Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

New game! Russian Roulette: Puppy Edition!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: New game! Russian Roulette: Puppy Edition! Reply with quote

By the grand masters of awesome, TokyoLove and ChaosNyte are once again happy to follow in the traditions of such greats as Gilbert, Ilbis, and PHC. Enjoy, and please, don't sue.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=629

Already critics are praising this work of sheer malign genius:

Moogle 1-
"Mogri1: O_o
Mogri1: is there any way to get past the first shot?
Mogri1: stupid dog always dies first thing
Mogri1: the game has like five seconds of playtime"

Cube-
"Masamune49: Hmm... I'll check it out when I get back into Windows.
Chaos Nyte: Booooooooo
Masamune49: Oookay..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, this is more following in the footsteps of "dog gets hit by car."

Also, it's Iblis. The B comes before the L.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it...
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I played it like a million times, but when I finally got to the ending, it was all worth it. Who was that hottie, by the way? She definitely made it worth my while, I'm gonna suggest this game to all my friends, if they can hold down the Enter button long enough. (Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind ENTERING that girl in the winning shot, iff'n you know what I mean)
JSH357

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the last one?!

Fucker, I keep getting the next-to-last. How the hell are you holding the button that long?
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giz, JSH, for your dedication in unlocking RR's MANY secrets, I have taken the liberty of sending both of you official RR shot glasses. I see I forgot to mention this in my initial post, but the game also installs quite a bit of spyware onto your computer to see what, if any, RR products you might also be interested in. Russian Roulette: Kitten, Baby, Hot Girl, and Christmas edition have all been selected as RR titles you might also enjoy.

On, and Red, for some reason, our spyware detects you would be interested in "RR: Rape The Corpse Edition". I'll send it along to you directly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizmog1 wrote:
Man, I played it like a million times, but when I finally got to the ending, it was all worth it. Who was that hottie, by the way? She definitely made it worth my while, I'm gonna suggest this game to all my friends, if they can hold down the Enter button long enough. (Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind ENTERING that girl in the winning shot, iff'n you know what I mean)

liar. there is no hottie.

and nice game CN, definately not worth playing. and if you are for animal rights, you could sue CN for mistreating animals. Big grin
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you haven't played enough of RR to know what Giz is talking about, Ysoft. And under what grounds could I be sued on? Hundreds of OHR games let the player the merrily slaughter their way through dogs, cats, even humans!
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sueing part was a joke. but seriously, there is no girl(unless this was a joke on Giz's part, which probably was). anyone remembers the old version of ohr gfx, which lets you view the backgrounds/tilesets without the password? thats what I used. being a programmer has its positive sides. Big grin
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best game eva

"nice game CN, definately not worth playing"

best review eva
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CN, you desherve a shpanking for thish. >o<

PS: I am off to investigate this game a little more and then drop the hammer on it.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Ysoft. Being a Programmer DOES have certain perks, and if you had studied into OHR History a bit, you'd remember that TokyoLove did the first work into OHR Graphics Encryption, which, upon the first unlumping of the file, sends the graphics you select to various hidden places on the harddrive, disguised as all kinds of secret files, like Spyware, until it requests them back from it. It's kind of primitive, so the files had to be called with data and programming stored in the files for textboxes, so it cut back on the games text capacity, but other than that it was a terrific work around for the time. I can only imagine, having 2 years to work on it, that it works even better now. It's great to be a programmer, especially if you get to hide your game's secrets from other programming twerps.

EDIT: by the way, thanks for the Shotglass CN. But, for future reference, I'd make it a boxset: Two glasses, one with the dog, one with the hotty. You could enclose instructions for the classic Drinking game, MEXICAN Roulette, in which you fill one glass with water, and one glass with tequila, or both glasses with tequila if you've had a bad day, and take turns downing shots until you pass out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: