Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

My Leave of the OHR Community
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: My Leave of the OHR Community Reply with quote

You heard me...I've been sick for a while so I've given some time to think, and I decided that, even though these boards are great fun, I need to spend more time on my school studies for a while then to work on these boards.

I've been working hard on my game but school, work, and writing have taken the place of most game working time. Plus I believe that my "game" could be better expressed in a story format then in a game format and this it will be temporarly suspended. Chaos Nyte was right; Its not going to be out by Mid-March.

I need to spend more time on story-writing and my studies. I enjoy writing (music and storys) alot more then working on the OHR, and thus I believe I can be of no further benifit to these forums. But knowing me, I'll be back in a few months. (of course, me leaving is no great loss anyway. Its not like I ever produced anything...)

With that said, I'll say this: 'Later

::Fin

Last edited by Shadowiii on Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to see you go - you have been one of the more interesting people in the community, and your potential was excellent.

Good luck in all future journeys...and I don't mean journeys like trips Raspberry!
It's been real.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never fear...I can assure you I'll return. With any luck, the time NOT spent on these forums will be time spent on my game.

Edit: My personal issues with the OHR is that I have strengths in some points and weaknesses in others. I also have been very...erm..."stuck up" and I wouldn't allow anyone to teammate with me. But now I have one of my best friends who is willing to work full time on Stop with me...so who knows, maybe I'll be reinspired. Hopefully I'll have a "dramatic comeback" sometime soon...heh.

Anyway, later.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"sigh"
That's the problem with OHR, people plan these massive games, and lose interest quickly. Better if more people set themselves up for shorter games they could actually finish.

Anyway, no need to say good bye Shadowiii, I have a feeling I'll be seeing you some enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Rinku said - the perfect team of two working on a game would be one person who does everything (or almost everything) and another person to keep telling the first person to work on it.
Simply too strong. Simply too beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you later Shadowii.

Ukelele no good!
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that could be my job. You come up to me and say that you're losing interest in your game and I say "GET BACK TO WORK, YOU LAZY PANSY!"

Woo....don't listen to me. I'm in a crazy mood.

Yes, but I'm very sorry that you're leaving. The list of people I look up to is getting pretty short. Er. Not to say I don't look up to you now that you've left or anything. I'll still look up to you, it's just that you'll be gone, well, then you may come back, and I'll have to put your name back on the list...

Kids...don't run track. It does this to you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seth
Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siii, yeah, I agree with Aeth. There aren't many interesting people in the community (time-zone issues) and you seem to be the only one on when I am (except for IM, it's like he's permanently online and doing things). How long are you going for? I left for a week and started to get withdrawls.

Squall, you really gotta give Komera that damn soda.
James Paige

Embattled Productions Home
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know where she lives... I would seriously send her one, though.

Speaking of people leaving the community, I remember when Royal left. I was really ticked. But now he's back and all it well. Moogle1 should be back, while not soon, eventually. I eagerly await it. Man, tons of stuff have changed since he left.

Again on the subject of leaving people, it has come to my attention that I "left" the community 2 times already! I guess I love you guys to much to leave permanently

Laugh Track: "Awww...."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seth
Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komera's postal address is on her site, Squall. (Last time I checked)

Look it up in the memberlist.

Who would want to leave with all these guys in the community? Renz is bigger, I admit, but CP is my home...

Quote:
Laugh track: Awww...

James Paige

Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: I know I'm supossed to be "dead," but... Reply with quote

Something nice to know: I have totally restarted work on Stop, and the time spent not here HAS been spent on it, and in doing so my Mid-March 1% Release Date still stays. The graphics are looking fab (I think my still has been...I don't know. Its easier, heh), and the only thing going a bit slow are maptiles, but thats because my partner (Mr. B) is doing them, heh.

Anyway, I sure talk a lot for a dead guy, but I'd just like to let you know I'll be releaseing something Mid-Late March (Late because I restated work...BAH.)
JSH357

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad world where the undead roam freely.

Febreeze. Febreeze solves everything.
Seth
Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have Febreeze over there?

Febreeze rules.
James Paige

Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, amazing. But Febreeze does NOT solve Cat piss. Won't even touch it. 1 neutered male Cat + An apartment = Unhappy Fenrir. Neutered cats aren't supposed to piss on everything, I don't believe. It even goes on its FOOD. An entire playstation was ruined by this thing's lack of bladder control, which sadly to say, my Grandma could probably hold it in longer than this feline. You try sitting down on a couch and actually WATCHING urine pool up OUT OF the cushions, not pleasant to say the least. Febreeze a shirt and keep a CLOSE eye on it, because two seconds later the cat has managed to somehow magically teleport a big wet pee-stain right onto the shirt. The beast chews through computer cables, has actually put two gaping holes in the walls of my apartment, completely ruined the blinds by EATING them, and oh yeah, it's destroyed ART. Were it not for the fact that it's not even MY cat, but my roommates', this abomination to nature would have been taken to the vet and had a complete brainectomy or ANYTHING to put it out of MY misery. Notwithstanding my stance on actually abhorring any creulty to animals, this one cat would drive any sane ASPCA member mad. Now, who says that cats are better than dogs, eh?

So yeah, Febreeze fixes everything, but not insane, demonic, psycho cats.
Talic Blood
Berserker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad I never got to see any of your work, Shadowii, but i'd still like to hear about the story....if possible. See you later man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: