Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

#ohrrpgce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Coup-de-Gras Reply with quote

So what has all this accomplished?

1. - Rolling Stone picked up something I said and used it as one of the central points of his post.

2. - ....

I believe this constitutes as evidence that arguing never got a whole lot done. On the other hand, it did provide an opportunity to get a few things off people's chests, so that could be marked up as another positive experience. That and it brought to light many aspects of the Heroist philosophy, which until now I knew little or nothing about. If nothing else was accomplished, at least one of us learned SOMETHING today, and that's something you can put in your pipe and smoke.

I'll administer the coup-de-gras I suppose.

We're a game-making community. Our trade is the creation of games, and the aspects that go into game making, whether that be designing, planning, or reviewing. Now there's work to be done, so let's not waste any more time.
Rinku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still waiting for answers to my questions, fenrir.

also note that no one has given the evidence requested. if you make an accusation, why not back it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because most people didn't keep a log of every post on Zantetsuken.
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And anyone reading this thread would notice you're a cocky know-it-all Rinku. Your attitude in itself serves as evidence.

Kidding of course, but seriously Rinku, flame wars are kinda old fashioned, hence this threads dying a slow obscure death, and if you don't grow out of them you're gonna get left behind.

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I make a quick note? No? Well, I will anyway.

Rinku wrote:
I think what harlock and shiz meant was not that it would be the only ohr messageboard, but that it would be the only one that's oriented toward game creation.

Thusly, if this board was completely oriented toward game creation, then there would be no place for you to have this silly argument!

I, personally will not simply stop going to #ohrrpgce because of Heroists, for I cannot be daunted by them. Also, my old pal J'sang doesn't go to #paradoxlounge.

While I'm here (and R&H are, as well), I'd just like to point out that I didn't like Tilde & the Mask of :P. It was just so much Heroist propaganda... Whatever gameplay there was in it was so dreadfully boring that I could hardly keep playing it. Had it been finished in time, I doubt that it would have been fair competition against Shiz and I (Oh, and I'm still waiting for the formal declaration of the results for Human Day 2001, Harlock). That's all I'd like to say...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!
Finally! Someone admits to disliking Tilde and the Mask of : P!
JSH357

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCW, I told you I didn't like Tilde either. Remember?
Blazes Battles Inc.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was too boring... and I almost CRTL-ALT-DELeted when I figured the main enemy was Santa and you were a toy elf... but when everyone else is talking about how good it is I wouldn't say that because I don't like getting flamed in return.
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forced myself to play it. Yeah, forced. What does that say? There was a lot of great stuff in there, but for every great element we had 7 bad or boring ones. I remember Harlock saying that every piece of a game needs to pound you in the balls with a sledgehammer labelled:
THEME

So where did theme come in regarding the tedious dungeons, pointless random battles, walking around Canada for no good reason and wandering confusing woods ripped out of FF6 and made crappy? And if every element must bleed theme, how do you explain the snow being white? How does that present theme? What about the precise angle of Tilde's ears?

What I liked were the mask and the graphics, those were cool. Call me simple minded but I just don't understand the statement "Being nice to other people for one whole day out of a year is evil".

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Uncommon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Stone wrote:
I just don't understand the statement "Being nice to other people for one whole day out of a year is evil".

That's why I said the game was dripping with Heroist propaganda! From what I gathered from Harlock, the Heroist philosophy is (or at least was some six months ago) that selfishness will save the world. Now, how could a selfish person teach anyone else for their betterment? Quite contradictional, eh?

Now, I didn't really like most of the enemy graphics in Tilde. They looked as if they had been drawn on paper, scanned, and then left in a horribly ugly state.
It was also rather annoying that neither Mortevold nor Andre could properly attack, and that one couldn't leave the Shared Root Forest (or whatever it was called) even with Andre in the party. Whenever I tried, Mortevold would always say something about needing to get Andre first. Well, I suppose it wouldn't matter, since there wasn't really anywhere to go in "New Canada" anyway...

By the way, was Mr. Strand supposed to look like Harlock? He resembled the depictions of him in Harlock and Rinku's Game That Include's the Game "Bill's Never Go West". Perhaps it is merely coincidental...

Well, Lord Heroists, it seems that I have hit quite a soft spot by criticizing this game... For some reason, it reminds me of the story behind Zelda: Doujingeemu, but it seems a bit mixed around...

No matter. One final note, who is to say that Uncommon has no anti-Heroistic potential? Though I would not use it in such a manner. Rather, I would only remain a lone Chivalrist. Whether folks will follow that, I haven't a clue, but I would prefer that they didn't.

Selfishness cannot save the world, it can only destroy it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seth
Hardcore Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are we gonna start up a faction or something?

Though that was a good point about selfishness.
James Paige

Embattled Productions Home
Uncommon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nay! For that would ruin the whole Lone Chimaera bit. I just like to fight my own battles, with allies and others helping as they will.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heroists'(or at least Rinku's) definition of selfishness is one that I like.
Uncommon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would that definition be, pray tell? Rinku has a lot of weird and incorrect definitions. I wouldn't trust them any more than I would the Voice of Saruman. Don't let his pretty words sway you! Other than that, Rinku is considerably more respectable than Harlock Huh?
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: