Gamelist Review List Song List Watched Journals Forum IRC Gamelist Song List Review List Forum Articles IRC Log Out Add Game Edit Games Add Reviews Edit Reviews Add Songs Edit Songs Log Out Edit Games Edit Reviews Edit Songs Sign Up Log In My Journal My Game Journals Watched Journals All Journals Journal Settings All Journals About Us Staff FAQ
Castle Paradox
Title Bar
Log In Box
 
______  
[more]
Decision 08!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner



Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Posts: 3378
Location: Seattle, WA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
It's just the way I talk. I always say "it's a fact". It usually effectively turns the debate over to me.
What? Who do you debate with?


Quote:
It's not fair that only I get a lecture when I am clearly one of the most mature people here.
Are you being ironic? Because if so, this is really funny.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Camdog




Joined: 08 Aug 2003
Posts: 606

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who responded angrily were merely matching your tone. They aren't as culpable as you, and that's why you're being lectured, not them.

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
I did mention that some people referenced. I could reference too, but my sources wouldn't be considered credible, because people are still biased to wacko liberal sources.


Please reference them. I'm genuinely curious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwinHamster
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫




Joined: 07 Mar 2004
Posts: 1352

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroy wrote:
It still stands that no one but me got a lecture today even though some of the responses I received were nothing short of vicious. I DEMAND that there be justice. Lecture everyone who was flaming me. NOW. It's not fair that only I get a lecture when I am clearly one of the most mature people here.


Who are you expecting to give a lecture on your behalf?
If you have a point, do it yourself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
LongeBane




Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 313
Location: Tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
I did mention that some people referenced. I could reference too, but my sources wouldn't be considered credible, because people are still biased to wacko liberal sources.

It's just the way I talk. I always say "it's a fact". It usually effectively turns the debate over to me. However, using sources would only help. I can agree with you there.

It still stands that no one but me got a lecture today even though some of the responses I received were nothing short of vicious. I DEMAND that there be justice. Lecture everyone who was flaming me. NOW. It's not fair that only I get a lecture when I am clearly one of the most mature people here.


Your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Others may have denied it, but I do see a level of maturity coming from you.

BUT. There's a difference here. You are certainly one of the people who TRIES the most to be mature here. But the end result is less than satisfactory. What you need is to redefine what you think mature means, because it clearly is not working. CLEARLY. If you were mature, you would begin to become more aware of that after you finish reading this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder




Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 746

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, did you guys know anyone with the last name of Leroy is from a family of inbred, mentally challenged pedophilliacs? I'd cite my sources, but most of you guys only believe in that wacko 'legitimate' source stuff anyway, so there's no need to post any proof, because what I say is 100% true.
_________________
http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=750 Bloodlust Demo 1.00

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Wobbler




Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 2233

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroy: Show me proof that McCain wants everyone to be rich. Give me a reason why, even if he said this, even if ANY POLITICIAN SAID THIS, you would believe it.

Explain how you can strongly dislike Bush and then support a man who was a big supporter for eight years.

You say Obama "Wants an end to racism; the racism that he instigated himself by letting his party wave the race flag during his campaign, I might add." Back this up. He has not been bragging about the fact that he's black. He has tried not to make race a major factor in this campaign. Some supporters have made it that way because they're proud to see previously non-existent racial diversity in a presidential race. Saying "I'm proud to see a black man as president" is not racist. Saying "They find a Democrat who believes in the same liberal ideals, who is of a different ethnicity than the past presidents, and who has an ivy league education and millions of supporters world wide.
BLAMMO! They have 3 HUGE elements working with them. Liberalism, Guilt, and Credibility" is. You're suggesting that part of the reason people support Obama is WHITE GUILT.


This is retarded shit no matter which candidate you support: "The liberals thought they would put a fake Conservative in office who calls himself "Republican" and have him make a bunch of mistakes. Then they simply have to play the "We had a Republican in office for the last 8 years and it's time for a Democrat" card. This strategy would be BRILLIANT if it wasn't so inherently retarded to begin with." Prove this.

Prove this too: "Communists have had our country in their grip since the Clinton years"

How about this? It's you, comparing Obama to Hitler because he's a good speaker: "Obama, the great orator (much like Hitler, actually)" Are you seriously saying that having charisma and being able to speak well is a BAD THING? Hitler was a bad man because of his actions and his policies, not because he was charismatic.

"Ok, what do the Liberals all want? Power. Money, obviously." Hey here's a hint, every politician in Washington, liberal or conservative, wants these things. Power and money are not necessarily evil.

"They want Socialism and then Communism." If their objective is Communism then they wouldn't be desperate for money and power and god damn it Leroy you have no idea what Communism even means.

"Please choose McCain. If you value your freedoms and more importantly, your choice of video games... Hillary supports Barrak." Tell me what freedoms Obama is going to take from you. Show me any evidence that he's going to affect video games. Show me evidence that Hillary Clinton would have any significant affect on Obama's policies at all. Explain how you can believe that a liberal government would be more censorship happy than a conservative one.

"Everything Obama says is a lie to get votes." Everything? Oh really? How about some proof there? Both candidates have said their share of lies and both have said their share of truths. Every politician lies or distorts truths. Obama is not being 100% honest in everything he says, because if he was, it would cost votes. However, the EXACT SAME THING is true of EVERY POLITICIAN EVER.

"What will happen if Russia takes over? SIMPLE! We will lose most of our freedoms and the Mexicans will probably go back to Mexico because OUR great country will suck worse than theirs.

Did you know Russians KILL people who have different opinions as the guy in charge? They poison them." This is racist, fear-mongering, shit. Yes, there have been assassinations in Russia. There have also been assassinations in pretty much every nation in the history of civilization. Both liberal and conservative presidents of the US have been shot at.

You really think the Russians are trying to take over America? SERIOUSLY? It's an insane conspiracy that's been dead since the 60's. Have you looked at Russia's economy and stability lately? They're not doing too spectacular themselves. I'm fairly sure they could not orchestrate mass, global shadow government conspiracies at this time.

You didn't write this, but you said you support this position: "You know how the Russians managed to corrupt us? Public School System. RUn by the government, and hires teachers that are liberally biased. Thus creating their indoctrination system. It's the reason why Democrats hate home schooling. Because those that don't go to public school can't be easily swayed by their indoctrination practices." Evidence. Show me ANYTHING AT ALL that shows that Russians are secretly controlling the US education system. No sane person, LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE, will believe you. The reason you'll only be able to cite sources from insane, fringe writers is because they're insane and no credible person on any side of the aisle would ever listen to them.

I'm going to quote the friend you support again because holy shit how can anyone even respond to this one? "However, I am more than likely sure this whole concept was conspired by the democrats in order to create a race war. This will become the second Civil War in America due to this presidential race being between a mulatto and the oldest man to possibly ascend to presidency. If Obama doesn't win, we're all racists... If Obama wins, it's a backslash against the elderly." Are you fucking kidding me? You willingly associate with someone this crazy, and then tell them you support them?

I can respect someone whether they support McCain or Obama. I can't respect someone who spouts batshit insane conspiracy theories and has no apparent grasp on reality.

You, Leroy, have no grasp on reality. Your opinions come entirely from McCain's political machine spin, the same type of spin that Obama uses and you bitch about, or from the lunatic fringe. I'm not even writing as a supporter of Obama, I'm writing as a supporter of sane, rational human beings, of which you are neither.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT




Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 1747

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have preferred Ron Paul.

My election plans this year are to find which of my state representatives and senators voted for the 700+ Billion bailout, and then vote against them. Biggest betrayal of public trust I've seen since the Iraq War.

Except we're still fighting there too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder




Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 746

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I miss this.

How did I miss this?

Leroy Leo wrote:

Please choose McCain. If you value your freedoms and more importantly, your choice of video games...


Leroy Leo wrote:

Please choose McCain. If you value your freedoms and more importantly, your choice of video games...


Leroy Leo wrote:

Please choose McCain. If you value your freedoms and more importantly, your choice of video games...


Leroy Leo wrote:

Please choose McCain. If you value your freedoms and more importantly, your choice of video games...


Leroy Leo wrote:
My logic is, Freedom > Video Games

_________________
http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=750 Bloodlust Demo 1.00

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Wobbler




Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 2233

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the < backwards, but yeah. Jesus christ Leroy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LongeBane




Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 313
Location: Tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, choice of video games IS a freedom. So he was only building up on the same thought, not comparing it. Jesus christ you guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Wobbler




Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 2233

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's not how English works. "If you value X and Y" does not mean X = Y. I mean, yes, choice of video games is a freedom, but that's not what he was saying. It's also an extremely stupid argument because no one is going to ban video games. It's been attempted and failed by people far more extreme than Hillary Clinton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LongeBane




Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 313
Location: Tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surlaw wrote:
No, that's not how English works. "If you value X and Y" does not mean X = Y. I mean, yes, choice of video games is a freedom, but that's not what he was saying. It's also an extremely stupid argument because no one is going to ban video games. It's been attempted and failed by people far more extreme than Hillary Clinton.


Yes I agree that's a very stupid argument.


By the way, it isn't X and Y. The second statement is not Y, it's a subset of X. So, it's like, Here is X(), but more importantly, you should look at a specific range in X.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 2683
Location: The dead-center of your brain!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may disagree with most of my theories, but you have to remember that they are only theories until proven. If you would calm down for a second, you might find that you and I are a lot more similar than we are different.
I am pulling for these theories, but I do not believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are fact YET. I do think there is a possibility that I am right, and if I am, God help America.
I have said it once, and I'll say it again. We shall wait and see. That is probably the most mature thing any of us can say, and cannot be denied.
We shall see... I admit I am not 100% sane, and I consider it a great gift, because sanity means inactivity. Remember Hamlet? It was only after he lost his sanity that he began to act. I shouldn't need to prove that, because I am sure many of you have read/seen that play. I guess my point is, do not treat the word "insane" like it is an insult. When I am sane, I am calm. However, when I am insane, I act.
I'll reiterate, maybe I was a bit rude in my tone. I could have taken a lot more calm, collected, articulate approach. I still see Barak as a great threat, and I have actual proof, and it makes sense to me. He says he will give financial support to our enemies. He said we were going to spread wealth around. He's changed his plan a couple times in reaction to people far saner than me who have called him out. It's John Kerry X10 + BLATANT Communism. Far more intellectual people than me have said it, so I think one of us needs to learn what Communism is. Did you all miss that? I am sorry if you did.
_________________
Planning Project Blood Summons, an MMORPG which will incinerate all of the others with it's sheer brilliance...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 2683
Location: The dead-center of your brain!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camdog wrote:
The people who responded angrily were merely matching your tone. They aren't as culpable as you, and that's why you're being lectured, not them.

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
I did mention that some people referenced. I could reference too, but my sources wouldn't be considered credible, because people are still biased to wacko liberal sources.


Please reference them. I'm genuinely curious.


That is not justification. Two wrongs DO NOT make a right.

I will have an excellent journal very soon with multiple articles from articulate, intelligent writers who see what I see. Albeit they are a sight less extreme. I expect you should LOVE these articles. They're actually quite funny.
_________________
Planning Project Blood Summons, an MMORPG which will incinerate all of the others with it's sheer brilliance...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Uncommon
His legend will never die




Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
He said we were going to spread wealth around.

Technically, John McCain said that about Obama. This is the very definition of spin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All games, songs, and images © their respective owners.
Terms of Service
©2008 Castle Paradox