Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Suggestion: Elemental damage modifiers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abelhawk
Professional Procrastinator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Suggestion: Elemental damage modifiers Reply with quote

Hey James!
Have you ever received the suggestion to give items (or even spells) the ability to add percentage-based buffs to elemental damage? For example, a Fire Staff item could add 25% damage to all attacks that the hero used that used the "Fire" element. I have a mage hero on my RPG that could really benefit from amplifying his magic attacks depending on which element he wanted to specialize in.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that would be a good feature. Adding that to equipment means I have to finish redoing the item data file format first.

Being able to change elemental strengths and weaknesses in battle using attacks would be pretty great too. You can kinda do it with enemy transmogrification, but there is no good way to do it with heroes right now.
Abelhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Thanks for considering it!

That actually reminded me of something I was wondering a couple of years ago... Is there a way to add a consumable item that ups a stat permanently? Like a tome of some kind? (For example, a Tome of Strength which, when consumed by a hero, adds +1 Strength permanently) I've never experimented, but I had wondered if making a spell that added strength to an ally and making a consumable item that casted that spell would do that.
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is easy to do, but only works outside of battle

Make an attack that targets the "Max" of a stat. When used outside of battle, it will permanently increase the stat.

If done inside battle, such an attack would only increase the max stat for the duration of the battle.
Abelhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat! That could be useful.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't set an attack to target the max value of a stat. Just target the stat normally.

This only works for stats other than HP and MP. Attacks targetting HP and MP do what you expect, change the current value. Also, turning on "Don't reset max stats after OOB attack" disables the ability to change max stats in this way.
You can use a script instead.
Abelhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of elemental damage, is there a chance that you'll add the option to color elemental damage numbers in combat so you know what type of damage it was? E.g., ice damage could be blue, fire damage could be orange, or just all non-normal damage was yellow (like on World of WarCraft).
Abelhawk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey James, I have a really sincere suggestion... though the other things on this thread would be fun, it would be super useful if the items (and maybe even enemies and other listed items) could be sorted. Is that possible at all? Like it would be nice to have a tab for weapons, a tab for every armor piece, and maybe even one-use items, quest items (can't drop/sell), etc. The item list in my RPG looks like a mess because I made a bunch of swords, and then a few potions I needed at that point in the plot, and then another sword, etc. Is this possible, or is it not doable because of the way items have tags and stuff?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorting data records would be nice.

Actually sorting the order they appear in the data file would be totally impractical. Being able to change their ID numbers would be impractical-- but simply being able to have a sortable list of them is reasonable. That is something I would like to do.

I can't guess when I will get time to do it.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a lot of effort (ID numbers in existing saves would need adjusting too), but it definitely doesn't make sense to implement if you could just rearrange the view of the items (or other things like attacks, enemies...) instead. Both changing the view and changing IDs have been requested many times.
Abelhawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if you don't have to change the IDs, if it's just a view thing, I'm all for that. I just find myself wishing you could sort items by type, or possibly open the attacks that a specific hero has from their ability list. It's just frustrating to have to memorize the number of the object, then go all the way through sifting for it. It doesn't affect gameplay or anything, but it would be nice.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being able to go straight to the editor for something without leaving the current one is definitely a huge user interface improvement we want to add!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum