Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Trailblazers release.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retrogamer
Trailblazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Trailblazers release. Reply with quote

Finally...

http://www.castleparadox.com/cgi-bin/gamelist-display.php?game=283

Been a while since I released a game that wasn't for a contest...

-Retro

It determines who's left.
djfenix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I be the first to say... "OMG!!!11 DIS R0X0RZZZZ!!! LOLOLOL!!!111"...

ahem...

Great stuff. Feels very old-school
Sephyroth
Renegade Rebel Redmage
Class A Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a noticeable number of OHR side-scrollers have been coming out lately since Baby Bob came out. In any case, the game seems pretty cool judging from the one screenshot I've seen of it, and the description.

After playing: Well, here's my comments. Overall, it was a really cool game, although I never got to the end. The controls were a bit laggy with VDMS, so I may have missed out on any musical content. Some parts of the game were rather frustration, but still fun. The fish in the "Filthy sewers" level gave me suicidal urges Oookay... . I never finished the demo, but nevertheless I look forward to the full game. Ha ha ha!

Last edited by Sephyroth on Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying I don't have a diskette with me! NOOOO!!!1!!!!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
*Worthy*
Critical Thinker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I am really enjoying this game, I haven't finished it yet though...

Just few questions:

1) How do you make that health bar type object in the upper-left corner follow the screen so perfectly? At first I thought it may be an NPC or something, but by the way it follows you I know it's not walking to stay in the same position related to the player.

2) For the first boss, how do you make an enemy of that size move so smoothly like that? The boss is probably a few NPCs put together, but when the boss moves you can't see any difference or any signs of NPCs.

3) How did you make the white bar that rolls down over the "Retro Works" text at the beginning?

Those three things I could not think of how you did it.

Great game though, I look forward to the full version!

~Worthy
Sew
Just here for looks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!

I feel as though all of my nagging for the past...

...errr....

...Well, whenever I played it first...

I feel that it was all worth it.

Same comments I made the first time I played it apply here...If you don't remember... I WILL send you the logs! >:- D

~Sew
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your game is truly awesome!

I love the intro- very nice gfx and scripting!
Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, as I said on mIRC. This game rocks... almost in every perspectives. The presentation is VERY Slick, it looks like an authentic NES game. I'm tempted to say that it does a much better (SUPERIOR even) job than Horgoth's "8-bit" presentation.

The gfx is nice and utilitarian... kind of like Metroid if you will (I guess efficient would be a better word for it.) One can only imagine how experienced the author is in the art of pixelling. I'ts VERY easy to pixel using tons of colors... but it's a very difficult job trying to limit yourself to a NES palette and do the job efficiently. and OH... BEST OHR INTRO EVER!

So far I'm just trying to get used to the controls... and haven't got past level 2 yet. I should probably finish it with one of the easier characters or something, but I haven't been able to break my old habit (like... I have this habit of picking female characters in fighting games even though they suck... :p). So far I have no complains, but if do... I'll tell you through the IRC :>

Orchard-L/Friend,
"I am Collins. From my position in the moon's orbit, I watched Armstrong and Aldrin land and walk on the surface. I was so close to the ground of the moon, and yet I returned without having trod upon it... I am Collins." -Friend
Gnome
Trix Bunny Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is so awesome! I love the intro and the extremely smooth side-scolling technique. This is my favorite OHR game yet. The graphics are great, the gameplay is great, what more could you want? I can't imagine how long it took to plotscript and make all those screens! Great game!

My website
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded it too. I'm gonna play it tonight!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: