Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Winterfold Review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Winterfold Review Reply with quote

I have just got a few small problems with the review RMZ gave winterfold a while back.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/review-display.php?review=418

Problem:

Winterfold was released as a demo a while back because I was arrogent and wanted people to bow to my "Exellence" (So called). I didn't want people to review the game because it was still very young and in Demo format. The game itself was way too short for anyone to make a decent review anyway... so why? It litterally features a menu, a battle and an ending textbox (Just about)...
The game is going to be updated sometime (Dont think we havent forgotten) and when I update it, I don't want this review on the list that brings it down to a 'D-'... People won't want to download that. I see the download count is rather high... that does not matter to me. I just don't like that D- label.

Another thing (Rather Small) is that - If a person plays a game and forgets to input VDMS, could he just give that game 1/10 for that section and justify it with "Oh sorry, I forgot to put on VDMS"... Thats serious slack if you ask me. **Not that Winterfold had any music, just wondering**

I know I have waited a long time to come out the closet about this, but I think its only justifiable that it be done sometime.

Sorry RMZ. I know you spent time on the review... but it just seems out of place.

My request is that the review be removed from Winterfold. New reviews may be written when we specify the game is right for reviewing.

Is my request at all undecent? Please tell me.

2nd Edition out now!
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I believe when I reviewed it I didn't notice the fact that it said not to review it. Therefore it was fair game. And after like 4 months you just now start to complain about it?! And who cares what the heck your review rating is. A review is an opinion on something. Take a look at my Mr.Triangle's Maze Madness reviews.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=232

I mean, come on, one grade is an A, the other is a D+. It's all opinions. One person claimed it was good, the other claimed it was bad. So update your game and fix what was wrong in the copy I played and if it's good someone will review it and give it the grade they feel it deserves. Sheesh.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the only reason there has ever has been to review games so short is to warn other people not to download them. And it happens alot - many terrible newbie games are reviewed immediately. But I think it is otherwise pointless to review a game so short. I'm not arguing for the review to be taken down though.
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow... I dont really consider Winterfold as a newby game. It had a lot of things in it to counter what most people would define as a "newby game".

The reason I waited so long is that I would like to update it now. Not then. Now we are working on the NEW version. Which, I might add, is almost totally different to old one. I would like to just overwrite the .zip file in that game when I put it on.

I want a new start on that game. I dont want some Icky review to bring down the popularity of my game. That is all I ask.

Besides... Im sure I said somewhere that I didn't want the game reviewed.

The game should not have been reviewed in the first place as it was entirely uncomplete. The hero graphics even had a tag on them saying "Sorry about the hero graphics - Kale was sick". Im sure anyone could deduce that it was released just to show the community what the game was going to look like. And show off some plotscripting. NOT for reviewing and for taking serious. As the review seemed quite so.

And frankly RMZ. I don't want a fake opinion on my game when I release it again - Its not true to what the user reading it is about to download. Not true?

2nd Edition out now!
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about when the new version of your game comes out, RMZ could make an updated review of it. it's really not that big of a deal right now, so don't explode over this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fake opinion?! I thought the game had potential, and that the content that was there sucked. If it's an entirely different game, with a clean start, then... make a new game on your gamelist. Don't explode over something minor.
rpgspotKahn
Lets see...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just by the way. Your opinion counts for the current winterfold. I said that you opinion shall be fake when I update it sometime soon - Just an early warning.

P.S. Im not exploding. Im just making a point. You don't have any evidence to justify otherwise.

2nd Edition out now!
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look kid, you put a game up, it's pretty much fair game. If you put up a less-than-good game, don't blame the reviewer for writing a review. He's not the one who put up the game.

Suck it up.
You wanna start the slate clean? Make a new entry. Since the reviewer obviously doesn't want the review gone, it's not going anywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FireEmblemPride
75% Cotten.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I thought it was a pretty awesome game for what there was, but yes- I was quite disappointed with the 6 and a half minutes of actual solid gameplay you supplied... and you CAN'T really complain about the review in the first place. I mean, the main character did not even have his battle graphic (which has been justified in a way), which adds another strike against you for putting up a game way too dang early.

All in all, I really, REALLY wanna see the next version of the actual game, but just think of the D you got as being chastised for releasing a premature demo.
Do you think it is possible to unfinish a book? Like, if you read a book from beginning to end, you finish it, right? But if you read it from end to beginning afterward, is it UNFINISHED? Does the same apply to magazines?
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In actuallity, I don't know why RMZ reviewed it, because there really wasn't anything there (ala The Crystal Globe).

However, yeah, you are going to have to just take it like a man. It certainly hasn't stopped it from getting an insane amount of hits.
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any game on Castle Paradox should be able to be reviewed, unless the author clearly states for it to not be reviewed.

"CP reserves the right to host whatever file is uploaded until another file is uploaded in its place. We want a complete list of OHR games, and if a demo was once released, we want another file uploaded by the user (even if it's just another .zip with "I don't want people to see my game anymore.txt" inside) so we know that the game isn't a work in progress that never got off the ground."

And if you all think that it's wrong, have IM or another admin who works with the site code put something up for when you upload your games/edit them. This way they'll be concious of the criticism that may follow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: