) when they realized that the game has no real reason for existing and should be destroyed, along with the gamelist entries for Loganquest and Spiderman-Revenge of the Goblins. He's not going to finish them anyway.
And yes, Yellow Man's bullshit Zelda "games" were rather inane and stupid and shouldn't have been uploaded or considered in the first place. I'm sorry about being rather harsh, but people like YM and LogHeckTech need to realize that no one wants to download useless, stupid, content-lacking files.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior Minion wrote:
FFH is an obvious #1 spot...Fenrir has done alot of advertising and search engines sure do help Ha ha ha!

Well, most people advertised for me...

As for those other pieces of shit gems of mine, FFR (FFH's evil twin brother) has an unusually high download rating considering its CRAP. Curse Google.com, Curse them all.

And I actually like the fact that TS1, Bomberman, and something else have been duking it out for weeks (although TS1 isn't on the hamsterrepublic gamelist). Granted, you won't see the top two or three dethroned for a VERY long time, but #5's up for grabs.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were in your shoes CN....hehehehe. Well all kidding aside. I would suspend his membership for a certain amount of time as a warning, like how you get in a fight at school and you generally get suspended. And after a certain amounts of fights you get expelled. Try using this approach. It might just teach the cheating bastard a lesson. And to click your games just to make the count go up is sad, I don't about other game makers out there, but I like to earn what I get, even if what I submit is a piece of crap to some people. But I really think you should provoke his membership for a while, and if he acts that way when you let him come back, then ban him. Those are just my thoughts anyways. Good luck with your descion CN... Just go easy on the poor bastard.
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my golly. That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you forgot about Sew being a Laddies' Man and having a girlfriend.. in other words, a few pillows.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: