Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Spriting Contest The Second!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Choose your favorite monster!
Squall's evil peeping tom eye-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Aeth's Pryosan, the free-floating fire elemental-
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Friend's battle-ready female cleric of Iona-
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Blazes Battles unstoppable chain-gun wielding goldfish-
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Shadowiii's tree-trunk, skull for a head, Empty-
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Retro's prison guard, bad-asses Halfmoon-
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Inferior Minion's stick figure of doom, ASCIICKER-
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Sephyroth's One-Winged Leviathan-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BaitshopBob's terrifying robotic clown-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Synial's inbred cousin, Geech the Grate
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Fenrir-Lunaris's kung-fu fighting penguin Zetes-
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Sew's drunken dog-
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
The Lone Chimaera's Dark Angel Eris-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rpeanut's creepy Playstation 2-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mr. B's rather charred firebeast-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mythril Man's tennis ball from HELL-
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Gizmog1's magically magical, Magic Pig-
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Cube's pissed off Snaolverike-
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Misteroo's ghost-like Possessd-
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Alvanista's purple knight, The Phantom Mail-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Grandtrain's dream of the future, Turtopolis-
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
CN's kobold stomping Safock-Witch-
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can see why no one is critiquing, since their are so many entries. I'd like if everyone could pick their three favorite, and talk about them, since we all deserve feed back.

1. GizMog1'a entry Magic pig- Too often we draw our enemies static, and I think his entry showed that enemy encounters should be more dramatic. It's an element I intend to make the most of in future graphics. Of course, this says nothing for the pure wackiness of a flying, cannibal pig.

2. Misteroo's Possessd- Even with the silly name, I love how the enemy's color stand out and it's clearly outworldly with a dramatic posture. Very cool.

3. Retro's Halfmoon- Great use of colors make me wonder why I can't get anywhere near his level of talent even with an extra 13 colors. Very impressive work.

Honorable mentions-
Orchard's cleric- Good use of colors, but they looked more emotionless then your description.

Blazes' fish- I love how unique it is, but the situation is flat. If the fish was firing madly with a crazy look on his face, it'd be perfect.

BaitshopBob's clown- It's unique, and creepy, but again, notice static it is. Your hero is great, nice ready posture, while the clown is just standing there. You've got real talent.

Synial's Geech- Other then the unshaded wheelchair, my biggest qualm was that you painted this really interesting scene, with spitting goats and horrible attacks, and it's just Geech in his wheel chair. Still, it can't be denied that you submitted one disturbing enemy.

Fenrir- Oh man...an overweight, kung-fu penguin? Awesome.

Mr. B- Great stuff. If you had just picked one entry and went with it in more detail, it would have been a much more concise entry.

Grandtrain- Ehehehehehe. I'd hate to be the hero who has to fight your entry.

To everyone else- Thanks for entering, and I hope the contest helped you improve your graphics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grandtrain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrogamer - The level of detail in the drawing is amazing. I'll go as far as to say that this is better than some professional sprites.

Fenrir and SYnial - Another entry that I can't believe could be made with the OHR. It looks like it was ripped straight out of a comic book.

BaitshopBob - Love the picture, especially the hand. My biggest problem with the picture is that green stuff on the stomach. It doesn’t look like it fits with the rest of the body.

Friend - It is very pretty, but a lot of the other entries were much more unique.
Misteroo
Castle Guard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here goes!

Mythril: The tennis ball reminds me of The Mask a lot--y'know, that Jim Carrey movie from about 8 years ago. It's pretty neat, and the expression's really cool. The only thing I can recommend is using a few more shades of green to make it look better.

Lunaris: ...That penguin is just plain adorable. It's fiendishly cute, yet also maintains a rather dangerous appearance at the same time. I wouldn't want to fight him O.o;

Friend: This entry is by far the most unoriginal. But I do not &#%^& care about that--THIS is the best-drawn entry in the conest o_o; I wouldn't have guessed that you had 16 colors to work with to draw it. It's like... professional quality. You get my vote ^_^;

Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I got one vote! And that was...(drumroll)...mine!

Oookay...
BaitshopBob
One disgruntled Scottish American

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting was not easy because there were so many great entries.

1. Inferior Minion - ASCIICKER: You got my vote. This contest is about creativity and originality, and your monster was definately the most unique. Good job with that whole thinking outside of the box thingy.

2. Synial - Geech The Grate: This is excellent. It is very creative and very well drawn, but it would've been nice to see more than one color used for his cart.

3. Friend - Female Cleric: This is by far one of the best pieces made in the OHRRPGCE. It looks very proffessional. On-the-other-hand it wasn't as creative as several other entries, but you have real talent. Keep up the good work!

Praise also goes to the Half-Moon entry for its old school appeal.

Art imitates life. If life imitated art there would be a lot more naked people around.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the winner is a tie between Fenris entry and Blazes. Great job both of you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: