Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Bye! (CANCELLED)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Bye! (CANCELLED) Reply with quote

JSH357 wrote:
(Don't like FFH or .hack)

I see... and your 'D' review is pure gold as well. Lazy ass, can't even make your own original screenshots for a review that does almost nothing but criticise the efforts put into making a game to please everyone. If a game that 2200 people have looked at, loved, and sought to emulate is deserving of a 'D', then surely that review should be brought into question.

Perhaps Poor attention to graphics, lack of balance, horribly chosen music, uninteresting characters, and a storyline that is incoherant is apparently the OHR game standard we're striving for in our game design? I'd think not.

Unless of course, I have misinterpreted your review in some manner, and it's entirely possible that I have.

Regardless of this, not only will I back off, but this time it's for good. I've been waiting for an excuse to mysteriously vanish from the forums, and apparently never come back. This seems like the time. Besides, like I explained several months ago, it's part of some huge plan almost nobody will ever understand. Precicely that is, that I would like to see what impression I've made on others when I'm 'not around', and their opinions aren't affected by my presence. In all honesty, I don't so much mind JSH speaking his opinion, though the lack of effort it apparently took to write that review, the laziness in stealing MCW's screenshots, and the abnormal amount of criticism lead me to believe that it was a flame. So that being the case, it's my decision to isolate myself once again, and produce my next game away from the community spotlight, much like FFH and the others were. Point being, I work best alone.

Again, a lot of people are going to take this as a weak flaw in my character, of being upset at ONE review. That's not it. If they think that, then my purpose in proclaiming my leaving has been justified, and as a result, I can leave with a clear concience. Now that I think about it, I really DON'T care about what the score or totals, or anything was for one game, but the overall point was that I need to leave for my own reasons, and simply saying 'im leaving for college or studies or to work on games undistracted' simply won't cut it anymore. Call it a 'fake' excuse to jump ship, since I normally spend several hours on these boards anyway. It's a large portion of my time that can better be spent doing other things. More important things. Again the excuse that I'm overreacting to this, I know it'll be brought up. So what? Their opinion. They're entitled to it. I've stated my reasons, and the JSH review is the perfect cover, so in actuality, I owe him one.

So, farewell CP. It's been fun. I'll still be available for contact, and can be reached via PMs, or those who know my AIM screen name. And, if CN and IM would like, I will contribute to the CP store in any way they believe I can. So technically, I'm not leaving. It's just I have decided to go silent. The next time I post will either be when TSSE's final release hits the download list... or this really is it. Keep in mind if I do return early.. my return we be more than justified.

Bye!

Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez...I can't believe you're leaving...

Last edited by Squall on Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame.
Get over yourself, sweetheart.
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lucy.
But without the sweetheart part.

You said you liked it when people stated their own opinion, so JSH did.. and now that you don't like it, you're just leaving? It.. just.. why?
sephy99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess some just can't handle criticism. You can't be loved by everybody, eh, whatever.
Retrogamer
Trailblazer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Ahem... Reply with quote

I'm a bit late posting this (and I'm repeating info from some of the other posts), but here goes:

You are overreacting way too much about this!

Don't expect to make a game that everyone is going to love. It isn't going to happen. 2200 downloads for a game is very impressive, but it says nothing about the quality or enjoyment of a game... not everyone who downloads the game is guaranteed to like it. Game players have diverse tastes, after all...

Besides, it's just one review. ONE! It may be a harsh review, but it's hardly a reason to pack your bags and go.

Take your lumps and continue on...

If I sound like an ass, that's not my intention.
I'm just telling you what I think.

-Retro

It determines who's left.
JSH357

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir, not everybody is going to like everything you do. To some
people, FFH could be considered a great game, and hey, that's great,
but it isn't the type of game that I enjoy. I never said that OHR
game standards should be as low as you stated previously; but that
doesn't mean that your game is automatically the standard.

I don't like to attack people, especially those with more respect/strength
than I, but you have some growing up to do. It doesn't matter if you
work on a work of art for ten years straight without eating; there will
be those who do not appreciate it as well as others.

Anyway, I'm not apologizing for writing that review, because it was
written with my honest opinion in mind. Sorry it cut off your precious
#1 spot, but if you just look at everything as a number, are you really
looking at everything?
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrir edited his post, trying to point out a part of his post that many missed. He's been trying to find a reason to leave for a while now. From what I hear, he's taking a whole lot of classes this year and doesn't want anything to get in the way. Don't think that he's just packed his bags and left because he got a bad review. He just wants to have an excuse not to come to these forums. This came up. He grabbed on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xerian
The one and only in all

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He's been trying to find a reason to leave for a while now"

That's just what I was about to point out.

But I don't think he needed a reason like that just to leave. He could've just told us and we would have understood. But then he said many of us may not understand... hmm.
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll catch ya some other time.

I'm not gonna say "over reacting" or "lame" etc.

because i understand fenrir just wants to become a "silent wolf" in the herd of sheep. I'll leave it at that.

I'll be looking forward to the TSSE's release
I enjoyed the FFH game
and i'll miss the eratic moderators you have, where wolves somehow gain boobs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say I'll miss you, but I have your e-mail still in my inbox :flamedevil:

Don't worry, if you don't want me bothering you, I won't. I don't think you should leave. I mean, Chaz and I put a lot of effort into Realmsoft's games and NK2 got a C+ and NK3 got a D+. It hurts, man, I know. Especially when you believe your game was wrongly reviewed.

Some people here really like you, and wouldn't want to lose you.
I'm one of them. If you do, however, but off posting in CP, I'll try to keep in contact with you.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fenrir-Lunaris
WUT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Wily wrote:
Curse you Megaman! My plan has faild!!

Or at least that's the story in a nutshell. The extended version was that CN said that shutting up and leaving wasn't a response, and that the only way to effectively deal with a bad review is to counter it with even better games, or some sort of contribution to make your efforts seem worthwhile. However, judging from the responses I've received within the last 24 hours or so, I'd say that a lot of people's faith in me was shattered by the announcement that I'm leaving to concentrate more fully on my projects and with my actual life.

That announcement has been retracted conditionally, and the two contitions are that at some point in the immediate future, a graphics tutorial be released to the OHR public, and that the length and quality of reviews be correspondingly related to the length and quality of the game they review. The graphics tutorial is in production NOW, and hopefully it will not go to waste. As for the reviews, I will discuss that in the review wars forum, where it should be kept, and not allowed to bleed out into the rest of Castle Paradox.

I said before that this is a Game Making community, not a soap opera, and last night it became one. Today is another day, and there are plenty of other opportunities to F*ck it up worse than before, none of which I am going to do. I've got work to do.

Actually I'm just bullshitting about my reason to come back, the only reason I'm back at all is because of this:

Flamer wrote:
I'll miss the eratic moderators you have, where wolves somehow gain boobs.
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its nice your back, but remember you have free will on all points. If you want to leave, feel free to go ahead.
Flamer
The last guy on earth...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, that i stand with that statement!
Setu_Firestorm
Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I won't question JSH's motives, but when he replied to this, he seemed to be a real jackass about it.

THERE! The first curse word I've said in CP! Raspberry!

Ya know, I'm not saying I have no respect for him, just reading the review, and considering the source that the critisism is coming from, I just feel that its like a dog trying to tackle an elephant, if you get my drift!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/georgerpowell
Newgrounds: http://setu-firestorm.newgrounds.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: