Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Halloween Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHawk
Silent One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be anonymous, not so much because it would fix anything (is it even broken?, though it would stop people saying "you just said that because x made it!"), but because it would make it more intresting/fun guessing who made what and so forth.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of like a masquerade ball then, 'eh Hawk? I like where you're coming from, let's do that then, and we'll just pretend who already posted one didn't post it.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like the idea for the anonymous posting, I've got to ask, what are you smoking Zerith? In the last 48 hour contest, It Came From Beyond The Moon and Blow Up! were only one vote for 1st place apart. And both were excellent games. Heck, most of the games for the contest were voted highly, and those that weren't were pure crap. Just because the pure crap games were made by new members doesn't mean it was a popularity contest, it means that the games that got lots of votes were usually games created by more prominent members of the community. And they got that way because they've been working with OHR for years and improving their skills. So in other words, yes, it IS a popularity contest, for the games people enter, not the authors. And if you don't like that games from well known authors are better then newer members, then improve your skills and win this contest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very true CN. That's probally why I did so very very badly. Mr.Triangle's Battle Royal was a 15 minute game that was there for the sheer joy of entering and participating. And although I acted as you all would call it a "newbie" then, which I was one around then. I have developed a few tricks up my sleeves that may even suprise you of the twist of style I can produce. Good luck again everyone. As I have told Fenrir, I hope everyone tries their best, so the tournament will be very fulifilling.
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not participating simply `cause I don't have the time. Otherwise, it'd be quite fun.

By the way, though, if anyone wants me to do music for their entry, I'm open. Just PM me or e-mail me.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zerith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you make it seem like quality matters... Of course it does. I'd hope that if a respected member of the community submitted an absolute piece of shit for a game that it'd have low votes. But lets say its an average game. Not crap... not all that great but its still worth playing. You don't think the authors name would hold some sort of advantage over others. Arnold just won governer... regardless of the fact that he has more than 15 allegations of sexual abuse and claiming he admired Hitler.

Okay, okay that's a bit far-fetched, but still...it's Arnold and he won cuz he's sweet. Don't get me wrong Arnold's the man, but the voting was totally biased.

If you see my point from this than maybe you'd consider what I mean. IF you get nothing from this... you can break off my arm. Happy

I wasn't around for the last 48 hours contest... but some of the ones before that were biased and some of the other contests back when Zantetsuken was still an OHR board.

As for what I am smokin? Maybe I need to smoke something period... I might make sense.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCW asked, so let me clarify. Yes, the entrants are to be made anonymously, and if IM can remove the two entries already posted, that would be great. (Greater if him and Cube could figure out how to post them already.). Secondly, I guess I didn't specify, but I thought it was implied that the game must be made with the OHR, but for the record: All entries must be made using the OHR RPG CE.
Eggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into horror games. I just like gameplay and storyline. And I don't really BELIEVE in Hollow'een, anyway, though I do enjoy the Simpsons Holloween Specials. Too bad the Simpsons are closing soon.
madhatter
Best procrastinator in all of North America

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Simpsons are closing? Well, I haven't watched them in a veeerrry long time, but that surprised me, for sure, and I guess I'll miss them. Not that any of their episodes were all that good, but.... Ah, well....
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerith, once again, lay off the crack. When I vote for a contest, I vote for the games I think are the best. I don't vote for a guy's game, no matter who he is, if it isn't one of the best games in the contest. So an average game wouldn't get my vote, or anyone elses, anyway.

PS- Eggie, the only people who "believe" in Halloween are Wiccans, and they don't believe in anything that we would see as Halloweenish anyway. You can't believe in Halloween, even you wanted to. Weirdo. As for the Simpson's, they've still got two more seasons to go, so unless you consider two years a quick amount of time, stop saying random shit before I'm forced to knock out your front teeth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zerith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man, don't take it personal. I didnt say Chaos Nyte votes for the author not the game now did I? I believe I used one name through out my post and that was Arnold. I was merely suggesting anonymous voting because whether you like it or not, some of the votes will be biased. Although you can say the votes of an anonymous contest are biased also, but its highly unlikely to be because of a specific person. But enough about this no sense in arguing over it... ultimately its up to the one hosting the contest.
Sew
Just here for looks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am biased against ChaosNyte.

Or was that biased for ChaosNyte...?

..Hm.

~Sew

(And I know what Joke CN will pull off after this... Wink )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the games will be voted for without the voters knowing who made the game they're voting for? That's awesome.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised I haven't gotten the usual trash talking from ChaosNyte lately. And it's a pleasant suprise to hear that even he, yes he, will be playing my game, no matter how badly it sucks. But I can guarantee that if it does, ChaosNyte will be the first to run me down about it!
Eggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Nite- What I meant was that they are running out of ideas, so now they suck. They used to be, now they suck. And I would love to see you attack me. Really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: