Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The Matrix OHR Game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
efgeise
the pissed off consumer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: The Matrix OHR Game Reply with quote

I was thinking of making a Matrix OHR game (which would follow the story) but, someone *cough* Blazes *cough* told me fan games don't work. So, I want the community's opinion. And if people like the idea, I was hoping someone could make this with me. All I would need is music skills, a good understanding of plotscripting, and some good graphics ability (if I can't make walkabouts or maptiles that look like The Matrix). But, if people hate the idea please don't offer your assistance as I won't make the game. This post might make a debate by saying "If you like the idea, make it." But, I'll put a disclaimer. I like the idea. But, if people won't even play it, what is the point of making it.
PIcaRDMPC

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never actually saw The Matrix, and I'm not good at anything yet, but the idea sounds ok.
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFGeise, I didn't say that fangames didn't work. I said this would be a bad idea, because you said it would be based on the movie, and they barely fought anyone in it (what, Neo fights Morpheus... and then the people in the building... and that one agent he fights repeatedly... so that's about one 'dungeon' and several outside battles?). That's the first thing. The second thing is this:
efgeise wrote:
All I would need is music skills, a good understanding of plotscripting, and some good graphics ability

So, we'd be doing the plotscripting, the music, and the graphics, and you already have the story from the movie... other than setting stats and typing in the text boxes, just what work WOULD you be doing?
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point in the 2nd half of your post, Blazes, but you forgot that an OHR game does not have to have battles to be a game.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how else he would do it. I know for a fact (and I mean no offense with this, efgeise) that he isn't the best plotscripter in the world, and probably wouldn't be able to program his own system or even a series of minigames without a lot of help. Sure, you could make it without that to, but again, it would be a bad idea because a bunch of pushable npc puzzles are somewhat unconvential for the basis of a game, especially considering how they are somewhat outdated (ESPECIALLY the push-NPC-maze example).
efgeise
the pissed off consumer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Matrix OHR Game Reply with quote

efgeise wrote:
I was thinking of making a Matrix OHR game (which would follow the story) but, someone *cough* Blazes *cough* told me fan games don't work. So, I want the community's opinion. And if people like the idea, I was hoping someone could make this with me. All I would need is music skills, a good understanding of plotscripting, and some good graphics ability (if I can't make walkabouts or maptiles that look like The Matrix). But, if people hate the idea please don't offer your assistance as I won't make the game. This post might make a debate by saying "If you like the idea, make it." But, I'll put a disclaimer. I like the idea. But, if people won't even play it, what is the point of making it.

(if I can't make walkabouts or maptiles that look like The Matrix)
Obviously, you didn't read it.
Chocobo

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should go for it, but maybe put some twists in it.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazes, who said there needs to be gameplay? Make an OHR Movie. I like OHR Movies.

Oh, and Efgeise, you don't have to quote the whole message. Only the part that's important is needed, like this:

efgeise wrote:
I would need is...some good graphics ability (if I can't make walkabouts or maptiles that look like The Matrix).

See? That's a lot clearer.
Regarding the game, I say go for it. It would be interesting to see this completed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Moonbuggie
Graphics Designer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's an okay idea...fan games can be good if they are done right, but a game that follows the exact storyline of a movie can be unpredictable. I'm not quite sure how that'd turn out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, you should replace Agent Smith with Agent Schmidt, so it can go like this:

(Morpheus comes down through the wall and pins "Agent Schmidt" to the floor)

Schmidt: So you are the great Morpheus?

Morpheus: ...and you are?

Schmidt: ..Schmidt. Agent John Jacob Jingelheimer Schimdt!

Morpheus: Your name is mine name, too.

(They commence in fighting)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RPGrealm5
Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of a Martix OHR game would be pretty cool. I actually read something that the Walinski Brotheres (Did I get it right?) wrote. They saide that they actually wrote the Martix in hopes of it becoming a video game, which could later become a movie.

Your idea interests me, just don't turn it into the response that E.T for Atari 2600 got.
JSH357

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan games CAN be good, but they tend to be made by people with no talent who just want to make an RPG based on something.

MulticoloredWiz and I are working on a fan game of sorts, and it's pretty good so far. I won't give any details, but I've determined that it is most definitely possible for a fan game to be excellent.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Wachowski Brothers, by the way. I say if you're gonna make a fan game, at least make it good, `cause a lot of commercial games based on movies I've seen, I thought kinda sucked. I'd say Batman, Jurassic Park, and the Back to the Future games were the only fun ones.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChocoSOLDIER
Ghost haunting the board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I'd wait to make it. I think people would rather play "Enter the Matrix" on PS2 or whatever than download an OHR game.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me! I don't have a PS2, so I say OHR ROCKS!!!!!!!

....I hate being technologically impaired...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: