Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Mac OS X port
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i noticed that it was in there after all so i deleted my post.
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but its been like a week so I don't feel like its terribly unreasonable.

I just wanted to request that if someone does have access to a Mac which is 1.5 or lower and they compile the OHRRPGCE on it to please post it somewhere. The whole not having a way to scroll a sprite around without marking it and cloning it onto another graphic is killing me.

Also. If making a hspeak.hsd work with drag and drop is unreasonable, would it be pretty easy to make an applescript which lets you drag a file onto it then runs that file through hspeak.hsd?

(And I can already tell how obnoxious its going to get that textedit can't (won't?) save as .txt.)
Bagne
ALL YOUR NUDIBRANCH ARE BELONG TO GASTROPODA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Textedit can save as .txt
That's all it's used for (okay, half the time).

If you have a .rtf and need to convert it, Click Format -> Convert to plain text
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShakeyAir wrote:
I just wanted to request that if someone does have access to a Mac which is 1.5 or lower and they compile the OHRRPGCE on it to please post it somewhere. The whole not having a way to scroll a sprite around without marking it and cloning it onto another graphic is killing me.

Unfortunately we still haven't found anyone with Mac OS X 10.5 who can set up a nightly build.

But are you talking about the fact that capslock no longer allows you to scroll a sprite around? That is not a bug. It has been replaced by the "Scroll" tool. Press S or click on the S in the toolbar at the bottom of the sprite editor to activate it.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the last Mac build was before the Scroll tool was added.

I might get a chance to use the computer labs at my uni later this week.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally updated! See the original post for the link.

I'm going to try to get FreeBASIC to assemble using an alternative assembler like nasm, hoping to work around the OS 10.6 problem.
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As thankful as I am for the new update, Custom freezes if I change spaces, which the old one didn't do. Its more of a minor inconvenience than anything, since Spaces is easy enough to turn off, but I thought it would be worth bringing up since the last version did just fine with them.
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the new custom freezes a lot. If I click on another window at all, I think. I've been using an older version for a minute now just because of the Spaces issue, so I just noticed this.

How far away is a Mac version from being a nightly? I know I might be the only one currently reliant on it, but... I'm pretty reliant on it. Haha.

EDIT: Now its not freezing at all, maybe i got my versions confused, but in the graphics menu, hitting spacebar on any option takes me to Draw Small Enemy Graphics. Except draw medium enemy graphics, which takes me to Draw Large Enemy Graphics. Thats really not a big deal, though.

Also, minimizing CUSTOM crashes it. This is also pretty avoidable though.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShakeyAir wrote:
Actually, the new custom freezes a lot. If I click on another window at all, I think. I've been using an older version for a minute now just because of the Spaces issue, so I just noticed this.

Wait, why would using an older version make you notice this? You mean that you'd hardly used the newer build until now?

I'm clueless as to why there are problems with the newer build. There was almost no change to the Mac-specific code between the two. I never tried using Spaces though.

ShakeyAir wrote:
How far away is a Mac version from being a nightly? I know I might be the only one currently reliant on it, but... I'm pretty reliant on it. Haha.

There's been almost no work on the engine since then (aside from a week spent rewriting text rendering, but that's going in after release). Three bugfixes (two were insignificant). James and I have both been really busy, but my mid-semester break starts later today :)

ShakeyAir wrote:
EDIT: Now its not freezing at all, maybe i got my versions confused, but in the graphics menu, hitting spacebar on any option takes me to Draw Small Enemy Graphics. Except draw medium enemy graphics, which takes me to Draw Large Enemy Graphics. Thats really not a big deal, though.

Opps, will fix. That's only in the newest mac build.

Quote:
Also, minimizing CUSTOM crashes it. This is also pretty avoidable though.

Yikes. This didn't happen to me. Does this happen when you press Cmd-H, select 'Hide' in the apple menu, or click the window hide button?

Would you mind running from a terminal, to see whether any error messages are printed when it crashes (when minimising, and any other crash you can reproduce)? Instructions are here
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, pretty busy lately. I keep the OHRRPGCE source code open in an editor window, and occasionally stare at it longingly. Then I go back to my work project :)

ShakeyAir wrote:

I think the biggest thing that is holding us back from a nightly Mac build is the problem that is causing builds made on Mac OS X 10.6 to be broken.

If we could find somebody who owns a Mac OS X 10.5 machine, who was willing to run the nightly backup script, we could start it now.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the question.

James Paige wrote:
If we could find somebody who owns a Mac OS X 10.5 machine, who was willing to run the nightly backup script, we could start it now.

I keep meaning to make another attempt at figuring out the problem on 10.6, but I've had more pressing things to do while at uni.
In addition, for some reason, they reduced my disk quota from 1.5GB to 0.3GB. This is a horrible nuisance: all my Mac porting stuff combined is about 1GB (I had to compile an awful lot of software). So that's my other excuse: for the moment I can't even open firefox, let alone compile anything!
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! .3 gigs is ridiculously small. 1.5 gigs is too small. Would it not work from a jump drive? I don't know anything about coding other than hamsterspeak, to be honest.

Theres a possibility I can wrangle some access to a 10.5 machine, but only when I'm home which is about once a month at most. (and my dad is likely to get around to updating my moms computer eventually, if he hasn't already.)

If you can get it working on 10.6 somehow, though, I would be more than happy to set up my computer to upload nightlies. I understand its a busy time in the semester (I've been getting so much done OHR wise since I changed majors and dropped about half my course load... Its nice, when I forget how expensive it is...)

About the bugs:

Custom does NOT crash from clicking on another window. It freezes from trying to bring it to the front by clicking on the dock.

Same thing if its hidden. Clicking on the dock icon always seems to make it freeze.

I am not sure how to unhide without clicking on the dock icon, so I can't reasonably tell if hiding does anything, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't. I mean, it shows up correctly when I click on the dock. But its frozen.

This whole talk a few posts back about getting it to assemble a different way to bypass the 10.6 problem? If you haven't tried that and it doesn't take any actual coding knowledge I'll try it out for you. But I'd need pretty detailed instructions.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I'll managed to compile again, and I'll occasionally upload new builds. Once I get it working on 10.6, James will be able to set up nightly builds.

Sounds like the hiding problem is an SDL bug. There's not much I can do unless I manage to reproduce it.

Quote:
This whole talk a few posts back about getting it to assemble a different way to bypass the 10.6 problem?

I meant forking FB's assembly emitter to target a different assembler, and I mostly decided that I'd rather avoid that.
ShakeyAir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BACKDROP SLICES?! Ohhhhhh awesome so awesome so awesome! I hope a new mac build comes soon.

Also, in the feature thread you mentioned new text work was almost done. Is this variable width and multi color? And how done is almost done?

Hope you don't mind me asking that here. Just curious because this will possibly (probably) cause me to stop working on my custom text scripts.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, bitmapped layered (for things like drop shadows) variable width font support has been "working" but not "done" for about a year and a half, but it was never enabled because there was no font editor in which to actually draw the font, and no text wrapping. However I was never happy with it, so rewrote it (twice?) last year, and then again this year, adding markup and everything. It is now "working", but not "done". To be done requires at the minimum a new font editor, font file format, and finishing the text slice rewrite and text slice editor (to become the new textbox text editor). Also, I have to concentrate on my studies for the next couple months. That's about as specific as I can get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: