Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The Giz's "Get Your Game Made" Contest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: The Giz's "Get Your Game Made" Contest Reply with quote

I tried this over on another forum, but there weren't enough people circulating around to get it going. The basic idea is, I'm bored, and concerned with the lack of real games being made in recent times. I've also seen tons of people post "I need help with graphics/plotscripting" what have you. The contest is, you post an idea for a game here. It could be a gameplay idea, with no idea for a story. It could be a story, and some ideas for gameplay. Whatever it is, it has to be enough to convince me to help. You also have to tell me what I'm gonna do, like am I gonna do graphics, or plotscripts, or what. If you can get me sold on your idea, I'll help you make that game. In return, you'll both get the help you desire, and whatever advice I can muster up on game design while we do it.
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*yawn*
Now, that sounds like an idea. Don't spread yourself too thin, alright? We do have a project for you currently.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Sheep Rancher DX Ultra Special Edition.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, do we get to see examples of each? Like, graphics and stuff? Why should we bother with this contest? Happy
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feed Sew

As a small Worker Sew, you are charged by King Sew to bring the most delicious foodstuffs from the far corners of the land! Feed Sew enough food and he will give birth to baby Sews. But a time comes when the world is running out of good foodstuffs, so you must raise the Baby Sews as your own and create an army to destroy Sew
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jjkaybomb
Brunettes have more hair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go around as this kid who's always hungry cause he has a black hole in his stomach that's kinda like Miroku's wind tunnel. EXCEPT whatever he eats he gains that power, so you get the ablility to be several types of yourself, like fire you and water you.

OR

M.A.G.N.U.S.

I've been trying to do this game forever but lack the necesary abilty to create good maptiles (right now, all I can draw well are humans). It's about a mad scientist who creates a genetically 'perfect' human on his 47th try for the president's secret service. MAGNUS does his job for a while, but gets lost and winds up in a small town. He gets to know this kid and a whole lot of mayhem turns up...

I have like six more ideas I can't complete at the moment....
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Loaf No Ingles"

Kittyloaf goes cruisin' with JSH, John and The Giz to score some chicks. Wackiness ensues.
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an example of my graphics, see Halloween No Ingles. For an example of my plotscripts, see Mormon Mission. And, so far, I'm just thinking these over, not saying yes or no on anything yet.
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics on my game (DoZ:Sour Dreams)

cabbageking
...worships at your feet!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna make a race game where you can pick characters and race the computer on a variety of different artisticly beautiful tracks. I can't do plotscripting though I'm too thick!! Rolling Eyes
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you all try and elaborate a bit more on this? Pitch the whole game to me, get me enraptured in the idea. I mean, if one line sums it up awesomely, okay. But otherwise, don't be afraid to speak up.
Joe Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleaxe*

Story:
A young farm boywas living on a farm doing farm work, when goblins (or any other small, nasty little creature--this could even be random) raid and the farm is in need of help. Fortunately, a group of D&D style adventurers come and save them. The adventurers decide to take the farm boy, who, naturally, becomes an adventurer. He goes on various quests with his party and gradually gains power, becomeing the leader and being able to recruit party members, or becoming a general and ruling armies, or even a merchant and trading goods, and even developing Fable style (though not nearly as detailed). Eventually, at the end of the game, the hero marries a woman and gets a house on a farm, where he has a young boy and the adventure starts over from there,

Gameplay:
Basically the hero must go on various "quests" ranging from grabbing a spoon to slaying a dragon, and possibly even randomly generated somehow.. Where it gets a little complicated is in the development system, which, for most part, can be pitched. Basically all of the different quests you go on would have an effect on your stats, instead of the typical leveling up through battle (or possibly in addition to). Also, you can take different jobs, which are accepted depending on your stats (much like your resume, exept it's comepletely true).If you are an adventurer, you could go down to the tavern and recruit adventurers or slaves, a general could recruit people for the army through draft and by people simply joining (If there is one. It might be too hard to plotscript), and a merchant would simply put up a "help wanted" sign or buy a slave. other aspects might be considered, but I'd rather not go too deep with the scripting, etc., though I may have already.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that generals and rich people don't settle down TO BE FARMERS.
Seriously, farmers tend to be at the bottom of the barrel, man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joe Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the point of the game isn't to be realistic. Besides, I summarized. Maybe you lose all of your money.

Last edited by Joe Man on Fri Dec 13, 1957 1:21 am; edited 2,892 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: