Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Work in Progress: Blasted Earth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dislike the white around the characters, but the rest is pretty awesome. Also I'm a big SaGaFrontier fan.

- I tried removing it by exporting as png but the colours appear more limied so i had to make do with it. The real problem is with the walkaby's. Great Saga Frontier is one of the most inspirational games for me....

Vix reminds me a lot of Julie Winters.

And Kong kind of reminds me of this.

- Been a The Maxx Fan as well, must have come from that... And hey i like these elephant feet....
msw188

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, is that dude's name actually going to be "Man"?

This website link is for my funk/rock band, Euphonic Brew:
www.euphonicbrew.com
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msw188 wrote:

Yes, he is the herald Man Xi....
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I tried removing it by exporting as png but the colours appear more limied so i had to make do with it.

You could just edit it away after importing via the ohr graphic editor. Shouldn't be too hard.

Quote:

Try to pronounce it "m-ah-n".
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just edit it away after importing via the ohr graphic editor. Shouldn't be too hard.

I tried that too but the chartacters look too skinny and the pallete look more scattered. It seems that each new imported image differ in mapping somehow. I could however edit each frame when imported but il only do that when i have completed eveything as im trying to finish this quick because i need money (im a poor indie person selling stuff here and there) but still remain inspired and not sacrifice the game. By the way, selling ohr games, is that ethical in your opinion? I'm thinking of maybe getting one to two dollars for a copy. This is my first time if ever....

Also:

1. is there a way to hide the spell list of a character and only unlock in when a certain event is triggered? (e.g. level up, item acquisition, special event)

2. I noticed that each map can have its own set of npc's but why does clearing an npc of the same number in a certain map removes a different npc of the same number in another map? What happened: In map x i made npc 0 into a recruitable character while in map y i made a keycard wich is needed to open a door in map z. When you recruit the character in map x, the keycard vanishes in map y while getting the keycard first removes the character in map x. Both NPC's are set to 0 in seperate maps....

Last edited by BlastedEarth on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Newbie_Power

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end it will be better to keep the yellow outlines. Removing them will just make the anti-aliasing around the sprites meant for the yellow clash, plus it allows characters to show up on backgrounds easily.

TheGiz> Am I the only one who likes to imagine that Elijah Wood's character in Back to the Future 2, the kid at the Wild Gunman machine in the Cafe 80's, is some future descendant of the AVGN?
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as im trying to finish this quick because i need money

+
Quote:
By the way, selling ohr games, is that ethical in your opinion? I'm thinking of maybe getting one to two dollars for a copy. This is my first time if ever....

There nothing ethically bad about it and it's completely legal, too. However it's already pretty hard to just get a higher download count on a game here, selling it will be even harder.

There are maybe 3-5 people here that would pay for their favorite OHR games.

Point is, go ahead and try to sell it, but don't rely on it.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the end it will be better to keep the yellow outlines. Removing them will just make the anti-aliasing around the sprites meant for the yellow clash, plus it allows characters to show up on backgrounds easily.

Yes, i hope it all works out in the end.

Quote:
There nothing ethically bad about it and it's completely legal, too. However it's already pretty hard to just get a higher download count on a game here, selling it will be even harder.

Then all is well then, thank you for your opinion.

Sorry for posting these questions again....

1. is there a way to hide the spell list of a character and only unlock in when a certain event is triggered? (e.g. level up, item acquisition, special event)

2. I noticed that each map can have its own set of npc's but why does clearing an npc of the same number in a certain map removes a different npc of the same number in another map? What happened: In map x i made npc 0 into a recruitable character while in map y i made a keycard wich is needed to open a door in map z. When you recruit the character in map x, the keycard vanishes in map y while getting the keycard first removes the character in map x. Both NPC's are set to 0 in seperate maps....
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hm not sure if you can do this (btw @ James/TMC, we should hide the commands in the ohr that don't have any skills yet), but the old workaround was to just make an alternative Hero that uses the same sprite, but has a diffferent skill list and when you access the event where the skills become available just secretly replace the hero with its counterpart. Via plotscripting you can give the new hero as much exp as the old hero had.

Quote:

Sounds like you're using the same tag for both. Check the conditions.
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Right, go to the hero editor and select bitsets, select: Do not show spell list if empty.

After that during a plotscript use the code: teach spell (heroID,SpellID+1), however, this only works if that hero can learn that spell, to do that you must assign the heroes spells to a spell list, on this screen you can also select Learn from item, Learn at X level, X being the level, please also note that using the Teach Spell plotscript you can only use a spell that has the learn from item bitset. As for items, in the item editor, scroll down to the teaches spell node and then press left or right to select the spell you want to be taught, again it'll only work for a hero who has that spell in any of their 4 spell lists. Hope that helps.

As for question two, I'd ask James if I was you, it sounds like a bug, what version of OHR are you using?

EDIT: Arg! Rya ninja'd me :p
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right, go to the hero editor and select bitsets, select: Do not show spell list if empty

Thanks it worked!

Quote:
it sounds like a bug, what version of OHR are you using?

I'm not sure but it was the latest in the site as of last week....

Quote:
but the old workaround was to just make an alternative Hero that uses the same sprite, but has a diffferent skill list and when you access the event where the skills become available just secretly replace the hero with its counterpart.

I could really use this for mutation events, thanks....

Quote:
Sounds like you're using the same tag for both. Check the conditions.

Checked both, only one has a tag. I'm not sure why but it just happens. There is also this other issue but i think is very related: I made a treasure NPC set to "1" and it contains an item. I put three instances of it in the same map and when i open one everything else disappears. When i set the usability to infinite everything becomes infinitely useable. So i tried this on the last problem. I set the heroe to infinite as well as the keycard and they both appear all the time but i don't want that of course. I tried making the hero infinite and the keycard no, then only the keycard disappears this way....
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you are using the tags wrong. You need to make one NPC for every treasure chest, even if it contains the same item. If you activate an NPC and set it to be only activated once, its tag will be set which results in the NPC getting removed at ALL locations. That's intended like that. Just make sure you make a separate NPC for each event.

(note @ James/TMC: Make an option like "Usable once per coordinates")
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
I'm pretty sure you are using the tags wrong. You need to make one NPC for every treasure chest, even if it contains the same item. If you activate an NPC and set it to be only activated once, its tag will be set which results in the NPC getting removed at ALL locations. That's intended like that. Just make sure you make a separate NPC for each event.

(note @ James/TMC: Make an option like "Usable once per coordinates")

Oh, i see, oh well reassigning now, thanks for the clarrification....

-Wow, on second thought i didn't have to reaasign anything at all, it seems if you assign tags it recognizes those tags, hmm so the delete all only applies to untagged npc's....
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you select "Usuable only once" then an unused tag of a number above the named tags gets automatically assigned to the NPC and is set automatically on activation. But you still need to make a separate NPC for each event / treasure chest.
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
If you select "Usuable only once" then an unused tag of a number above the named tags gets automatically assigned to the NPC and is set automatically on activation. But you still need to make a separate NPC for each event / treasure chest.

If that is the case then i will have to document each ta carefully to think im making a lot of sidequests, hmmm....

BTW, is there a version of ohr or an add on that allows more layers of maptiles for a map? I mean, i want to use different full tilesets to make a unique large map. Like four 320x200 drawings combined....

(@James, would there come a time when we can add quest logs? that'd be really exciting)

Last edited by BlastedEarth on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: