Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Presenting my art to those who care

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Presenting my art to those who care Reply with quote

Since I'm attending these boards a bit more often, and I realized that I have artwork, I'm posting the page here.
http://machu.0catch.com/art.html
I could re-upload these if I receive enough feedback.
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the castle and the snakes. The samurai was pretty neat, and the folds in his clothes were right on, but I didn't care much for the fanart... It just wasn't really...good. Sorry, but that's the way it is. The "pain" drawing had an incredibly long right arm, though I'm guessing that was intentional, as the entire drawing was rather abstract.

Keep on trucking, man. You got some decent stuff here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you reveal your artwork sooner, Machu?
This is some quality stuff.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sephy99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ninja scratchboard is rather... bare. A problem many people do with scratchboards is they neglect shading. Instead of making the mask solid white you should gradient the edges with dots to progressively reach the pure black base. I've also found that because scratchboard is such a tedius medium, the picture will always reflect how much time you spend on it. Last year I made a realistic scratchboard of a girl at my school and it took me over about three weeks to complete (and my hand felt like jelly afterward.)

It also helps to start with the lightest area (usually solid white) and work your way outward.
Dark SKell Angel
über beer drinker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are part of a style that I dont like pretty much Dead , but theyre still pretty cool. The samurai looks a litle bit like a "Hoshin" style character, and its pretty neat Razz exept for the guy expressing anger, wich I find "unactrative".
On a side note, I wonder whos that guy in the trappers boat pic, thats in the middle

Old skool RPGexcel member
Hunter Green
About to beat this double head with a pipe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir, your sig image is seriously out of control.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, that's huge.

EDIT: Better now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool castle... MYYYYNNNEEEE!!! Sorry. Always gotta get a little energy out in mah posts... I like the castle. The ninja almost made me soil myself (gaaack) The fan art was accurate. I dont think that many people are tenchi fans, so they don go easy on those who are... I get this information when I hear other people talking about how stupid it was.
(not my oppinion at all...) Do you take pictures of a river when you draw one? The fur trappers was nifty. I like the whole adventure, and new possibilities theme a lot. If you dont take pictures of things, it is good to do untill your drawings are flawless.
Go take a picture and copy it! GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

(-from the desk of my moms computer = no quotation or apostrophe marks.) Oookay...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Uncommon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroy, if I didn't care about Tenchi, it wouldn't make a difference. I tell people exactly what I think, and Machu's fanart is a bit off.

I used to watch Tenchi, by the way.
Machu
Righter, a person who rights wrongs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, I realized that we have a "real" digital camera now, so I redid all the pictures that didn't fit in the scanner (quite a bit of them). You may as well look over them again.

(the following quotes are paraphrases)
Quote:
[fanart is inaccurate]

Yes, I realize this.

Quote:
[scratchboard is incomplete]

I said that.

Quote:
[did you draw a river?]

No, that was a painting. A really spiffy painting, mind you, but it was in the art textbook so I can't provide the original.

I'm really glad that this board gave some feedback. I appreciate your comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: