Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Miss Pixel OHR 2006 Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PHC, I didn't know that. He should probably create account in photobucket.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the fuck do you mean, PROVE to you I drew it? Want me to describe them? One's a yellow smiley face, only instead of a face, he's got this bad ass motherfuckery black arrow what's pointin' to the right! There's two of 'em like that, wot wot

Then there's this other whore, who looks like she's fuckin' GREEN man! She's fuckin' green! And she's crying like a baby, 'cause she don't wanna look so froggy, y'dig my meanings?

Why ain't ya makin' anyone else prove they drew theirs? Hatzi's entry definitely shows more talent than he possesses, and let's not forget that my second entry bears a remarkable resemblance to something I once saw at a Renoir Convention. How the hell can I PROVE I drew that? You tell me how to prove it, and I will.

Oh, wait, here's a novel idea! I'll draw it again!

Arrow Crying Arrow

They're depressed, so they're a bit slower this time around! Can't expect that kind of piss and vinegar forever!

Holy shit, it looks like a tree frog.
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this contest was a bad idea and the rules have nothing to do with the title, but it wouldn't be 1/100th as annoying without so many people acting retarded to "make fun of it." It's fine to make fun of the rules by submitting terrible entries that still fit the rules, that's a good joke. But when you submit something that is legitimately against the rules and try to argue that it isn't, that totally fails at making fun of the contest and makes you look like a fucking idiot. Holy shit guys, enough is enough.
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Every once in awhile, I just get the urge to quit even trying to be funny, and just be a total jackass, especially when I'm around people like Hatzi and Ysoft whom I legitimately hate. I'll try to keep it in check, but as I'm sure you've all noticed, I don't do that great a job of it. Sorry.

I just can't figure why he's requesting I "prove I made it" instead of just throwing it out. It's on the emoticon panel for christ's sake, he must've looked directly at it when he made his post. Yet all he'll do is talk in that officious manner "Can you prove you made that?" Instead of just throwing it the hell out, and I guess I kinda flipped. Sorry!
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . .

I still think you're funny, Giz.
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with Iblis on this point. This seriously could have been an excellent contest if (A) the rules weren't so ambiguously vague (B) the contest host didn't keep changing them and (C) there weren't so many entries designed to make Ysoft look like a joke. Most of us have had our fair share of laughs at his expense, and pretty princess Barbara still makes me giggle, but this joke is about as dried up as Airship2600. It's just not humorous anymore, and unless you were in on the joke it'd look like borderline trolling. Although it DID get a smirk out of me, in all fairness.

On the other hand, we did get some fairly good entries in this contest, so on those this contest has been a partial success. Also, this is the best quote I've seen in a long time.

Camdog wrote:
Not every drawing needs to be an idealized depiction of femininity.
Ysoft_Entertainment
VB Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Fen since when did I change the rules? True I was doing that last year because some people were requesting it, then I decided to keep on adding the rules. I know this was my fault. This year, I didn't change a single rule, so lay off me please.

Giz: About you hating me, the feeling is mutual buddy. And Giz, if I would just throw out your entry, you would find excuse to keep it, which is why I put as best of excuse as I could think off. I know that your emoticons were in fact from CP's message board, thats why I said to prove you drew that Big grin

Iblis: Thanks for what you said, even though its probably was not meant to be in my defence, I still appreciate it.

To people who took this contest seriously, thanks guys, your entries are superb. To those who didn't, your entries suck, and belong in the recycling bin, if I wasn't nice fella, I would have dqed them on the spot.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ysoft_Entertainment wrote:
To those who didn't, your entries suck, and belong in the recycling bin, if I wasn't nice fella, I would have dqed them on the spot.

And this is the quintessence of all that is wrong with your contest.
Warrior Thread Monk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iblis' icon is the robot from Castle In The Sky.

"Aeth calls PHC an anti-semite; PHC blames anti-semitism"
-squall
Iblis
Ghost Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it isn't.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My entry is Rachel, from Cinema.

My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
Me
HI.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really not meant to be an insult to your picture, but it really really really looks like someone is punching her in the left cheek. Just add a fist right there on the right side of the pic and it'll look perfect.

Ah ha. Here is what it reminds me of, minus the blood: http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/051/reviews/930879_20060221_screen001.jpg
Fortis
don't make me come over there

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ysoft_Entertainment wrote:
To people who took this contest seriously, thanks guys, your entries are superb. To those who didn't, your entries suck, and belong in the recycling bin, if I wasn't nice fella, I would have dqed them on the spot.

Yep, Moogle is correct. This is what is wrong with your contest.

In short, you're being a dick. Don't tell me that given the circumstances, it's only natural for you to act this way, because it isn't. You're running a contest. A competition of skill to see who is the best. Contests are to be handled with dignity and an objective viewpoint. Not only have you shown us that you're 100% biased towards people who bought the latest "how to draw manga" book, you've also handled the childish, rude attacks on your contest more childishly and rudely. The way to deal with these problems is to ASK A MOD TO DELETE THE OFFENDING REPLY.

You did not do this. You responded to flames in turn with flames. You are the "impartial judge" of this contest, and given that you're not at all impartial and have shown that you can't even judge when and when not to have restraint, I have to say that this contest is nothing more than a joke.
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of thing I remembered you for Fortis :-p

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: