Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Great Games Experiment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rinku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Great Games Experiment Reply with quote

Just for those of you who don't know about it, I recommend joining http://greatgamesexperiment.com and putting your game up there. It's a social networking site for independent game developers, and a good way to expand the audience of your games. If you do have an account there and want to friend me, my account's at http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/user/RinkuHero

Also, if we get enough Ohrrpgce users there we could start a group for the Ohrrpgce. It requires an invite code to join unfortunately, but you usually can get a code by submitting your name in the blank space on the main page, or asking someone who has an extra code to give you one (I used up all of mine, on Fyre, Moogle1, SDHawk, Longetech, and Aeth, so ask them for an invite code if you can't get in through the main page and want to join.).
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should get an account so that I can see user's pages.
J.A.R.S.
In umbram deo, ex nihilo...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't se anything at all without an invite eh... I'd be interested. Is it like gamedev.com?
Rinku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually more like Castle Paradox mixed with MySpace than it is like GameDev.net.
J.A.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still interested. Gamedev is good to get advice and all, but it's not exactly the dynamic im striving for if you see what i mean?
LongeBane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what is the dynamic you are striving for, if you, and only IF you know what I mean?
J.A.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamedev is very formal. It's very good to have a look around and read, and ask people, or answer people, but as far as it goes community-wise, it is a lot more serious than here. I don't think all indie game making should be that serious, though I agree that most people at gamedev come up with games that are outclassing most ohr games. I guess the main idea here is that people use ohr for their own fun too. I'm certain there is fun too at gamedev, but its not much of a community else than a place of gathering. The difference is slight, communitas (latin) is not only the people that form a community, but their interactions between them, unspoken rules, etc etc, basically, customs. Most of the people on gamedev will remain strangers to one another. I don't think we can say as much here. It's far from a complain, because both serve very different purposes, and I use both personally. But the site Rinku promoted seems interesting, at least to me.
Rinku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should note that this site isn't a "forum", it's more of a place where you create a profile for you and for your games, add friends to your friends list, leave comments, review games, rate games, etc. -- gamedev.net is a forum, so it's a different type of thing.

I created a group for Ohrrpgce users: http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/group/ohrrpgce
J.A.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize we cannot access this link right?
And um, I think a kind of myspace or bebo that is project oriented has a lot of potential. This said, I've never been a fan of what myspace became though, I just don't personally use it.
Rinku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who have accounts can access it. Just take it as your personal quest to acquire an invite code, and sooner or later you'll have access.
J.A.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but those with an account you can contact over there to tell them there IS a group, while clearly you were advertising the site over here.
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.A.R.S. wrote:
Yeah, but those with an account you can contact over there to tell them there IS a group, while clearly you were advertising the site over here.

Well, since this IS an OHR site, it would clearly be the RIGHT thing to DO.

I'm interested, someone send me a code.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i meant is im just dying to see whats on that link, aint fair to get me dribbling and all... Sad...
Rinku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to become open to everyone in March anyway, it's just in beta right now.
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doo doo doo...
Uh, what can I do now that I've signed up?

[edit] o.0 How is it that you have 1091 times the experience points that I have?

Last edited by TwinHamster on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: