Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Question about the Art Corner...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Question about the Art Corner... Reply with quote

In the description, it says "show off your sprites", but is it ok to show off other forms of art as well? I'd love to get tips for my manga drawings and such.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why not. That's just what I say though...its whatever Roo says that goes. Raspberry!
Castle Guard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an excellent idea. Sprites aren't everything, after all--drawing concept sketches and character artwork can serve as a base model and help you further enhance your production. Go for it!

zetes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Time to scan something in.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the case, then perhaps this should not be under the ohrrpgce category.
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It originally wasn't, but someone (I don't remember who) moved it here. However, I think it does belong here because we're not trying to accomodate every single person who visits this forum (which is what Zantetsuken does), and if we put it outside the OHRRPGCE category, that is what it would appear to be.

Those are my opinions on it.
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With due respect towards Zant, I think it's best to move topics only when they're extremely off the boards subject. This topic discusses how art applies to OHR, even if that's not all it discusses. Discussions do that. They branch off in a lot of directions, and that's why movies like "My Dinner with Andre" are so interesting. If "..Andre" had been a 3 minute movie with two dozen sequels, each film starting with the beginning of a new topic and ending when it branches off, the movie would suck.

I like the more liberal feeling to these boards, I'd rather be slightly off topic than go chasing a conversation from forum to forum.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone, the discussion was about whether to move the entire Art Forum from under OHR to general, since it focuses on all art. My feelings are that it really doesn't matter, and besides, the majority of the work the corner will get is going to be OHR related anyway.

And by the way, glad to have you here, Stone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Komera

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to start a thread on doujinshi I couldn't believe I found (as I did on Zant), would this be the place for it? Or would you rather I just save it for Zant since the doujinshi are not by any of us and usually are hentai or yaoi (not exactly suitable for mixed company).

BTW- since this particular forum is about art, I feel obligated to cretique any piece of art by anyone registered to these forums. No cretique from me is in itself a cretique, of course. But if I do actually post my cretique, be warned now that they will be harsh at worse and vague at best. I go into detail in my cretiquing, and yes I really do expect the treatment in return when I post any of my art... though I rarely get it. My cretiques are hard not because I don't like what I'm looking at (that case usually earns the no posted cretique), but because I'm honestly interested in it and I believe in perfection. Even my peers in HS and AI quickly learned never come to me to ask how a picture looks because I ALWAYS suggest improvements. I don't give hard cretiques because I'm malicious... but because I do like to help others better their skills.

And I think I'll probably start tomorrow. That girl in red with the green stripe in the other thread is victim... er... subject (yeah, that's the ticket) number one. Tomorrow.

SD - Ten creatures remaining.
Chaos Nyte
Reviewer
Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your critiques sound perfect for the function of Art Corner, Komera, and by all means, start a thread where you post links to weird doujinshi. In terms of adult or not, I'd rather lean on the side of members of being able to handle a little weirdness or sexual innuendo then attempt to censor them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, as long as its not something from rotten.com (XCal, anyone?).
is fantastic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I remember that. That was back when I read Zantetsuken but didn't post. Ah...memories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that the first time someone got banned from Zan?

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Rinku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and only, yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
zetes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't poodles banned?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> Creative Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: