Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Round 3 - Over
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djfenix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Round 3 - Over Reply with quote

Because of the update, nobody could upload their game (i couldn't even get on CP at all). So i guess you can think of it as an extension.

Anyways, post your entries here!
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well I really hope I'm not the only one who did this, cause I busted my ass to get this done on time. But here it is, Final Fantasy VII OHR. If people like it, I might add more stuff to it.

http://castleparadox.com/cgi-bin/gamelist-display.php?game=848
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedMaverickZero wrote:
Alright, well I really hope I'm not the only one who did this, cause I busted my ass to get this done on time. But here it is, Final Fantasy VII OHR. If people like it, I might add more stuff to it.

http://castleparadox.com/cgi-bin/gamelist-display.php?game=848

I completely forgot about the cgi-bin folder links to the gamelist Raspberry!

I loaded up that page and thought something had screwed up during my upgrade which broke the gamelist pages! Glad the upload worked, though. Again, sorry about the untimely downtime.
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The expand/hide buttons no longer work on the download pages (e.g. Download Stats).
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moogle1 wrote:
The expand/hide buttons no longer work on the download pages (e.g. Download Stats).

No, they do. RMZ is just linking to an obsolete page which still interacts with the database properly.

Check out http://castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=848
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior Minion wrote:
Moogle1 wrote:

No, they do. RMZ is just linking to an obsolete page which still interacts with the database properly.

Has the url I should be mirroring at http://mirror.motherhamster.org/ changed?
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Paige wrote:
Inferior Minion wrote:
Moogle1 wrote:

Has the url I should be mirroring at http://mirror.motherhamster.org/ changed?

Not at all. I did not upgrade any of CP's codebase. This weekend's upgrade was hardware and OS related. cgi-bin is simply another copy of phpBB, pointing to the same database, and is remnant from when I was first setting up CP and new nothing about how a webserver worked. The link RMZ used is from the old layout, before all the modifications were extracted from phpBB's codebase. I left it there because there are still sites which link to those pages (I could throw in a redirect, but just haven't done so), but I didn't think people still used those links.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is related, but for the past couple of days I have not been able to look at the journals. Clicking on the All Journals link gives the following piece of fugly fun times:

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 't.journal_id' in 'on clause'

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time, games.game_name, users.username AS user_journal_name, games.auth_view AS game_auth_view, games.auth_read AS game_auth_read, users.auth_view AS user_auth_view, users.auth_read AS user_auth_read FROM journal_topics t, phpbb_users u, journal_posts p, journal_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 LEFT OUTER JOIN gamelist games ON games.game_id = - t.journal_id LEFT OUTER JOIN phpbb_users users ON users.user_id = t.journal_id WHERE t.journal_id NOT IN (318, 771) AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 50

Line : 468
File : viewjournal.php

This website link is for my funk/rock band, Euphonic Brew:
www.euphonicbrew.com
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msw188 wrote:
Not sure if this is related, but for the past couple of days I have not been able to look at the journals. Clicking on the All Journals link gives the following piece of fugly fun times:

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 't.journal_id' in 'on clause'

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time, games.game_name, users.username AS user_journal_name, games.auth_view AS game_auth_view, games.auth_read AS game_auth_read, users.auth_view AS user_auth_view, users.auth_read AS user_auth_read FROM journal_topics t, phpbb_users u, journal_posts p, journal_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 LEFT OUTER JOIN gamelist games ON games.game_id = - t.journal_id LEFT OUTER JOIN phpbb_users users ON users.user_id = t.journal_id WHERE t.journal_id NOT IN (318, 771) AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 50

Line : 468
File : viewjournal.php

Thanks for letting me know. It seems MySQL 5 is a bit more picky on the syntax and code that used to work in 4 is now broken. I've fixed up as many errors as I could find. Let me know if you come across any more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, FF7ohr is getting quite a bit of downloads considering I have had some games up for a year and they don't even break a 100. Wow. People must really like the game, or it's because it says Final Fantasy VII. One of the two right?
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedMaverickZero wrote:
I must say, FF7ohr is getting quite a bit of downloads considering I have had some games up for a year and they don't even break a 100. Wow. People must really like the game, or it's because it says Final Fantasy VII. One of the two right?

Probably the later.
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what are you trying to say, that my game is crap or something, ha.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedMaverickZero wrote:
Wow, what are you trying to say, that my game is crap or something, ha.

Never crossed my mind. If you name your game something that everyone knows, no matter how bad it is, its still going to get downloads. Heck, look at pokemon war, it got over 100 downloads.

edit: 202 to be precise.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone can make a game so good that it would make me want to download it twice. Neutral
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know, I was being sarcastic. FFH is pretty much a living example of that, and dispite how good it is, I think the majority of it's popularity is because it has the name Final Fantasy in it. Fen knows this too, I'm sure. That was one reason why I chose this for my 48 Hour Entry, is because I knew even if it sucked (which I don't think it does, it's pretty damn fun in my opinion) it would still get some attention in the eyes of outsiders. Haha.

And yeah, I agree with you TH, why the hell would you download the same thing twice unless you lost it or it was an update? Sheesh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: