Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

The Review Exchange.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: The Review Exchange. Reply with quote

And with the brand new CP update, comes an update from me about getting a steady flow of reviews onto the site.

Here's the plan. You reply to this post, listing what games of yours you would like me to review. I'm planning on reviewing at least three games a week. As soon as the review for one of your games goes up from me, you have a week to review any game you like on the gamelist(except one of your own, obviously). For each review I do, you do one, and everybody wins. Sound like a good deal? Hint: It is.

For the sake of brevity, I'll only be reviewing games below the five hour mark. Not that I don't want to review SoJ or FF:H, but it would probably be the only game I'd get to that week, and we're trying to create an influx of reviews here. If you're really dying to get your super-long game reviewed, send me a PM and we'll work something out.

If your repay review isn't accepted because of a quality issue, you need to rewrite it till it clears. If you decide not to repay my review with one of your own, I won't be reviewing anymore of your games until you do. Which means if you're desperately busy with school/work/etc right now, it's probably not a good idea to ask for a review you can't repay.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to get back to reviewing, so lets hear those requests!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fernurion
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds fair. Alright, I'd like to put my 48 hour contest entry up for review, Achilles Oasis. I'll admit the game is bad, But I would like some constructive crittisism before I continue work on it (or trash the idea).
JSH357

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHR House 2, Thanksgiving Quest, and #jsh no ingles are all ready for your firey lashes. I dunno what I'm going to review in return. I guess SoJ, but it probably won't need many more reviews within the week.

Last edited by JSH357 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpyJim Episode I: Fatal Attraction. And the review had better give me the inspiration for episode II.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see another review of Bliss.
Pako the True G
pako

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you review the game i just entered? Its just a demo though so please grade accordingly.
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to Pako's comment, (This may be a bit off-topic) but how in the hell does one "Grade Accordingly"? You can't just pretend how much you'd like it when it's finished, you can only review something on what you've seen. If you wanted them to grade accordingly, you should ask them to do a preview or somesuch.

As for CN, you could probably review all of my games twice, and not take up five hours of your time. Review whatever you want, and I'll do my damndest to review some other stuff. I've been meaning to rip some games some new ones, and this may just be the inspiration old Cranky Kong needs to do it.
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizmog1 wrote:
I've been meaning to rip some games some new ones

Should I be afraid? Really confused

Anyway, any one of my (crappy) games are reviewable(Boy, am I asking for it...) I will try to review anything I can. Ha ha ha!

My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
RedMaverickZero
Three pointed, red disaster!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you review Kingdom Hearts OHR and The Parole Officer, I will review two games as well.
Pako the True G
pako

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i meant was dont give me a bad grade just because its not complete, alot of people did that on the other sites i went to and i didnt want someone to do it to me.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Fernurion, Achilles Oasis now has its review up, I'll be looking forward to your future work and your future review.

Next up is JSH.
Oh, and for everyone who submitted multiple games for review...
I'll be reviewing only one of your games for now, once you've returned the favor and reviewed a game, I'll select another game from your list to review. This way, hopefully I won't get screwed into reviewing a bunch of games from someone sleazy. Not that I don't trust all of you completely, of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JSH357

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssst an idea for counter-reviews: go on the main page and review whatever game comes up as the 'random game.'
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really mean to request more than one game. I suppose, preferentially, I'd like to have Halloween No Ingles, or The Giz No Ingles reviewed, if not the original Habla No Ingles. Any of the three of those would be best, but any which one you decide to choose of mine is a-one okay with me, Gi Joe.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSH, JSH No Ingles has been reviewed. Thank you for creating a game that punched me in the balls and took a piss on my shoes.

Next up is SpyJim, I only hope I can survive.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for fuck's sake.

A mix-up in CP's gamelist meant I reviewed Leon's terrible SoJ ripoff instead of the actual JSH no Ingles. Since I cut into JSH in the review, I can't even just redirect it to Leon's new game. Sorry JSH, looks like it's going to be another day. Props to Giz for pointing ithis horrible mistake out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: