Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

About Lost Memories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireEmblemPride
75% Cotten.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: About Lost Memories Reply with quote

Sorry for the extremely long time it is taking me to make this game..
It is a little outta my leagus as a n00bie... but I am still working on it! Don't worry! I'm not about to let the first game I ever made become cancelled! NO! NEVER!!! Really confused

Uh, anyways...

Had to downgrade a bit on the game, like I had to remove two of the races from the roster... the OHR couldn't handle the amount of characters there would have been (altogether there would be 70, while the OHR can only handle 59 chars).

I WILL get a screenshot up, perhaps the title screen.... eh.

Anyways, just telling this to everyone so that they will know that this game is NOT dead. Had to get it off my chest, seeing as I have not posted up anything about it in a while.

Thanks! Ha ha ha!
Do you think it is possible to unfinish a book? Like, if you read a book from beginning to end, you finish it, right? But if you read it from end to beginning afterward, is it UNFINISHED? Does the same apply to magazines?
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a boooooooooring post. Next time, hold off until you actually have something to show for your work. "I'm still working on your game" isn't exactly annoucement forum material.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FireEmblemPride
75% Cotten.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I would have never posted this up in the first place, if it were not for the fact that I was getting extremely stressed out for not having a demo released about a week after I posted up an announcement for it (like everyone else somehow manages to do), and was afraid people would automatically assume it for dead. Caught up in my own paranoia... Oookay... Sorry.
Do you think it is possible to unfinish a book? Like, if you read a book from beginning to end, you finish it, right? But if you read it from end to beginning afterward, is it UNFINISHED? Does the same apply to magazines?
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire, not to depress you or anything, but nobody cares about your game. And if you're seriously worried about what other people think or don't think about your game's progress, I strongly suggest you get out of game design, because to make a good game, you're going to need a lot more then rushing to satisfy an imaginary audience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though what CN is correct, it doesn't really take much to get the community interested, usually a screenshot or two'll do it. If you ahve some, you may consider posting them on this thread (as this thread seems a bit...empty as is)
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Fire. I'm sure your game will be a decent one.
(Hopefully it'll be better than my games Oookay... )
Good luck to you Happy
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
junahu
Custom Title: 45 character limit

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto.

even if it turns out to be a bad game, you'd still deserve credit for putting in the effort, knowing there would be no financial gain to be had.
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos Nyte wrote:
Fire, not to depress you or anything, but nobody cares about your game. And if you're seriously worried about what other people think or don't think about your game's progress, I strongly suggest you get out of game design, because to make a good game, you're going to need a lot more then rushing to satisfy an imaginary audience.

Well, Cn is concerned about Fire. Maybe not his game, but the person.

FYI, Fire... Don't take the bad comments to heart as often as the good ones.

Shadow made a good comment on the thread. Sparrow wished you luck. And I would like to advise you to blow the critics away with super plot scripts. A lot of people have moved their bars pf expectation up to the impressive original plot scriptimg area. Impress them. Razz

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
FireEmblemPride
75% Cotten.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. This has really inspired me to keep working on this game. BTW, Chaos, sorry if I gave you the idea that I thought everyone would want to download this game as soon as it came out. I know for a fact that people have better things to do than wait for a game that has a long ways to go before it is demo-worthy all month long. But then again, you really cannot speak for everyone by saying that NO ONE cares about the game... I mean, there has to be at least one or two, by the looks of it.
You might not care about the game, which I respect for everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yeesh. I was really hoping that this would be one of those post that would get next to no replies, but now... What?!?!

Um, let's stop this madness and not make any more replies to this thread, eh? Oookay...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: