Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Writing your story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Writing your story Reply with quote

How do you guys plan your storylines?

I script it out in a giant book first so it's easier to just type it up in the OHR. I remember I used to write up my stories as I went...not good mix with me...

Last edited by RPGrealm5 on Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me? I've not been much for outlines, but I'm rethinking that; my KH fanfic novel hasn't gone to well due to a lack of outline, and I'm still nowhere near finished with it. But my newest story, and original one for the Isometric game, I haven't done a full outline yet, but I have the basic idea down, so I'll see how it goes from there.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has their own way of writing their stories. I won't say anyone should do it the way I do, because actually I have some sort of creative gift to where I never run out of ideas, and when I do, I can always be re-inspired by watching anime or listening to music.

What I do is get the idea, talk it over with Chaz (it is always good to put your head together with someone elses, because even though your story might not turn out the way you originally planned it, it will always turn out better), then I write it down, so I don't forget. Then, I outline it for a game.
1) I make a compressed outline, which consists of the major events that take place throughout the story, and then I take that and make a
2) Decompressed outline, which has the major events as key points, and then I list smaller dumb events that get you from that point to the next (even though I always leave room open to add or take away).

That's just the way I do it!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first I get an idea for a story. This idea could come at any time, usually while doing something totally unrelated to the idea in any way.

Second, I decide what it's going to be, a game or a story.

Next, I figure out the end and the beginning (in either order).

If that works out, I script out some of the major plot points in my mind, and I give the characters some personality. If it's a game and I'm not currently working on anything then I've started designing it by now.

Basically after that I try to incorporate any other idea I get into the story. If not then I'll just keep that idea on hold until I can work on it. Any minor plot points will be thought up as I go along.

Then, if it's a story, I start writing, and if it's a game, I'm already working on it.

I've never done any outlining, I just keep it all in my head.
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on. Let's get more replies in here. I want to know what you think, so tell me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: