Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Failed Projects, Yours and Mine (SEPFY E UNDONE?!?!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wobbler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from Castle Paradox Administration:
This content has been removed by the user. Contact the original author and link them to this post if you wish to view the original content. Only the author can remove the tags hiding this content.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, another fucking idiot! Leroy, what the fuck's the matter with you? A man has just TAKEN HIS OWN LIFE, and here you are, fucking thumping a bible! Can't we get some god damned respect for the deceased!

JESUS!
Ronin Catholic
Deadliest of Fairies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephyroth wrote:
hay that's pretty cool i'm actualy wurking on a final fantasy fan game rite now. Big grin

and to keep with the topic, My life is a failed project. Which is why I'm ending it all right now.

now im ded adn nun ov u wil evr play mah ff fangame Sad...

For years, I was traumatized by this post and the obviously-drawn slit wrist picture (looked real enough to me at the time) - I thought my forum reviving had inadvertently triggered a man's suicide by reviving this thread.

Sure I can look back it now and laugh, but at the time I really couldn't tell how serious anyone was.

I've of course had hundreds of new failed projects in the past 15 years - far too many to count. And some games that while I'll never "finish" them they were still real successes in some way (Maces Wild being a big one).

The haunting feeling bothered me for a long time and greatly influenced my behavior on internet forums in ways it shouldn't.

Always remember: It's okay to fail at making something or cancel a game you can't make presentable. It's also okay to release "demos" that will never be finished. It's okay to have regrets, and being depressed from time to time might be perfectly natural.

What's not okay: Killing yourself. Threatening to kill yourself to emotionally manipulate others (not this thread, but it's happened to me quite a lot...my romantic life is the most troubled part of my existence). Calling people who took their own lives instead of going down fighting and trying to claw their way out of the bad situation they were in anything other than cowards; "An Hero" was a meme in part because people were amused by the horribly written eulogy and to highlight the obvious, that there's nothing heroic about ending your life. A little bit o' the sarcasm.

"I didn't start the flame war;
I can't understand a word you're saying
nor the game you're playing~"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: