Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Vandal Caves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Vandal Caves Reply with quote

I finally got my scanner working, so I decided to put my art up for display on the internet. But as fate would have it, my stupid floppy disk screwed up and I was only able to save one picture. You can see it here.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want my honest opinion?

Even though some people might flame you, I could never even draw like THAT on paper. That's how badly I suck!

I used to make comic books as a kid, and my guns would always look like macaroni noodles. It was hilarious. But your pic looks pretty good.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It looked better before I scanned it, though. Lost some of the color. Glad to know that someone out there cares to look at my art.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. Needs work (you knew I'd say this). The coloring is a bit obsure too...there is little or no shading. However, the character's hands look fine, which is a very difficult thing to draw, so I think you have some potential. Question: How old are you?

Keep it up. Get some art books (not as an insult; they really help). Keep showing us your work. Smokin'
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, it lost a bunch of color when I scanned it. I really don't shade much, but I guess I should. To answer your question, I'm 14.

I'll be sure to get some art books aside from the cartooning books I already own.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A site you may be interested in:

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial/tutorial.html

It's helped me a lot. Well, I still suck. A lot. But I'm eons ahead of where I began.
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has definite potential. Already, your style shines through with the oversized feet and feline eyes. With more experience, you will have technique that justifies your style. Remember that style and imagination can make up for bad technique, but great technique will never make up for lack of imagination and bad style. Your style is personal and interesting, I look forward to more work from you.

Furthermore, I commend your bravery that you keep creating games and artwork and showing them here. It would definitely be too bad if you gave up because of some bad reviews. I'm glad you find this place worthy of your time.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..*sniff*..lI don't think I've ever been so flattered...*wipes tear from eye*
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fine picture, but I found two problems. His right forearm doesn't seem proportional, which is just my personal opinion; it may not be a real problem at all, just an example of my perfectionism. However, the blobby tail just doesn't work... It just doesn't strike me as how a tail should look...

Nonetheless, 'tis stil a fine picture. The sword looks quite interesting: large, yet well weighted, something most people don't think about.

Keep the pictures coming. You obviously have some talent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: