Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Looking for a good, solid team
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Looking for a good, solid team Reply with quote

I want to make one of the greatest forays into the field of RPGS ever done. I've been thinking and stewing for a long time over how exactly to go about this, and despite my best thoughts and stews, I can't seem to get over the hill, and get an idea for an exact game, but, I always seem to be able to respond to other people's initiatives, and help boil things down, and add on to that. I'd like for this project to be a brief one, maybe 2 or 3 months of work tops. I don't want to have a humongous team, but I'm going to need help.

What I'm looking for, are people who first and foremost, like to think and discuss game making. Theme, Gameplay systems, storyline, theory, all of this needs to come into play, because we'll be working from a blank canvas, and I'd like for us to talk and get everything that'd be needed listed, and then divided amongst us for doing.

Secondly, I want people who are talented in many aspects of game making. You don't have to be the best in every field, but I'd like people who're good at several things, and are willing to work, and coax the rest of the team into working.

Ideally, there'd only be 2 or 3 people on this team, but I'll go as high as 4. If you're interested, be willing to show some of your work, in as many fields as you work in. (By fields, I mean Graphics, Writing, Music, Plotscripting, whatever).

We won't have one set artist, or one set plotscripter, but we'll divide it into categories of who does what best, or at least making sure that the best plotscripter isn't bogged down writing out each cutscene, or that the best artist isn't having to waste all the time he could be using to make the heroes and villains drawing generic townspeople.

Another thing I'd like for anyone interested to do, is talk about what types of games you like, and maybe even name a few of your personal favorites.

As for myself, I'm good at plotscripting, okay at graphics, can write decent textboxes, and I'm not bad at coming up with ideas and places that'd fit in great to a story. For my best plotscripting, look at Mormon Mission's minigames, Santa Goes Extreme, and OHR Basketball. Graphics wise, everything I'm proud of is in Halloween No Ingles (Which may've been renamed as part of an experiment, if so, just check the A's in the gamelist until you see a game by me with a graphical preview) , and if you care to hear stories, I tell one just about every night in IRC.

I'd like to work on something slightly serious. I'd like to have comic relief in the game, but I'd like that to be countered with some dark moments.

My favorite games of all time are, in no particular order, Chrono Trigger, Aerofighters, F-15 Strike Eagle 2, Resident Evil 4, F-19 Stealth Fighter, Robocop 2, Final Fantasy 5, and Starfox 64.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to plan a game with ya. Of course, I'm gone come sometime May-July (haven't gotten my call back yet), so I'd just be in for a bit. Raspberry!
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your favorites list needs to include Seiken Densetsu 3.

Anyway, I'm good at plotscripting and music and decent at graphics (and you probably know all this), but I'd also like a little more info before I commit myself to anything.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't really any more info. Anyone who I felt would be terrific partnership would be contacted, and told where to be, and when they got there, we'd start discussing what kind of game we'd like to make. We'd establish and vote on things, until we finally had our plans ironed out, and then we'd execute on them. It could really be any kind of a game, it all depends on who signs up.
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im up for it!

Graphics: my main thing is graphics, just look here --->[url http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2839[/url] for some of my work.

Writing: i'd have to say i'm pretty good at writing. theres not much else to say about that, and i really don't have any work handy.

Scripting: i'm not super great with plotscripting, i can do simple stuff like movies and such. i havent really experimented with the thing a whole lot.

Music: really isn't a big thing of mine; making it, that is.

favorite games: Seiken Densetsus , Chrono Trigger, The Elder Scrolls', pretty much anything on Battle.net (D2,WC,SC), Deus Ex, Resident Evils, Fallouts, and TotallyScrewed.net games (Awahahahasome games). pretty much anything with zombies, post apocolyptic (sp?) worlds, or pretty involved RPG's spark my interest.

contact: right now i only have one contact which is in my profile. otherwise you'll have to just PM me.

Last edited by Jack on Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music:
http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3062
http://www.geocities.com/sediko207/FF7-2.zip #if it's still there...

Graphics:
http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3026 #after the first page, most of it is just character designs. And, like everyone has already pointed out, I.. just.. have.. this.. problem with lack of color variety. I blame partial color-blindness.

Plotscripting/Game Design:
http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=586
http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=610
http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=476
http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=603

Story:
I'm.. sorry. I can't do dialogue. Plot, yes, but dialogue no. Most of my serious games (hay! none of them are released!) have serious stories anyhow.

Games liked: FFTactics, TO:Let Us Cling Together, Breath of Fire 2, FF9.

EDIT: Oh, in addition: I only use AIM, and I'm rarely ever on IRC, if that's going to be a minus.

Last edited by Sephyroth on Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
phyrfox
Avid Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never offically "done" a game, but I've designed several; a lack of resources (mostly the need for an artist, music player, etc kept me back). I can help with the design and idea/brainstorming process, but I'm useless beyond that... lack of time.

If I can be of use, use me. If I can't, then I'll go do something else with my time...

~= phyrfox =~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JSH357

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're already doing House 2 and Loaf No Ingles together, I'll discuss future projects with you after they're done.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like an awesome idea, I'll anticipate whatever this group puts out.
I wouldn't even think of sabotaging this project by offering non existant help
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally, I'd be happy to have people who'd help even in just the planning stages, but I'd really like for it to be mostly people who're actually giving a hand. Don't be afraid to volunteer, even if you're sort of new to the community. So far, Jack and Sephy are front runners, and I'd let Shads help however he thought. Anyway, if anyone's interested, but not quite sure what we're going to do, we could have some sort of meeting in IRC, to get together and just talk about what kind of game you, personally, would like to make. I don't know what time's good for anybody, but I can usually get in sometime around 11:30 PM EST.
Ssalamanderr
Simply too strong. Simply too beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, in that case I'm interested. I'm not good at getting actual work done, but I'm pretty good at bouncing around ideas. I'd like to come and talk about the project, but I am kinda busy at the moment.

I like games that require strategy or thinking, or games that make me go "wow, that is awesome, I wish I could do that/that happened in real life."

Ukelele no good!
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose then, anyone interested in offering advice, applying for the project, or just wanting to discuss Game Design, or see what we're up to, head to #OHR on IRC, on the irc.esper.net server. Alternatively, post here with any great ideas.

I think, one of the first requisites we should have to this game, is have absolutely no worthless NPCs, houses, forests, mountains, or anything. Every location the player can visit, should be a place that people would want to actually visit, every person the player talks to should be an interesting person who you would actually like to talk to in real life, and by this means, the villains should be 100 times more villainous than real villains. We need to take people you'd really like to talk to, or like talking to, and places you really want to visit, or have visited, and make them 100 times better, more interesting, and worse. I realize this isn't much of a revelation, but it's an excellent place to start, just letting your mind wander into daydreams.
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good idea to me. i was actually going to do something like that in my game. of course i only have about 20-25 people in my game.

questions:

so every single person/animal is going to be involved in the story someway or another?

are there going to be worthless (theres absolutely no items or storyline involved in this area) but beautiful (so the person would actually want to visit it) locations?

end questions

on the IRC meetings, i can probably show up tonight, so long as no one else is on the computer at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe not add to the story, but they need to add more than just "Welcome to Corneria" or what have you, they have to have some personality, and maybe add to the story. They'll establish atmosphere. Secondly, no, there's not going to be any places that are just pretty, the pretty places are going to be the places where the action takes place, and they may not all be pretty, after all, a dungeon needs to be about the last place in the world you'd want to visit. I'm seeing it as having lots of extras and hidden things and details, so that even though the game'll probably only be an hour and half to two and a half hours long (I think that's about the ideal length for an RPG, but it's definitely open to debate) there'll be lots of replayability, and New Game + things to do.
Jack
the fool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, people wandering aimlessly about in towns, spouting "Welcome" is out. darn...

[end sarcasm]

well i guess we're not taking the easy way out, which is good. maybe learn a little about their background when you talk to them or others. a cool way to do that would be to have a list of things you could say to certain people. ask them their background story, current events, or about other people in town, and with each person having their own personality and life style, each answer would be completely different.

it would take some work, but would be pretty involved and leave no person just a walking clone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: