Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Identify spell?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KhaTheGrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Identify spell? Reply with quote

I would like to know to do an identify spell, like Libra from the Final Fantasy series, to where it displays info about an enemy, like elemental weaknesses and strengths, etc...
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you simply want to show the target's HP, that is fairly easy.

Go to "Damage Settings..." -> "Damage Bitsets..." and then turn on the following bitsets:

"Show damage without inflicting"
"% based attacks damage instead of set"

Then change the "Damage Math:" to "100% of current"

You might also want to use the "Show Attack Name" bitset, and set the attack name to be something like "Current HP"

If you want to display elemental weaknesses or other info, it gets more complicated.

Rename one of your elementals to "Identify" (If you are already using all your elementals, you can increase the number of them up as high as 64 by going to "Edit General Game Data" -> "Battle System Options" -> "Number of Elements")

Make your scan/libra attack do "Identify" elemental damage, and then give every enemy a counterattack to "Identify" elemental attacks. This attack should use the attack caption to display a line of information about the enemy.

This method can be nice, but it is a lot of work because you need a whole bunch of different identify counterattacks for each type of enemy.

I should really program a better way to do identify attacks. Sorry it is so much of a pain right now! :)
KhaTheGrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob the Hamster wrote:
If you simply want to show the target's HP, that is fairly easy.

Go to "Damage Settings..." -> "Damage Bitsets..." and then turn on the following bitsets:

"Show damage without inflicting"
"% based attacks damage instead of set"

Then change the "Damage Math:" to "100% of current"

You might also want to use the "Show Attack Name" bitset, and set the attack name to be something like "Current HP"

If you want to display elemental weaknesses or other info, it gets more complicated.

Rename one of your elementals to "Identify" (If you are already using all your elementals, you can increase the number of them up as high as 64 by going to "Edit General Game Data" -> "Battle System Options" -> "Number of Elements")

Make your scan/libra attack do "Identify" elemental damage, and then give every enemy a counterattack to "Identify" elemental attacks. This attack should use the attack caption to display a line of information about the enemy.

This method can be nice, but it is a lot of work because you need a whole bunch of different identify counterattacks for each type of enemy.

I should really program a better way to do identify attacks. Sorry it is so much of a pain right now! Happy

Thank you. c:

Now, I wonder, can I hide elements like I do stats?

Thinking about it, I do have one more question. How do I do a prologue where you play a different character who isn't the protagonist and not have items carry over?
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhaTheGrey wrote:

Now, I wonder, can I hide elements like I do stats?

The only elementals that actually show up on the status screen are the ones that have strengths and weaknesses. When you are using an elemental to trigger a counterattack, no strengths or weaknesses are needed
Rya.Reisender
Snippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since people mainly use "Scan" in combat to find out what elemental weaknesses a monster has and how many HP it got left, it would be enough to just make one counter spell per elemental weakness combination rather than for every monster.
Then the text can just display "Target is weak to fire" and you can use the counter for every monster that is weak to fire.
Combine that with the "Show remaining HP as damage" and you are good to go.
1. short-tempered, snappish, 2. unduly brief or curt (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum