Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

OHR Mario Party?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a good idea?
Yeah, I guess.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Not really.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe, but you'd have to put a lot of work into it
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
*Pokes Orion*
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: OHR Mario Party? Reply with quote

I've been thinking a lot about making my own type of Mario Party game (probably because I've been playing MP7 a lot lately), and I was wondering if the OHRRPGCE could pull it off.
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you say?
Yeah this would be a cool thing to have. Maybe just ONE board, like five mini games, and only a single player mode, some wickedly crude AI thrown in for the computer players... Do you has what it takes?

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I, you ask? Well, not yet. But I will be reading up on the plotscriting codes needed. Oookay...
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
msw188

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have much experience in programming, or logic? I see that as the main obstacle, if you planning on having computer controlled characters with any sort of AI. Do you have any ideas for mini-games that you'd like to share? Perhaps you'd rather keep most of them secret, so that they will be a surprise when you release the game. But then again, some of the people here may be able to help with the programming aspects of these games, if you haven't done much yourself...
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do this multiplayer, of course not 'multi-play', though. Have it turn based, and it could still be fun.
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always found that competing for a high score is more tense than actually playing head to head anyway. If you can pull it off, this could be a pretty impressive project. You'll just have to study into plotscripting a little bit, but you can probably learn enough to make this kind of game in just a week or two of playing around with it.
Dr. Baconman

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno how possible this is, but good luck anyway. I don't believe anybody else has done something like this before, and it will be truly astounding to see another of the OHRRPGCE's "Firsts."
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be called OH AYCH ARio party?
*does the neutron dance*
hey oh hey oh hey oh hey oh

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: