Gamelist Review List Song List Watched Journals Forum IRC Gamelist Song List Review List Forum Articles IRC Log Out Add Game Edit Games Add Reviews Edit Reviews Add Songs Edit Songs Log Out Edit Games Edit Reviews Edit Songs Sign Up Log In My Journal My Game Journals Watched Journals All Journals Journal Settings All Journals About Us Staff FAQ
Castle Paradox
Title Bar
Log In Box
 
______  
[more]
Decision 08!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Wobbler




Joined: 06 Feb 2003
Posts: 2233

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: This is a waste of time, people this obsessive are impossible to convince of anything. If you want to debate do it on my forum, I'm not getting banned here for what I really want to say to you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncommon
His legend will never die




Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Seriously. Just...wow.
It takes a lot to get me to post here these days, and I've built a considerable tolerance for stupidity in recent years, but Leroy, you always manage to take the cake.

All I'm gonna say is that it's not just the "liberals" who count on ignorance to get votes, and you're even more a victim of spin than you're accusing anyone else of being here, Leroy. Try getting your info from more than Fox News, buddy.

I mean, really? Really? You're faulting the guy for trying to help end world poverty? Seriously? Well, you better be careful, 'cos I heard he was out giving candy to little kids, too! That's right, American children! That's the children of YOU and ME! The audacity!

Less than 45%? Seriously? D-do you even, I mean, can there even be documentation to support this? DeviantArt comments don't even count, it's ridiculous to think they could.

Seriously? I mean...dude, come on!
I'm washing my hands of this, there's no way this is even happening.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jack
the fool




Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 774

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my ass is bleeding, leroy.

you wanna know why?

i can't handle this much crap.

No, no, no... No, no, no...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder




Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 746

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surlaw wrote:
Edit: This is a waste of time, people this obsessive are impossible to convince of anything. If you want to debate do it on my forum, I'm not getting banned here for what I really want to say to you.


Leroy Little, in case you're not smart enough to find the forums and get lost on the internet LOLOLOMFGWTFsTFU!!!11 here's the link to the debate battleground:

http://www.superwalrusland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=371
_________________
http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=750 Bloodlust Demo 1.00

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 2683
Location: The dead-center of your brain!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't even know why I wasted my time here.
All I get are unintelligent insults thrown at me. Unintelligible is the kindest thing I can say.
What? No matter how intelligent I sound I will always just sound like a monkey to you guys. Is that it?
You're lucky I have more decency than you, or I'd get Minnek to hack all of your computers. But, no. I will tolerate this idiocy.

Let's begin...

Surlaw wrote:
Edit: This is a waste of time, people this obsessive are impossible to convince of anything. If you want to debate do it on my forum, I'm not getting banned here for what I really want to say to you.


That's all you do, PHC. Insult and belittle. Very seldom do I hear anything useful out of your internet mouth. I'm going to win whether Obama wins or not. If he wins and turns out to be good for this country, I'll benefit from it. If he turns out to be horrible, I win again, because I called it. You see the position I am in? Let me tell you, It's quite comfortable.

Also, I am going to do the smart thing and not try to convince anyone here of anything. Logic has gone out the window.

Uncommon wrote:
Wow. Seriously. Just...wow.
It takes a lot to get me to post here these days, and I've built a considerable tolerance for stupidity in recent years, but Leroy, you always manage to take the cake.

All I'm gonna say is that it's not just the "liberals" who count on ignorance to get votes, and you're even more a victim of spin than you're accusing anyone else of being here, Leroy. Try getting your info from more than Fox News, buddy.

I mean, really? Really? You're faulting the guy for trying to help end world poverty? Seriously? Well, you better be careful, 'cos I heard he was out giving candy to little kids, too! That's right, American children! That's the children of YOU and ME! The audacity!

Less than 45%? Seriously? D-do you even, I mean, can there even be documentation to support this? DeviantArt comments don't even count, it's ridiculous to think they could.

Seriously? I mean...dude, come on!
I'm washing my hands of this, there's no way this is even happening.


Unc, you really need to get a grip. How can anything I am saying be THAT BAD? If anything, I should be the one scrubbing my brain tediously due to all the asinine responses I have been getting. Where is the civility?! I am thoroughly outraged that you think of me as unintellectual when I speak twice as elegantly as anyone else in this thread, aside from Camdog, who was very pleasant.
Also, I get my information from across the aisle all the time. Conservatism just makes more sense. Liberalism, you should know, is a disease.

Jack wrote:
my ass is bleeding, leroy.

you wanna know why?

i can't handle this much crap.

No, no, no... No, no, no...


That's actually quite funny. Now get over it. What I am saying is just another way to look at things.
_________________
Planning Project Blood Summons, an MMORPG which will incinerate all of the others with it's sheer brilliance...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT




Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 1747

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder




Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 746

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a 15 year old, you sure do have a lot of 'elegance' Leroy.

But beyond that you're a laugh and a half. You post as if the crazy things you say is correct and true, yet when others are offended by the fact you started by treating us like we're idiots, you go off about how now you're not only correct, but intellectual and reasonable.

Yeah. Sure. Always the 15 year old's who think they're a know it all (no offense to other 15 year old's).
_________________
http://www.castleparadox.com/gamelist-display.php?game=750 Bloodlust Demo 1.00

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner



Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Posts: 3378
Location: Seattle, WA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
I'm going to win whether Obama wins or not. If he wins and turns out to be good for this country, I'll benefit from it. If he turns out to be horrible, I win again, because I called it. You see the position I am in? Let me tell you, It's quite comfortable.


Unless McCain wins.

Oh wait.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Uncommon
His legend will never die




Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, kid. I'm past the shock and incredulity, let's go through this civilly, if that's really what you think you're doing, though "elegant speaking" as you call it and civil discussion are really very different things.

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
How can anything I am saying be THAT BAD?


Uncommon wrote:
Really? You're faulting the guy for trying to help end world poverty? Seriously?

I'm hoping juxtaposition will help this process. Being alright to other people isn't a bad thing. Helping people not fucking starve to death is, in fact, a good thing, don't even start with your blaming-the-victim bullshit. Faulting a guy for doing good things is ridiculous.

Saying that only 45% of Americans pay taxes, especially without anything to back it up, is almost as ridiculous. Basing entire arguments off of it is not an intelligent way to debate. Back up your facts if you're going to base your side of the thing on them, don't just tell us to do it ourselves.

Leroy_Leo wrote:
Also, I get my information from across the aisle all the time.

Okay, so I guess you listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, too. But if you really had a full, unbiased intake of the news from, as you say, across the board, none of the far past refuted and outright outlandish claims you're making would still be here, unless you completely rejected and/or ignored news sources that disagreed with your point of view. The "facts" you're giving evidence an entirely one-sided view of the whole affair.
You sound like you're just repeating everything McCain has said, which is why I've said you're a bigger victim of spin than anyone else in the argument. The fact that people are calling you on it, people from both camps (i know Giz, he's no lefty by a long shot), lends credence to this conclusion.

Leroy_Leo wrote:
Liberalism, you should know, is a disease.

Not saying it isn't, but Conservatism is just as bad (i'd be inclined to say worse, but won't because i can't claim neutrality on that). Trust me, I've lived around them my whole life, I might even have been one before. Conservatism is based on just as much herd tactics, thoughtless arguments, and blind loyalty (in addition to lust for power and greed) as you're claiming Liberalism is based on. In the wise words of Andre Benjamin, "I know you like to think your shit don't stank, but lean a little bit closer." You're coming from an rather extreme end of the spectrum, where even something moderately right looks leftist, and this isn't a pretty close-minded, unfair, and reactionary stance to take if you're going to criticize everyone else's beliefs on the matter.

For the record, I may lean to the left, but I'm a liberal by no means. I am a capitalist, but I don't think giving the people who have the history, desire, and/or greed of exploiting the hell out of everyone they're given the chance to should be given the means to do so. Remember all those stories, Metropolis did it first, but you'll no doubt be more familiar with Final Fantasy 7, where the people in charge lived in the lap of luxury while everyone else lives in poverty and oppression? Do you think it's really the fault of the people at the bottom? Do you really think they ever had the opportunity to live a better life than what they had? If you do, maybe you don't understand the word oppression.

This isn't just an extreme I'm using for argument's sake, that situation exists in countries around the world, the same countries this Global Poverty Act was created to help. And unregulated, that's the situation these businesses would bring to the U.S. Hell, it's a situation we're in the middle of. And where do you, personally think you'd fall in that situation? You really think you'd be at the top? Don't be delusional.

Here's the simple fact of the matter, putting a little more tax on those 5% who have the money to afford it, it isn't going to bleed the rest of the nation. I don't even know where you got that idea. But that's the general idea of income tax, the more income you have, the more tax you pay. Trickle-down economics don't work. You give money to the people at the top, they'll keep it. Whose hands do you think the money the 95% will get back in tax cuts will eventually end up in? That money will be used to pay bills, make purchases, etc. etc. The things money is used for, at in doing so will end up with the 5% anyway, it's just that the 95% will be better off in the end.

But I can make the best argument there ever was, but when you're as far in your corner as you are, it's not going to make much difference. But if people doubt your intelligence, man, it's all your track record. You're the same guy who said everything we do was probably already done by aliens somewhere, and you may say that was in the past or that it was just an analogy you were trying to draw, but suspecting a huge liberal conspiracy putting Bush in office so that the Democrats could come back in eight years and use him as an example of how the country can't trust Republicans? You don't think that couldn't be reaching just a bit, especially considering it was your people who nominated him, threw him a convention, endorsed him, and everything? You have a history of being disconnected from reality.
Not to mention you're expressing views that are normally shared by every idiot redneck and the televangelist preachers they so eagerly follow.

But I've said enough here as is. It's your turn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LeRoy_Leo
Project manager
Class S Minstrel



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 2683
Location: The dead-center of your brain!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU, Uncommon. That was the civil, enlightening post I required. I can calm down a little bit now.
Still, I do think trickle-down economics will take effect unless Obama makes it law that the rich can't squeeze the poor if the government squeezes them. That is the ONLY WAY that will work. Make them pay more and they'll make us pay more just so they can have their island vacations every year. Trust me. But let's not demonize all rich people. I've known some pretty generous, well-to-do people who are constantly giving a % of their money to various charities.

All I am saying is I am against bigger government, against redistribution of wealth, and against any other form of communism. Is that so wrong?

And I don't know if this helps my case at all, but I am 22...
_________________
Planning Project Blood Summons, an MMORPG which will incinerate all of the others with it's sheer brilliance...

---msw188 ---
"Seriously James, you keep rolling out the awesome like gingerbread men on a horror-movie assembly line. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Uncommon
His legend will never die




Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
Still, I do think trickle-down economics will take effect unless Obama makes it law that the rich can't squeeze the poor if the government squeezes them.

Not what Trickle-down means. Trickle-down is where you give tax breaks to the rich and take it on the honor system that they'll bring the savings on to the rest of us.

Quote:
Make them pay more and they'll make us pay more just so they can have their island vacations every year. Trust me.

Still not how economics works. Like I said, all that tax relief will end up in their hands, anyhow. I'm really not worried about this too much, but like I said, this is why we can't let business go completely unregulated.

Quote:
I've known some pretty generous, well-to-do people who are constantly giving a % of their money to various charities.

Now, is the difference here that they're giving it on their own or what? I think giving to charities is by no means an obligation of a rich person, just, you know, if they want to.

Quote:
All I am saying is I am against bigger government, against redistribution of wealth, and against any other form of communism. Is that so wrong?

And I don't know if this helps my case at all, but I am 22...

Having a belief and letting that belief become extreme and unreasonable are different things. I'm not crazy about socialism myself, but like I said before, a healthy amount of government regulation can be a necessary evil.
And the age is irrelevant. I'm 22, I know a lot of people who are 22. Being 22 is about the only thing all 22-year-olds will have in common.
(hell i had to explain that communism and dictatorship are two different things to another 22-year-old barely a week ago; it took two hours)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster



Joined: 01 Feb 2003
Posts: 1232

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to vote this thread up? I love it. 5 stars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!




Joined: 05 Mar 2003
Posts: 2257
Location: Lurking In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should remind anyone worried about getting banned, that IM's always said the journals are the jurisdiction of it's creator, and that so long as nothing illegal's posted, there won't be punishments doled out here.

Quote:
So you don't think the people who give us our jobs and make our prices should get a tax cut too? Are you suggesting they aren't Human too? Are you jealous of them? I like 100% a lot better than 95%, even though 95% is unrealistic.


What jobs?! It's harder to get a job every day, and most of the jobs available pay minimum wage. You remember, the minimum wage that hasn't gone up to match inflation, let alone the cost of living (those prices our good friends keep increasing all the time). Those people are indeed human, but they don't need a tax cut.

Cut the taxes on the rich, and what happens? They've got a few more bucks accumulating interest. Cut the taxes on the poor and middle class, and what happens? They spend! Grandma and Grandpa splurge and have hamburgers instead of cat food. Joe and Jane Cool buy a car that doesn't need to be pushed up hill every morning on the way to work. Mom and Dad can afford to give the kids a little bit of a Christmas for once. And who wins in all of this? Everybody!

The money goes to the people who give it to the stores and businesses, who pay their distributors for more stock, who give it to the big corporations and factories, who make America stronger! It all winds up in the same place, but it goes through more hands if you start at the bottom.

I don't even have to tell you how much of a burden would be relieved by Obama's health care plan. A healthy workforce is a happy workforce, and I think we all win if we can go to Taco Bell without worrying about getting the flu because Pedro can't afford a 500 dollar trip to the doctor.

I will confess, I worry about relying on the government for healthcare, because I have experience with the VA Hospitals through my dad, and experience with Medicare through my grandparents. However, if it wasn't for those programs, neither my Grandfather or my father would be here today. We live in a democracy: if 4 years from now, the government medicine still sucks, we can vote and change it back. Our country can survive 4 years of Democratic rule. I'm not so sure we can handle 4 years of John McCain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
8bit
Clutcher of toes.




Joined: 01 Jul 2008
Posts: 110
Location: In the thoughts and dreams of all the world's children.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy_Leo wrote:
Thank you, 8bit.
That's funny.


Don't thank me. I was just pointing out a funny factual error. If I were to take the time to point out YOUR factual errors, I would be busy all weekend. Let me just say that I think it is comical to post political diatribes on this forum and others like it. I mean really, how is anyone supposed to take your political views seriously when you post them on Deviant Art adjacent to your drawing of "Maguma and Rava: The Mercinary Magi?" One can only assume that you political beliefs spring from the same fantasy-land that your little "Magi" come from. Get a life. And get bent.
_________________
Peace and love. Peace and love. No more autographs. Peace and love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Gizmog1
Don't Lurk In The Bushes!




Joined: 05 Mar 2003
Posts: 2257
Location: Lurking In The Bushes!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8bit wrote:
Get a life. And get bent.


I think I love you, sir. May I please be your apprentice in dissing Leroy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All games, songs, and images © their respective owners.
Terms of Service
©2008 Castle Paradox