Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Motrya, the Trailer (24.75% Release available)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSH357

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Motrya, the Trailer (24.75% Release available) Reply with quote

Hey guys. Finally, I have a decent preview of this game. I think y'all are going to love it (well, I hope so) and I'm working hard to make sure it's ready by the Heart of the OHR Contest's end.

If you could do me a favor, please visit the video and "Like/Dislike" it (Hey, if you don't like it, that's fine too)! You can also subscribe, if you're so inclined. I'd love to get more people interested in this (and other) OHR games. It's some neat footage anyway with awesome music courtesy of Vampiducki, so do check it out!

By the way this demo has been available for quite some time, and won the Heart of the OHR Contest:
http://www.jshgaming.com/motrya

Last edited by JSH357 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, looking forward to it greatly :)

You included glimpses of quite a lot of textboxes in that preview, yet you can only read the shortest without pausing. I don't think this is such a good idea: since you can't read them, they're distracting; I had to watch twice before I saw the game itself instead of the text.

I also watched preview #1 (was this ever linked to?) The card game looks good and fun too.
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mad Cacti wrote:
Looks great, looking forward to it greatly Happy

You included glimpses of quite a lot of textboxes in that preview, yet you can only read the shortest without pausing. I don't think this is such a good idea: since you can't read them, they're distracting; I had to watch twice before I saw the game itself instead of the text.

I also watched preview #1 (was this ever linked to?) The card game looks good and fun too.

Yeah, sorry about that. This is the first trailer I've ever made. Initially I had too much menu surfing in it. These are probably a lot easier to make with VA.
chronoboy
Into the past with a splash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try using plotscript to drive most of the trailer, plotscript can handle movie like fades and that. For my Heart of OHR game trailer I made, the entire trailer is done in plotscript from beginning to end.

I am sure you could devise a really good plotscript for a trailer, better than me most likely, as you did create an entire card battle mini-game, kudos to that.

What I did is create a separate included file for the trailer, so that I could easily remove it from the RPG after I was done filming. I called this trailer script directly from the new game script, and called game over directly after the trailer was complete. Plotscript could even control your music soundtrack and sound effects for the trailer. Happy eliminating any video editing software.

Great trailer neither-less, makes me actually want to play it when it comes out now(this is the first time I heard or read about Motyra).

JSH357

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early release time!

Motrya is an old-school RPG, similar to those from the Super Nintendo console, that chronicles Murlor's journey through a strange, but sometimes familiar fantasy world.

What if you were fixing to graduate from school, but had never actually done the work required? Murlor would know how you'd feel.

Murlor's story begins on the evening of his graduation from Yormus Academy, where students practice the art of Forlae, which you might call "Magic" in our world. That day, Murlor learns all about some dark, secret stuff, and when the unthinkable happens, his peaceful life at Yormus is thrown in to chaos. If you want to know the full story, you'll have to check the game out today!

You can download Motrya here now!
http://jshgaming.com/motrya/
This is the 24.5% version.

NOTE: The music is incomplete in this version, and will be changed by the time the 25% version is ready. Pardon that omission, but this is the best we could get done for HotOHR
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... what happened to the 25% version?
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
JSH357

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
So... what happened to the 25% version?

The music still isn't ready. We're fairly far along in to Chapter 2 development, so the 25% release may never happen. The plan is to only release demos when a full section of the game is ready. (24.5% was released for the Heart of the OHR Contest).
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's not worth waiting for the 25% version? I wanted to play it with the real music so I'm still waiting.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
JSH357

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
So it's not worth waiting for the 25% version? I wanted to play it with the real music so I'm still waiting.

The final music won't be ready for a long time, unfortunately, so if it is important to you, hold off for now. Won't offend me Happy
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for the 25% release before playing as well; I think music is incredibly important. May just have to play 24.5%, but on the other hand, Motrya surely doesn't need my vote for GOTY!
BlastedEarth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's very impressive, I especially love the battle backgrounds :-)

JSH357

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is kind of old and doesn't mention that the 24.5% demo is already out. I probably should have edited the post. (At least, I assume Blasted Earth wasn't aware the game has been released)
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, TMC and me are aware that it is out already, it's just that you said the music for version 25% will be ready until the end of the year 2010 so TMC and me waited for that before downloading the game, it's quite unexpected that you still say now in March 2011 that the music will take a long time. I mean what is the problem that suddenly came up with the music?
JSH357

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rya.Reisender wrote:
Yep, TMC and me are aware that it is out already, it's just that you said the music for version 25% will be ready until the end of the year 2010 so TMC and me waited for that before downloading the game, it's quite unexpected that you still say now in March 2011 that the music will take a long time. I mean what is the problem that suddenly came up with the music?

The composer has less free time to work on music than he used to. Ironically, he's gotten more in to the project though. I just got a new song from him last weekend, and with any luck Chapter 1's music will be finished this year.
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it still seems so long.

It is weird, back when I still worked in teams on the OHRRPGCE the composer in the team usually could do 1 song per day. Sure it wasn't the highest quality and only 30-60 seconds long, but you usually wouldn't need more. A usual indie RPG has about 40 songs. That would mean 40 days of work. For a 25% version I'd thus say it's about 10 songs aka 10 days. That is the reason why I'm so surprised when you said that we are still talking about >300 days.

On the other hand now I'm really curious on how the music will be and if it will be of a particularly high quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: