Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Halloween Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Votes are still kinda trickling in, but when they slow down just a bit more, I'll name a date. And yeah, I'm personally wondering why everyone's updating their entries and fixing bugs AFTER the deadline. Don't bother uploading the old versions, just no one do it again.
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Votes haven't even been coming in too regularly. Barely trickling. The only real people who voted were the ones who were in the contest. I wish more people would vote. It's bad enough there weren't that many entries. But more voters would make up for it.
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we had a deadline set, it would inspire people to get their voting done quicker. So maybe you should make a deadline Gizmog. Just an idea. Because the voting for this is very sad.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have voted, but...

I can't beat Run Run Zombie Revolution. Or even get past the first stage.

Final Fantasy H-2 has some sort of horrible bug in it that seems to make me skip over a huge part of the story and kill me painfully.

Once I've beat those two games, I can assure you all, I'll vote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright then. The deadline for voting is: November 14. That's 5 days from now, so hurry up (And hope I remember about this.)
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it this tuesday (election day?)
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, it's about time a deadline was made. Anyways, isn't CP still gonna give the winner an official Bob the Hamster wall clock? Just wondering anyways. I thought I heard about it somewhere.
Gizmog1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, Inferior Minion's still going to give a clock to the winner, or winners.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:
2nd and 3rd place will get pr0n. Oh goody.

That being said...

Halloween Quest

This is one of RMZ's most humorous games yet. It's very much like Kingdom Hearts in it's linearity, and also in the wide variety of characters you'll run into. That being said, it was never intended to be scary, and only one scene in the entire game comes off as being even remotely disturbing. The ending seems tacked on though, as most OHR games seem to suffer from this kind of sickness.
Fun: 8 Creativity: 7 Scary: 1

Run Run Zombie Revolution

I despise DDR. Now, I'll acnoledge that shouldn't have any bearing on my opinion of this game, but I despise DDR for the fact that I SUCK at it. Because of this, I can't fully rate this game, and yet be fair. The concept of dodging putrified hands in time to pressing the directional keys and yet make it to the second level for more of the same only slightly faster just simply does not equate to fun in my dictionary. Of course, your own mileage will vary. That and I'm questioning whether setting the character's speed to 2 at the beginning of the game was also appropriate, considering most of my playing experience was having to sit through that scene over and over. Just for the record, I never made it to the end. I SUCK at DDR type games.

Fun: 0 Creativity: 5 Scary: 2

Pitch Black

I'm not a big fan of survival/horror games, but for this contest, it's the only way to go as far as getting points on the scary scale. It's also the most graphically impressive game out of the four, and has the deepest story. That being said, I didn't have much fun with it, though I *could* reccomend it to others, just to show that a horror game CAN be made-and a damn good one at that. Again, I'm not a fan of the genre, so I'm a little biased (not nearly as much as being against DDR).

Fun: 2 Creativity: 9 Scary: 5

FFH-2

Personally I don't see why anyone would want to play this horrible mess of a sequel, unless it were for the graphics or to see my bungling of the job class system. It's confusing in its directions of where to go next, the enemies can be too hard if not even adequately prepared, and the 4th character's class script completely and irrevecobly kills her off due to some bug with the OHR's scripting itself. This being said, it's the longest of the submissions, and does have ONE redeeming value- the slime scene. Play it for the slime, then stop.

Fun: N Creativity: N Scary: N

Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Eggie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RRZR
Fun: 7 Creativity: 9 Scary: 2

PB
Fun: 10 Creativity: 7 Scary: 4

HQ
Fun: 6 Creativity: 6 Scary: 3

FFH-2
Fun: 9 Creativity: 9 Scary: 0

I ain't never scared!

(Please note that all of the scary ratings are based on everything.)
RedMaverickZero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more days!!!! Awesomeness!
Eggie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I made it! You should thank me, because:

A) I made a difference.
B) I like being thanked. I don't get a lot of it, anywhere. Crying
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is the last day of voting.

Vote now or forever hold your peace.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem.

Pitch Black-
Fun: 8 Creativity: 10 Scary: 8

Okay, so the ending was a letdown in terms of scariness, and it took me forever to find the bathroom, but damn, was it ever entertaining to play. Wandering around a pitch black mansion, constantly jumpy for chances in the music...great, great job guys.

Halloween Quest-
Fun: 7 Creativity: 5 Scary: 0

A very solid entry. Not screamingly wonderful, but Red made use of believeable characters, a decent plot, and entertaining battles. Too bad there's like, a battle every two steps, or this would have scored much higher on the fun rating. Looking forward to Halloween Quest 2 next year.

Run Run Zombie Revolution-
Fun: 2 Creativity: 7 Scary: 3

A great concept for a game. Too bad as far as I know, no one can get past the second level... The music sent shivers up my spine, great work, Setu. Hawk, if you had expanded this into a full game, it would have been amazing. As it stands, RRZR was simply too buggy for me to really enjoy. I never once hit the first arrow, because it showed up so fast and randomly.

Final Fantasy H-2
Fun: 3 Creativity: 4 Scary: 0

I know you got sick and all Fenrir, but yeesh. This game simply wasn't ready to be released. Empty towns, a script that was awful at best, (STOP FUSKING WITH MY HEAD! No, no, no...;Wink made for a game that I seriously didn't enjoy. Hoping the next release is loads better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. After playing through all of the games (except all of FFH2) I have come down to this list:

Haloween Quest: Funness: 10 (I liked it so much I wasnt discouraged to start back four bosses when I died without saving.)
Creativity: 9 (Tricks and treats, and learning abilities from candy is right up thre with FLCLs stuff coming out of the head bit.)
Scarey: 2 (A fair rating considering that this was probobly a satire of haloween celebration.)

I liked the cameos a lot. Fairly creative way to add them, indeed. The game was intriguing more than it was scarey, but the grafics were well done, and the battles well balanced (as far as I am concerned). I liked the story. The end scene (which I wont ruin for those who havent played it yet) surprised me!

Run, run ZR!!!1: Funness: 8 (decent game play, the second boss was a little difficult, and even the first boss took me a few tries to beat.)
Creativity: 7 (Where did the people all go? Naw, dont tell me...)
Scarey: 5 (I have experienced a similar feeling of lonliness when I am home alone. And Setus songs were creepy)

This game was fun enough to play several times! I even came back to it the next day saying, YAY! RUN RUN ZOMBIE REVOLUTION TIME! I often act like a loony, but not about games as much, so kudos! The bosses were difficult to beat. I still dont know how I got past that secondone. The save scroll doesnt work; I think; and the opening scene can get obnoxious (that wasnt spelled right) However, the game was fun enough, I didnt really mind too much.

Pitch Black: Funness: 7 (I liked the game design, and that always tickles me into giving high scores.)
Creativity: 8 (The idea of a new girl going on a dare, and ending up haveing to save her new friends with only her flashlight was a classic idea with a nice little twist.)
Scarey: 5 (Yes, it was creepy to go into that house when I couldnt even see my menu screen.)

I liked this game. I only played it once though. Personally I think the flashlight being on was scaryer than it being off, except that I felt uncomfortable, and all the bumping into walls, and SPIKES! Errr... This was a good idea though.

FFH2: Funness: 7 (It was so fun, that I forgot how fun it was, so I played it again.)
Creativity: It was very creative, but this coming from the mind of one who hasnt even played through a single FF game in his life.)
Scarey: No. But I somehow got accidentally sucked into a world of blood and bones. I dont know how it happened, but I guess it was... Aww read the review below.)

This game looks professional. I wouldnt be surprised if it was. (It was?!) I heard Fen was sick when he made it though. *Gasp* Did great considering sickness and all! When I heard the songs for the town and the themes, I was all WOA! I didnt want to leave the town at all! Then again, I found a bug where the hero for the wizard that sorrow turns into has a total of 0 HP. I am sure this game is unfinnished, and undeveloped a little. Considering that Fenrir was sick when it was made, I give great Kudos, and 5 points to Fenrir. Still, I cannot deny that this wasnt the the best game on the list. (That is all for now)

PS: Ill try to enter next year.

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: